Homebrew Noob Help

Custhasno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is the correct thread but I'm looking for some advice on a non conventional install.

I have a new 2ds (v11.4) and a second hand 2ds which I believe has CFW v6.0.0 (it loads with a 3ds splash screen). I don't have the SD card with the 2nd hand 2ds and am curious what steps or guides would cover sorting the softmod on the 2nds hand 2ds so it can be used to transfer to the new 2ds? I've read a few guides but all assume the source ds has the relevant files on the SD. I'm not sure if I start the mod on the source DS from the beginning or some midway point it it already has CFW?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: Custhasno

Custhasno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It had no SD card when it arrived. I only suspected it had been modded as it's 2ds but loads with a 3ds splash screen. If it is without its SD card and has been factory reset when shipped do I just treat it like it's stock v6.0

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It had no SD card when it arrived. I only suspected it had been modded as it's 2ds but loads with a 3ds splash screen. If it is without its SD card and has been factory reset when shipped do I just treat it like it's stock v6.0
When you say 3DS splash screen, so you mean the one with the red waves and it says Nintendo 3DS? If so, that's normal. A 2DS is the same as a 3DS just without 3D functionality. Sounds like it isn't modded. Just start https://3ds.guide from the beginning.

Reactions: Custhasno

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1