Question about downgrading Firmware from 6.60 to 6.20

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Zalen, Aug 22, 2012.

Aug 22, 2012
    • Newcomer

Zalen New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Hello, first off, let me apologize if this has been asked many times before. With that said, let me get into my question.

Although I'm extremely late to the party, I recently purchased a PSP, as I was bored with my other handhelds.
    I've used GBAtemp before to homebrew my Wii, so naturally this was the first place I decided to check on how to jailbreak my PSP.

I found this guide: http://gbatemp.net/topic/291169-hack-every-psp-up-to-firmware-660/ and it seems to be reliable and detailed.
    However, I couldn't find whether or not it was possible to downgrade the 6.60 firmware to 6.20 so I could use 6.20 PRO as opposed to 6.35 or 6.39. (I want to have it permanently instead of re-doing it everytime I boot the PSP).

My PSP's Model is 1001
    And I'm currently running the 6.60 firmware.

So, am I able to downgrade from 6.60 to 6.20 using the downgrader used in the guide?

Again, I'm sorry if this has been asked before.
    Thanks!

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    You don't need to downgrade a 1000 from 6.60 to run a permanent CFW. Install 6.60 PRO and run the cIPL installer and it gives you what you want.
    • Reporter

Tom Bombadildo IF ONLY I COULD BE SO GROSSLY INCANDESCENT

Message Count:
    United States
    • Newcomer

Vaze New Member

Message Count:
    Indonesia
    tbh it's quite lucky for you to be able to buy a 1001 at this time :O

mine is also a 1001, and you don't need to downgrade it, just install 6.60 Pro (either B10 or C),
    after the installation completed, run the CIPLFlasher, and voila, you have the permanent one :D

anyways, the only downside of 1001 is, it can't use the Prometheus Online from Pro-C .___.
    • Newcomer

Zalen New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Thanks for the information guys. I was successfully able to jailbreak my PSP and thanks to your answers, it's permanent!

EDIT - Would one of you happen to know if there is a guide detailing things like, Installing Custom Theme's or Emulators and ISO's?

SPONSORED LINKS