DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Orengefox said:
Dartz150 said:
thanks, probably, my hack will be ready on January, 'cause now, I need to research about the .sbnk file, I have done your procces, but the Platinum music is all messed up, the instruments are there, and playing fine, but them all are in a crazy form...
If you can, any help would be fine ^^

EDIT:BTW I'm tired of using an Hex editor :S ... do you know any program to extract the contesnts os .sdat files more easily?
wink.gif
QUOTE(Dartz150 @ Nov 27 2010, 03:33 AM) well, i have found some tools, but none of them are capable of extract the .*swar files, only in a *.midi or *.wav format :S, how I can extract them in a "pure" form?
Yeah, just swapping instruments around isn't always going to work out as one would hope. This is where hacking into *.sbnk files comes into play and even if you do know how to do it, trying to get it to play right will require a lot of trial and error. It's not easy but hopefully you'll make excellent progress. Good luck with that
wink.gif

If you're looking for a way to extract files from out an *.sdat file without converting them into another format, there's two good programs that can do that. VGMTrans.exe (VGM Trans) can allow you to extract files individually from out of an *.sdat file without converting them (the option to extract and convert is available if you need it). Then there's Editor.exe (NDS Editor 0.1) which is a very good program if you want to extract the *.sdat file from out of a game as well as extracting the files from out of an *.sdat file without converting them into a different format (the option to extract and convert is available if you need it). The NDS Editor can even compile a new *.sdat file which works if you know how to make it work.

Hope that help
smile.gif

Of course! Without you proyect, I NEVER would be motivated for doing my hack!
smile.gif
, and... there is the "sticky" nemesis of the time.... I said that the hack would be available on January, but, as I see the things going, it will require muuuuuch more time... maybe on summer or fall I will have AT LEAST the 98% of the proyect :S, but the reward is BIG!

thanks for all you support
grog.gif
!

loco365

Trophies
XP
Orengefox said:
A slightly newer version of this hack [v1.5] is now available to download. The only thing that's been added is a customized music sample which can now loop indefinitely (using the recent information that's been posted at the PokeCommunity forums here).

Get your copy of the v1.5 hack here folks.

Read the first post [here] for further information about this hack.

And now a video demonstration of what's been added:

This of course is not the last update, I'll still be updating this project.

Other than that, enjoy!
I see you read my tutorial. I must ask. How do you know what offset to use for the loop?

loco365

Trophies
XP
Orengefox said:
Team Fail said:
I see you read my tutorial. I must ask. How do you know what offset to use for the loop?
Indeed I have been reading through your topic from time to time to see what was being discussed. That's where I found out about the whole looping information. Excellent work on the tutorial by the way. I even learned something new from it as it was something I haven't looked into really until now; this is regarding the use of FL Studio 9 and .dls files to make things easier when determining the right instruments for any music track. Thanks for that. Now then, as for how I knew what offset to use for the loop:

QUOTEJust add 94+XXXXXX at the end of each track within the *.SSEQ file (XXXXXX = offset to where you want to start the loop, in reversed hex).
That's all there is to it in a nutshell. The example I put together that's included in the latest version of this hack shows that the process indeed works. I would use that example as a reference so that you have an understanding of how it works.

Should you have any trouble still, at some point I will be updating the NSMB Sound & Music Hacking guide again to reflect the newer information that's available now. I'll be sure to go into greater detail with the newer information.
I'd link to your tutorial, but PC's rules prohibit me from doing that. For some reason, I thought you used the address of the loop in relation to the .SDAT, I would have never thought of the .SSEQ. But, this opened a door for me. I now realized that all these files are loaded individually from the .SDAT, and the .SDAT isn't all loaded at once, rather, parts of it are loaded. I'll have to learn myself to loop, then add it to the tutorial.

And as for the .dls thing, I wondered if it could be reversed so that they could be made into .sbnk files from VGMTrans' source. I have the source, I'll have to upload it later or send it to you on MSN.

EDIT: I'm attempting this today, so I'll update and provide a sample of my works when I get it working.

mrTerryBogard

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
street-fighter.ucoz.ru
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Help:
- New Music for New Retro Mario Bros. Need to replace the standard music NSMB for remixes of SMB in accordance with the original. Music maps can be replaced by remixes from SMB3 in accordance with the original.
- New Music for New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Hack). Need to replace the standard music NSMB for remixes of SMB2 in accordance with the original. Music maps can be replaced by remixes from SMB3 in accordance with the original.
- New Music for New Super Mario Bros. 3 (Hack). Need to replace the standard music NSMB for remixes of SMB3 in accordance with the original.

I tried to put NSMB DS Sound & Music Hack v1.4, Hacking the Nintendo DS Games Sound Data System! But patcher swears by the difference in the amounts and nothing happens.

mrTerryBogard

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
street-fighter.ucoz.ru
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Help: New Music for New Mario Bros.:

