Country
Germany

GrimDim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have the same and was able to be remove a chip with similar settings (airflow was slightly higher). Which nozzle are you using on the gun? How long were you heating the chip until you gave up?
I usually heat the surrounding board first from a little further away and then close in on the chip (2-3mm away). If the chip doesn't move I would increase temperature, these stations are probably highly inaccurate in their reading anyway.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually I just remembered, that chip already had leaded solder on it, so an unleaded one might indeed require a higher temp.

Patapon3321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have the same and was able to be remove a chip with similar settings (airflow was slightly higher). Which nozzle are you using on the gun? How long were you heating the chip until you gave up?
I usually heat the surrounding board first from a little further away and then close in on the chip (2-3mm away). If the chip doesn't move I would increase temperature, these stations are probably highly inaccurate in their reading anyway.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually I just remembered, that chip already had leaded solder on it, so an unleaded one might indeed require a higher temp.

I did the same with the around of board heading (prehead) and after this I get closer and closer to the P13USb IC. Max 5min I hold the airgun and make circle close to the IC but breaked up because something steamed. I think and HOPE that was the flux or capton tape
I use the smallest nozzel what i got. 5-6mm diameter

GrimDim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes the flux will start smoking / evaporate. I would progressively turn up the heat until the chip comes off, not much else you can do. Temperature readings are not reliable between stations so you just need to find what settings work for your machine.

Reactions: Patapon3321

Patapon3321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have and yeah I did it, thanks.
Im just lazy to install the new chip now.
The switch works perfectly. Ofcourse no TV-mode yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo