Homebrew RELEASE NS-USBloader - another one Tinfoil and GoldLeaf USB installer

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tell me please your macOS version (is it Mojave?), which USB cable you use (I use type-C to USB 2, I mean not USB3 in the PC end) and give me output log for this:
https://github.com/developersu/ns-usbloader/releases/tag/v0.2.3-DEV

Thanks!
I'm still using High Sierra, my old MBA won't support any higher. It has USB 2 ports, not USB 3. The cable is a swanky Anker with USB C at the Switch end and the old USB 2 at the other.

Files to upload:
/Volumes/GoogleDrive/My Drive/Stash/cdn/base/Awesome Pea [0100B8C00CFCE000][v0].nsp
[ INFO ] Start chain
[ PASS ] libusb initialization
[ PASS ] Get device list
[ PASS ] Read file descriptors for USB devices
[ PASS ] NS in connected USB devices found
[ PASS ] Open NS USB device
[ INFO ] Free device list
[ WARN ] libusb doesn't supports function 'CAP_SUPPORTS_DETACH_KERNEL_DRIVER'. Proceeding.
[ PASS ] Reset device
[ PASS ] Set active configuration to device.
[ PASS ] DBG: getActiveConfigDescriptor
Configuration Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 2
wTotalLength 32
bNumInterfaces 1
bConfigurationValue 1
iConfiguration 0
bmAttributes 0xc0
Self Powered
bMaxPower 500mA
extralen 0
extra:

Interface:
numAltsetting 1
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 0
bAlternateSetting 0
bNumEndpoints 2
bInterfaceClass 255 Vendor-specific
bInterfaceSubClass 255
bInterfaceProtocol 255
iInterface 0
extralen 0
extra:

Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
bmAttributes 2
Transfer Type Bulk
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 512
bInterval 0
extralen 0
extra:

Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x01 EP 1 OUT
bmAttributes 2
Transfer Type Bulk
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 512
bInterval 0
extralen 0
extra:

[ FAIL ] Claim interface
Returned: -99
[ WARN ] Release interface
Returned: -5 (sometimes it's not an issue)
[ INFO ] Requested handler close
[ INFO ] Requested context close

Thanks!

Reactions: developer_su
D

Deleted User

I give this a spin when I get home thanks for your hard work. I use fluffy with OG Tinfoil so this should just work as is.

D

Deleted User

Things to note. Can this handle long file names and accents in the title of the nsp as well as special characters?

developer_su

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Things to note. Can this handle long file names and accents in the title of the nsp as well as special characters?
Yes. Both TinFoil and GoldLeaf supports UTF-8 names. TinFoil can't render, but can accept them as I know. At least I checked it for Cyrillic, Japanese and Chinese simplified NSP file names. (Not sure that I went to step where it actually installing NSP.. but I think we should be good with it.)

Last edited by developer_su,
Reactions: Deleted User

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

StuBFrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have only just setup my Switch using the guide as SDSetup and wanted to use this program to upload some games. The version of Tinfoil I have only seem to allow one NSP to be uploaded at a time even though I have selected several, and I can't find the version of Tinfoil mentioned (by Adubbz). Where can I get the correct version of Tinfoil from?

Thanks

developer_su

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have only just setup my Switch using the guide as SDSetup and wanted to use this program to upload some games. The version of Tinfoil I have only seem to allow one NSP to be uploaded at a time even though I have selected several, and I can't find the version of Tinfoil mentioned (by Adubbz). Where can I get the correct version of Tinfoil from?

Thanks
This is the version I've been using I think, and it's been working perfectly for me with aluminumfoil and has just worked well with ns-usbloader too. There's a particular build of tinfoil from the buildbot that some people recommend as well, but I don't know which one, so try this for now.

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the version I've been using I think, and it's been working perfectly for me with aluminumfoil and has just worked well with ns-usbloader too. There's a particular build of tinfoil from the buildbot that some people recommend as well, but I don't know which one, so try this for now.

I tried probably 5 or 6 different builds from Lavatech and none of them worked at all. Fwiw SatelliteSeeker's build works perfectly for me. The only difference is the readbuffer size (1mb instead of 8mb) which makes me wonder if certain usb chipsets act stupid with that large of a transfer chunk.

Reactions: hippy dave

developer_su

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The only difference is the readbuffer size (1mb instead of 8mb) which makes me wonder if certain usb chipsets act stupid with that large of a transfer chunk.
NS USB input and/or output endpoint supports 512 bytes maximum (per packet). Bulk transfer (that is used) in both cases could be any.. 1mb, 8mb, 4gb. Libusb will split it, pack and transfer.

bowserbaloo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, got a little problem with this. Switch screen just hangs on 'Waiting for USB to be ready', and USB loader says it failed to open NS USB device (see pic).
What am I missing?
Capture.JPG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn