China
it is that time of the year boys...

egl7Z.jpg

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Advanced Warfare is the first CoD in a decade that looks like it will actually be trying something new, so I'm excited for it. As was pointed out, it is looking a bit more like Halo than CoD at this point, but a new direction for an old series is never a bad thing.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
I don't understand all the negativity towards it. People just like to hate things I suppose... The only CoD I have not really liked so far is Ghosts. If you are halfway competent at it then it can be enjoyable. Unless you are in a lobby with morons exploiting all the op weapons etc. And the CoD community is a very aggressive and annoying one.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand all the negativity towards it. People just like to hate things I suppose... The only CoD I have not really liked so far is Ghosts. If you are halfway competent at it then it can be enjoyable. Unless you are in a lobby with morons exploiting all the op weapons etc. And the CoD community is a very aggressive and annoying one.

It's probably because CoD used to be a good series back around CoD3, and then it devolved into some pokemon yearly bullshit that was so samey and boring it was very difficult to find it actually interesting.

They are however finally doing something new, so while i'm not excited in the least, I am a bit interested to see what it'll be like. I wouldn't mind a more Halo-ish CoD that actually comes out on PC, though waiting for Craptivision to drop the game to a more reasonable price is always a fun time.

oh and to address part of your other post...being halfway competent basically means you just picked up CoD and it's your first shooter ever. CoD games are so pathetically easy to be good at, it drives a lot of FPS fans away BECAUSE there's no depth to the gunplay. The reason it appeals to so many people (read: dudebros) is because it's a very simple game to pick up, play, be good and have fun with. It always feels good being good. CoD just lowers the bar...a lot, so anyone can join in, be good and have fun.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just edited your title for you so people would know what the hecky this was about.
I'm pretty neutral on the game, the last good experience I had with Call of Duty was black ops, so i'll probably wait awhile before getting to excited for this one.

Reactions: R4Liam

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
It's probably because CoD used to be a good series back around CoD3, and then it devolved into some pokemon yearly bullshit that was so samey and boring it was very difficult to find it actually interesting.

They are however finally doing something new, so while i'm not excited in the least, I am a bit interested to see what it'll be like. I wouldn't mind a more Halo-ish CoD that actually comes out on PC, though waiting for Craptivision to drop the game to a more reasonable price is always a fun time.

oh and to address part of your other post...being halfway competent basically means you just picked up CoD and it's your first shooter ever. CoD games are so pathetically easy to be good at, it drives a lot of FPS fans away BECAUSE there's no depth to the gunplay. The reason it appeals to so many people (read: dudebros) is because it's a very simple game to pick up, play, be good and have fun with. It always feels good being good. CoD just lowers the bar...a lot, so anyone can join in, be good and have fun.

The general consensus for CoD3 was that it was really bad. For the yearly output of the games, I think it's nice to have a consistent thing to look forward to. However I'd prefer them to take longer to produce something better which is what they did with AW.

This is why I'm hyped, because they are finally adding new things and giving it a bit more depth. It might just kill CoD for good, but it might surprise us. I have always said to my friends 'I wish hey made a game with lasers' :) There is a difference to being halfway decent and really good at it I just didn't want to offend people who have a grudge against it because of how frustrating it can be. There are more things that come into play than you are giving credit, especially if you're up against good players. CoD is always a good way to let off steam because you can just slaughter people and feel good about yourself. There is nothing wrong with simplicity, hence Pokemon is so popular. Life can be tough enough and when you come home to wind down after a hard day, calling in a chopper gunner is all you need :D

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Good for you.

I still can't get how there's morons on Facebook saying that CoD recreates real life wars, yeah 'cause if you get hit with bullets whether in your face or body and then hide away you'll totally hear after a few seconds. The blood in CoD games is just like spray, and once the enemy's dead that's it no more blood either.

IGN made a rap/rant video three years ago which includes this criticism.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just started it, was shocked to see kevin spacey in it. you know things are not good when the start putting those kind of things in their game. they should let the name die out instead of rinse and repeat with knobs on............................sudeki300

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I agree. 100%.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair cod4 was a pretty good game.
Then came the rehashes and recycled content every year.
They were just trying to rely on the success of cod4 with doing the least amount of work they could get away with to call it a new game. They know people will blindly buy a new cod game without question. Cod:aw does look like they are making an effort again.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The general consensus for CoD3 was that it was really bad. For the yearly output of the games, I think it's nice to have a consistent thing to look forward to. However I'd prefer them to take longer to produce something better which is what they did with AW.

