Hacking Noobie can't decide... help!

no.postage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before you read anything else, please realize that I am too much of a noob to follow the guides listed as stickies. I just need simple advise; as in "get this and get it here"
- Thanks for understanding

I have the Nintendo DS Lite (not DSi) and I am just getting into Flashing. There are just sooo many choices and sooo many places where you can buy them. There are so many brands, and it seems like each brand has multiple packages (thinking of R4 clones here).

I am just looking for something for DS Lite that is
- Cheap
- Reliable (as far as quality of the card, and support for games)
- Fast
- Easy to use
- (and as a bonus, would play GBA games too)

So the short of it is this, I'm really new to this scene and I don't have much time to get acquainted with all the names, parameters, and other factors.

Please just let me know what to buy and where to buy it... I need some expert advise
lecture.gif

THANKS!!!
smile.gif

Mages4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Somehow I don't think you can put cheap and GBA in the same category.
If you want GBA, then wait for the SuperCard DSTwo.
If you want compatibility and stuff, then Acekard 2i.

no.postage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see...
Well, GBA games are important to me so I think I will spend a little extra for a DSTwo.

I pre-ordered it with www.mygamingmart.com for about $45 USD (including shipping)

Is that a good seller and a good price?

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
Why are people suggesting getting a SCTWO when he has a DS Lite? The main reason Supercard is adding GBA emulation is because the DSi lacks slot 2, if you want something cheap & good get a Acekard 2i, and if you want GBA buy a EZ 3in1. The AK kernel has native 3in1 support.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Flamingo has a good point. An acekard2i and 3in1 together still costs a little less than a SCTWO, provides great compatibility and can even work nicely with DSLinux and other things that require the slot-2 (although I dunno if the same could be held about the SCTWO and other higher end cards, so it could end up being a larger hassle with the combo)

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
no.postage said:
Ah, I see...
Well, GBA games are important to me so I think I will spend a little extra for a DSTwo.

I pre-ordered it with www.mygamingmart.com for about $45 USD (including shipping)

Is that a good seller and a good price?
why dont you just buy from ShopTemp? I never heard that retailer before, maybe that retailer is selling fakes?

no.postage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I already paid for it so hopefully its not a fake... I'll post pics once I get it and you guys can be the judge.

I used PayPal so I'll dispute it if I have to

nycsam786

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well he did ask where he should order whatever you suggest for him and you guys did not mention Shoptemp early enough as he already places his order.

no.postage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
No one reads my threads T.T

Delta, I read your sticky thread. I just needed advise that was more simple (and yes I get that you already simplified it a great deal)

Thanks for your work.

no.postage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Keep in mind that the Supercard DS TWO might be a long ways off. People are hopeful for late April while some people predict as late as the end of May for its release. Can you wait that long?

Also, I think it isn't the wisest idea to get a Supercard DS TWO if you have a DS Lite. The Supercard DS TWO emulates GBA and we aren't sure if compatibility is fantastic yet. The reason we're excited about the Supercard DS TWO is because it is the only way to play GBA on a DSi (asides from iPlayer and EX4i). With the DS Lite, you have slot 2, which gives you MUCH more flexibility.

I think you'd be happier with an AceKard 2i and an EZ Flash 3 in 1 Expansion Pack. It would give you pretty much everything you want, at a price slightly cheaper than the DS TWO, and it is widely available right now.

I can wait till May, also who knows... I might want a dsi or XL one of those days
+ Like I wrote, I already ordered DS TWO so I think I'm screwed as far as choices go at this point X_X

Oh well..... I hope DSTWO will work out for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...