• Start date
  • Views 20,563
  • Replies 55

Noogie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's a few things up with your guide, but my PSP 3000 is currently installing 5.03 so I guess that's fine. 6.20 TN Hen-C seemed to be spoofing the firmware version automatically, at least as soon as I'd done the version.txt part.

Well, downgrade just finished, looks like you don't owe me a new PSP. ;D

C

croagunk.master

OP
Noogie said:
There's a few things up with your guide, but my PSP 3000 is currently installing 5.03 so I guess that's fine. 6.20 TN Hen-C seemed to be spoofing the firmware version automatically, at least as soon as I'd done the version.txt part.

Thanks for the input! I'll edit the guide in a bit.

EDIT: Can you check if you had Fake Index.dat already enabled? Because I looked up the changelog and I didn't find anything related to auto spoofing.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Just get rid of it entirely and state what type of PSP you SHOULDN'T use this guide on, since that's the issue you're skirting around.

C

croagunk.master

OP
xist said:
Just get rid of it entirely and state what type of PSP you SHOULDN'T use this guide on, since that's the issue you're skirting around.

Thanks. It's a rather good idea. I'll edit the guide in the morning as I'm dead tired atm.

Noogie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
croagunk.master said:
Noogie said:

EDIT: Can you check if you had Fake Index.dat already enabled? Because I looked up the changelog and I didn't find anything related to auto spoofing.
I've been fiddling about in 5.03 for a bit and can't remember what it said exactly. I know it didn't say "spoof" exactly, but I remember doing the steps upto that, seeing a similar menu item, shrugging and moving onto the next step of the process. Sorry I can't be much help, thanks though.

C

croagunk.master

OP
Noogie said:
croagunk.master said:
Noogie said:

I've been fiddling about in 5.03 for a bit and can't remember what it said exactly. I know it didn't say "spoof" exactly, but I remember doing the steps upto that, seeing a similar menu item, shrugging and moving onto the next step of the process. Sorry I can't be much help, thanks though.

Nah, no probs. At least it worked for you. Also, are you going to use the CFW guide?

C

croagunk.master

OP
Jolan said:
Add another Step saying you can Delete ChickHEN, 5.03 GEN-C and 5.03 Prometheus from your memory stick after you've switched to the signed exploit.

But if you delete Prometheus and 5.03 GEN-C, what will the exploit load?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's been so long that this 5.03 was classed as "news" but Jolan is bang on the money. I still remember all the issues with the issues caused by CFE and GEN installations.

Noogie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I'm going through it again because I'm an idiot.

QUOTE said:
8)Disconnect your psp, make sure that you’re in 6.20 TN Hen-B and press select to bring up the VSH menu. Go to “Fake Index.dat” and change it to “enabled”. Next, select “restart vsh”
Now that I have it in front of me, does this refer to "SPOOF VERSION ENABLED/DISABLED". Turns out that WAS what I was looking at. Seems the only similar VSH menu option in 6.20 TN Hen-C.

Probably refers to this in the TN Hen-C changelog
QUOTERemoved FAKE INDEX.DAT from VSHMenu, but feature is still effective (move version.txt to X:/seplugins/).

C

croagunk.master

OP
Noogie said:

QUOTE said:
8)Disconnect your psp, make sure that you’re in 6.20 TN Hen-B and press select to bring up the VSH menu. Go to “Fake Index.dat” and change it to “enabled”. Next, select “restart vsh”
Now that I have it in front of me, does this refer to "SPOOF VERSION ENABLED/DISABLED". Turns out that WAS what I was looking at. Seems the only similar VSH menu option in 6.20 TN Hen-C.

QUOTERemoved FAKE INDEX.DAT from VSHMenu, but feature is still effective (move version.txt to X:/seplugins/).

Ah, thanks dude. Looks like I overlooked it. I'll edit the guide in a bit with the instructions for TN-C.
P.S. Did you use the CFW guide?

Noogie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
croagunk.master said:
Noogie said:

QUOTE said:

Ah, thanks dude. Looks like I overlooked it. I'll edit the guide in a bit with the instructions for TN-C.
I used your guide for the first run through, then I updated again to 6.20 for the new plugins and then realised my PS1 backup eboots wouldn't work in it, and I've just gone back to 5.03 referencing your guide again. Substituting that bit before as before, just figured this time I'd take the time to see what the shit I was looking at and let you know for completeness.
happy.gif

Again, thanks for the guide.
smile.gif

C

croagunk.master

OP
Noogie said:
croagunk.master said:
Noogie said:

QUOTE said:

I used your guide for the first run through, then I updated again to 6.20 for the new plugins and then realised my PS1 backup eboots wouldn't work in it, and I've just gone back to 5.03 referencing your guide again. Substituting that bit before as before, just figured this time I'd take the time to see what the shit I was looking at and let you know for completeness.
happy.gif

Again, thanks for the guide.
smile.gif

Your welcome. Glad it worked for you and thanks for taking the time to improve my guide
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Someone has to delete Leo's thread to make him angry +2