This is why I'm hyped, because they are finally adding new things and giving it a bit more depth. It might just kill CoD for good, but it might surprise us. I have always said to my friends 'I wish hey made a game with lasers' :) There is a difference to being halfway decent and really good at it I just didn't want to offend people who have a grudge against it because of how frustrating it can be. There are more things that come into play than you are giving credit, especially if you're up against good players. CoD is always a good way to let off steam because you can just slaughter people and feel good about yourself. There is nothing wrong with simplicity, hence Pokemon is so popular. Life can be tough enough and when you come home to wind down after a hard day, calling in a chopper gunner is all you need :D

Uh lol the general consensus is that CoD3 was the last really good game in the series. It's well reviewed as well. Not that it matters really, but yeah I think you're talking about the general consensus of todays 12 year olds...which I don't consider valid tbh.

Anyway that's pretty much why i'm even keeping an eye on AW. I'm super curious to see just how far they've ventured out of familiar territory. Will it just be the same old same old with lazurs and space dogs? or will they actually try something new and take a risk. Should be interesting.

Also there really is no "being good" at CoD. All guns shoot straight, all guns have basically no recoil, etc. Being "good" basically equates to knowing the maps and where you're most likely going to get blown away by a camper. That's really about it. That's not really a bad thing at all, buut like I said that's basically where a lot of the hate comes from. It's an incredibly simplistic shooter with no real depth to the gunplay. Fine if you just want a casual romp around a battlefield, not so much if you're looking for skill-based gunplay. It's all about preferences.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Uh lol the general consensus is that CoD3 was the last really good game in the series.

I thought it was CoD4 that was the last great CoD game of the series, sure the gameplay's more or less the same as it is now but in terms of detailing Russia's ghost town they did an incredibly detailed job and it felt very rewarding playing the story mode.

As for MW2, I sorta played the story mode until a certain stage (the one with snow) but then moved to the online mode and months later never touched it again. Just not as good.

MW2's airport stage was frankly pretty awesome.:lol:

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking forward to this game until they announced there would be no release for the Wii U. I'll play it on PS3 cfw but wont like it.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Playing it now, it's pretty fun so far. The exo-suits add a nice selection of what are essentially "perks" like a portable riot shield, an assault drone and other such things, and so far the single player campaign isn't as shit as the previous games (though I suppose that's not too difficult :P). Textures look fine to me, nothing super fancy but nothing super terrible either. No complaints so far, and other than some audio sync issues during cutscenes I see no real flaws with the game.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
I am in love with this game. I thought I would be like 'eh, it's too similar to Black Ops 2' and that it would be mediocre. I have never had so much excitement playing a CoD game since CoD4. I sort of went back to my 17 year old self, felt like I was playing for the first time :) Will it stay fresh? Only time will tell.

BTW does anyone have it for Steam?

My Steam: liam-_-fitz

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uh lol the general consensus is that CoD3 was the last really good game in the series. It's well reviewed as well. Not that it matters really, but yeah I think you're talking about the general consensus of todays 12 year olds...which I don't consider valid tbh.
CoD3 is not considered to be a good game. It is bad. Just bad. A done to death story, blah gameplay, boring environments, just not good, not then, especially not now. CoD4 is considered to be the line where the series peaked, only going downhill from that point forward. A good story, great multiplayer, lots of fun all around. It feels pretty dated now being fairly simplistic compared to the guns, perks, rankings, customization, etc., of more recent CoD games, but it was leaps and bounds better than previous CoD games, especially CoD3, the first, but not talked about CoD entry into what was next gen back in 2006.

Just about the only people who think CoD3 is actually good are people dead set against liking anything with Modern Warfare in the title. Even if CoD3 was considered good on release, that was only because leaving the WW2 comfort zone was still considered a bad idea, so people praised anything that stuck to the same boring formula, regardless of where it fell short. Even then, Treyarch still went back to WW2 in CoD5, and that game got a collective "meh" with its only redeeming feature being the zombies mode, which is one of the only reasons anybody bought the game.

Though, speaking of CoD4 as the peak, I'd say MW2 is actually the true peak. It's a point where the multiplayer felt really fleshed out for the first time, and it left a far better taste in the mouth than Treyarch titles. Plus, after MW2 is when people collectively started whining about the CoD release schedule, the developer shifting, the lack of changes in online play, etc.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
For Kevin Spacey, Titanfall-ish gameplay and the story I'll certainly be getting this game around 2015/16 (by such when I'll purchase a PS4).

I saw that "press [button] to pay respects" and that's kinda disrespectful actually so I'd rather just not QTE a moment like this.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
For Kevin Spacey, Titanfall-ish gameplay and the story I'll certainly be getting this game around 2015/16 (by such when I'll purchase a PS4).

I saw that "press [button] to pay respects" and that's kinda disrespectful actually so I'd rather just not QTE a moment like this.

It's not a QTE, there's no timing whatsoever with the prompt. It's a simple "press this button whenever the fuck you want" moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-