ROM Hack RELEASE NSC_Builder. Nintendo Switch Cleaner and Builder. (Game+updates+dlc in a single xci)

• Thread starter JRoad
  • Start date
  • Views 734,740
  • Replies 2,827
  • Likes 74

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is an amazing tool, i just wish i could get it to work.

could someone give me a few simple steps how to merge an nsp update file into an xci and save it as xci ?

im trying but i keep getting an error stating failed to execute script squirrel

this is literally the game i want the nsp to merge with its xci XD

im getting the same thing

If you had just read the last page you'd have your answer. I even gave the answer to the person you quoted you need 7.0 keys use Lockpick_rcm google it and follow the instructions.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have MK11 with the update 1.0.2 in one singel XCI file
i see it in SXOS but when i start the game it`s say gamecard could read?
There exists a bad 1.0.2 update (without tickets). Try another one.
Building a working XCI with NSCB for MK11 +UPD 1.0.2 +DLCs works fine with 7.0.1+SXOS 2.6.2 :grog:

Last edited by 18Phoenix,

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
I had MK11 and 1.01 update, and it was about 20GB. As soon as I create an XCI with the 1.02 update, the resulting XCI is 41GB. Will this not cause an error saying "game card could not be read", as that would mean a 64Gb card, which aren't in use officially yet?

Crazywhitie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is an amazing tool, i just wish i could get it to work.

could someone give me a few simple steps how to merge an nsp update file into an xci and save it as xci ?

im trying but i keep getting an error stating failed to execute script squirrel

this is literally the game i want the nsp to merge with its xci XD

im getting the same thing

These are the instructions for the Lockpick_rcm.. I missed to the first time cuz Google took me to the Download..

• Upon completion, keys will be saved to /switch/prod.keys on SD
If the console has Firmware 7.x, the /sept/ folder from Atmosphère or Kosmos release zip containing both sept-primary.bin and sept-secondary.enc must be present on SD

Reactions: leonmagnus99

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had MK11 and 1.01 update, and it was about 20GB. As soon as I create an XCI with the 1.02 update, the resulting XCI is 41GB. Will this not cause an error saying "game card could not be read", as that would mean a 64Gb card, which aren't in use officially yet?

There's no reason to combine two updates you should start over with MK11 xci or nsp which is like 7 gb and combine it with 1.02 which is like 16. I have no idea if it'll even work but it's a waste of space. You're doing something abnormal so it wouldn't be surprising if it made the game too big to work.

Last edited by ,

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There's no reason to combine two updates you should start over with MK11 xci or nsp which is like 7 gb and combine it with 1.02 which is like 16. I have no idea if it'll even work but it's a waste of space. You're doing something abnormal so it wouldn't be surprising if it made the game too big to work.

Only thing I could think of is (haven't tried) is when you get to the option to remove (1) update, (2) dlc or (3) update and dlc. He must have accidentally chosen option (2) leaving the previous update?

brollikk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has this been updated to allow games to be run with 7.0 keys? the highest I can go is 6.2 so far, even though I have keys from 7.0

torrentted84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried the Combine multiple files into 1 XCI which works fine under SXOS, and also installs fine if I decide to do that.
Now I tried the Multi content splitter to see if I can delete the different NSP's since they are included in the XCI but the resulting NSP files are about 5kb smaller than the original files.

Is there a reason for that? I am not at home to test and see if those work.
Checking with Switch Backup Manager 1.1.9 it seems it is missing all of the meta data and picture. So it's not completely rebuilding it with the required information.

Edit:
I get while running Spliter mode for every file:
-----------------
Repacking as nsp
-----------------
Generating nsp:
- Writing header...
- Appending e..d.nca
- Appending f..4.nca
- Appending 9..5.nca
- Appending 7..8.cnmt.nca
Too many arguments in command line.

It does however create(s) .nsp file(s).