Original Music (New Music)
- Title Screen (Title from SMB (SMAS))
- W 1 Map (W 1 Map from SMB3 (SMAS))
- All W *-Mushroom & Hurry (Toad's House from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W 1-1 & W 2-1 & W 2-4 & W 2-5 & W 3-A & W 4-1 & W 4-4 W 6-3 & W 6-4 & W 6-6 & W 7-5 (Overworld from SMB1 (SMAS))
- W 1-2 & W 2-3 & W 4-5 & W 5-2 & W 5-C & W 7-A & W 8-2 (Underworld from SMB1 (SMAS))
- W 1-3 & W 1-5 & W 3-2 & W 4-2 & W 5-A & W 5-C & W 7-4 & W 7-6 (Athletic from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W *-Fortress (Fortress from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W 1-4 & 5-3 (Overworld from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W 1-A & W 3-1 & W 3-3 & W 4-3 & W 8-3 (Swimming from SMB1 (SMAS))
- W 1-Castle & W 2-Castle & W 3-Castle 4 W 1-Castle & W 5-Castle & W 6-Castle & W 7-Castle (Castle from SMB1 (SMAS))
- W 2 Map (W 2 Map from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W 2-2 W 8-6 (Enemy Battle from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W 2-6 & W 2-A & W 3-B & W 3-C & W 4-6 & W 4-A & W 6-1 & W 6-2 & W 6-5 & W 6-A & W 7-3 (Athletic from SMW)
- W 3 Map (W 3 Map from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W *-Haunted House & W 8-1 & & W 8-4 & W 8-7 & W 8-5 & W 8-8 (Haunted House from SMW)
- W 4 Map (W 4 Map from SMW)
- W 5 Map (W 6 Map from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W 5-1 & W 5-4 & W 6-B (Jangle Bells from DKC3)
- W 6 Map (W 4 Map from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W 7 Map (W 5 Map from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W 7-1 & W 7-2 & 7-7 (In the Clouds from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W 8 Map (W 8 Map from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W 8-Castle (Fortress from SMW)
- Battle With Koopa Kid (Mini-Boss from SMW2)
- Reborn Bowser (Final Battle) (Bowser from SMW2)
- End Credits (Ending from SMB1 (SMAS))
- Starman (Powerful Infant from SMW2)

Original Sound (New Sound)
- Running Out of Time (Time Up Warning from SMB1 (SMAS))
- Level Complete & Level Complete - Super Mario Bros Version (Course Clear from SMB1 (SMAS))
- All Items Obtained (Bonus Win from SMB3 (SMAS)
- Bowser Defeated (Bowser Clear from SMW2)
- Life Lost (Player Down from SMB1 (SMAS))
- Game Over (Game Over from SMB1 (SMAS))

MinusR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, you got it loop. I'm can't get my music loop.

Just add 94+XXXXXX at the end of each track within the *.SSEQ file (XXXXXX = offset to where you want to start the loop, in reversed hex).

I really don't understand this.=/

mrTerryBogard

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
street-fighter.ucoz.ru
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
mrTerryBogard said:
Help: New Music for New Mario Bros.:

Original Music (New Music)
- Title Screen (Title from SMB (SMAS))
- W 1 Map (W 1 Map from SMB3 (SMAS))
- All W *-Mushroom & Hurry (Toad's House from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W 1-1 & W 2-1 & W 2-4 & W 2-5 & W 3-A & W 4-1 & W 4-4 W 6-3 & W 6-4 & W 6-6 & W 7-5 (Overworld from SMB1 (SMAS))
- W 1-2 & W 2-3 & W 4-5 & W 5-2 & W 5-C & W 7-A & W 8-2 (Underworld from SMB1 (SMAS))
- W 1-3 & W 1-5 & W 3-2 & W 4-2 & W 5-A & W 5-C & W 7-4 & W 7-6 (Athletic from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W *-Fortress (Fortress from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W 1-4 & 5-3 (Overworld from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W 1-A & W 3-1 & W 3-3 & W 4-3 & W 8-3 (Swimming from SMB1 (SMAS))
- W 1-Castle & W 2-Castle & W 3-Castle 4 W 1-Castle & W 5-Castle & W 6-Castle & W 7-Castle (Castle from SMB1 (SMAS))
- W 2 Map (W 2 Map from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W 2-2 W 8-6 (Enemy Battle from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W 2-6 & W 2-A & W 3-B & W 3-C & W 4-6 & W 4-A & W 6-1 & W 6-2 & W 6-5 & W 6-A & W 7-3 (Athletic from SMW)
- W 3 Map (W 3 Map from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W *-Haunted House & W 8-1 & & W 8-4 & W 8-7 & W 8-5 & W 8-8 (Haunted House from SMW)
- W 4 Map (W 4 Map from SMW)
- W 5 Map (W 6 Map from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W 5-1 & W 5-4 & W 6-B (Jangle Bells from DKC3)
- W 6 Map (W 4 Map from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W 7 Map (W 5 Map from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W 7-1 & W 7-2 & 7-7 (In the Clouds from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W 8 Map (W 8 Map from SMB3 (SMAS))
- W 8-Castle (Fortress from SMW)
- Battle With Koopa Kid (Mini-Boss from SMW2)
- Reborn Bowser (Final Battle) (Bowser from SMW2)
- End Credits (Ending from SMB1 (SMAS))
- Starman (Powerful Infant from SMW2)

Original Sound (New Sound)
- Running Out of Time (Time Up Warning from SMB1 (SMAS))
- Level Complete & Level Complete - Super Mario Bros Version (Course Clear from SMB1 (SMAS))
- All Items Obtained (Bonus Win from SMB3 (SMAS)
- Bowser Defeated (Bowser Clear from SMW2)
- Life Lost (Player Down from SMB1 (SMAS))
- Game Over (Game Over from SMB1 (SMAS))
Where are you?

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, Orengefox. Just wanted to ask you a question- I replaced the sound_sdat file, but none of the new music plays. Do you know why?

Note: I replaced the sdat in my hack, if it's any good to know. It runs fine, thankfully, but I just wanted to know why the new music doesn't work. PM me back for assistance.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hey what is the sound of jump

Bump bump bump, bump bump da bump.

To answer your question (which I believe is already explained in the first post) the jumping sound is that of the jumping sound in the NES Super Mario Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?