Last edited by torrentted84,

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
Getting this error when trying to process a custom XCI (Mortal Kombat 11):

Code:
Exception: local variable 'docheck' referenced before assignment
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "squirrel.py", line 3103, in <module>
  File "lib\sq_tools.py", line 908, in get_xciheader
  File "Fs\Hfs0.py", line 525, in gen_rhfs0_head
IndexError: list index out of range
[8580] Failed to execute script squirrel

It may well be the same error I got a few pages back on Sports Party

brollikk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does work with 7 keys. Did you use lockpick or lockpick_rcm? Only lockpick_rcm will give you 7 keys.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-7-0-key-derivation-lockpick_rcm-payload.532916/

I already got my 7.0 keys, but NSC builder only allows me to downgrade the compiled games to 6.2 as the highest firmware. I know I can just leave them alone, but the reason I ask this is because 8.0 is now out. If there is a game that requires 8.0 but can be downgraded to like 7.0 I would prefer that.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'll try to correct the last reported issues and if I have time unify the beta and the stable in one during the weekend. Between the holidays and a busy return to work didn't have time these last weeks.

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
New error I haven't seen before, when trying to create an XCI with the latest Minecraft update:

Code:
Calculating final content:
Exception: Failed to decrypt NCA header: b'\x1b\xf0\xae='
Filename: Minecraft [0100D71004694800] [v1048576][nscb].xci
Exception: Failed to decrypt NCA header: b'\x1b\xf0\xae='
        - Writing XCI header...
        - Writing XCI game info...
        - Generating padding...
        - Writing XCI certificate...
        - Writing ROOT HFS0 header...
        - Writing UPDATE partition header...
          Calculated multiplier: 1
        - Writing NORMAL partition header...
        - Writing SECURE partition header...
          Calculated multiplier: 3
  0%|                                                                   | 63.0k/655M [00:00<02:41, 4.05MB/s]Exception: Failed to decrypt NCA header: b'\x1b\xf0\xae='

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm, just happened again on NBA Playgrounds 2:

Code:
Exception: Failed to decrypt NCA header: b'\x85\x87\x0f\xfc'
Filename: NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 [01001AE00C1B2800] [v524288][nscb].xci
Exception: Failed to decrypt NCA header: b'\x85\x87\x0f\xfc'
        - Writing XCI header...
        - Writing XCI game info...
        - Generating padding...
        - Writing XCI certificate...
        - Writing ROOT HFS0 header...
        - Writing UPDATE partition header...
        - Writing NORMAL partition header...
        - Writing SECURE partition header...
          Calculated multiplier: 2
  0%|                                                                          | 63.0k/1.80G [00:00<?, ?B/s]Exception: Failed to decrypt NCA header: b'\x85\x87\x0f\xfc'

Alchemy_Gaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m having a strange issue using the update mode to build a custom xci...everything looks like it should until it starts generating the xci. It begins “appending nca” but the file always ends up being 2-3 times bigger than it should be. It never gets to 100% but gives me a massive file in NSCB_output. I’m in the process of trying again with 8.2 and default settings but I’m already seeing 40GB I’ll edit my comment and post the error when it comes back up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 324
Last edited by Alchemy_Gaming,

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@Alchemy_Gaming
I think i have that error corrected among others for the next version. It'll should be up trough the following days, though the multimode from the beta updates files so you can use that.
@markmcrobie
That error is normal, it means it means when decrypting the nca header the result is not correct, basically it can't see NCA3 or NCA2 in the header which are the header magics used till date so either the magic changed to NCA4 or the header is messed up. The nca header should use the header key so if it's working for other files the key should be fine.
Either way something weird is happening there since the titleid that it's being detected for the xci is the update one, so that means it's not detecting the base game there in either of those files.
Edit: The update magic for minecraft is NCA3 and it's read fine so i bet the issue is with the base.

Last edited by JRoad,

Alchemy_Gaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Alchemy_Gaming
I think i have that error corrected among others for the next version. It'll should be up trough the following days, though the multimode from the beta updates files so you can use that.

Thanks! I'll wait patiently :) I tried the multi-mode and got an invalid argument/failed to execute squirrel error. My xci conversions are still working fine just having issues building with updates. I'll live with that until I can try the new release. Thanks again for all your hard work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the OP made a couple vocaloid characters, and the post had the caption "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: they're from vocaloid"
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    to which I responded:
    "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: it's uremum"
    +1
    I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some awesome pranks but I'm afraid to test them lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some...