Hardware noise from dvd-rom

Bruinbaard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mine makes noise too at like every game for a while, it's a launch day wii, first gen. There is another topic where a guy says launch day wiis have bad lasers... So i might have to get the chip out

Bruinbaard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i might get the chip out and sent it to nintendo they won't look farther than the laser since there are more problems with the laser even with people who didn't chip their wii.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
read somewhere I dont know where though if you hit it on the right side hard (not like breaking it), he got it fixed.

I don't recommend it but I should rather take the chip out and get a replacement.

Also, svantove, in Sweden we guys are ALLOWED to chip our machines even if M$ etc. say "NO YOU CANT"... well welcome to sweden and show your "own international laws up your ass" =)... so take it out, call Nintendo, play the Wii for them in the phone, get a new one. Put the chip in it, enjoy =)

Bruinbaard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well nintendo isn't that strict and maybe they don't look farther than the laser. Since it's possible to quitte make it look like an unopened wii.

jdp72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well nintendo isn't that strict and maybe they don't look farther than the laser. Since it's possible to quitte make it look like an unopened wii.

I would think they would replace the whole CD ROM assembly, which I would probably end up with a D2C or something in return... which then I would have a useless Wiikey.

I think if I just replace the laser I'll be fine, but no one seems to know how to do it...

Bruinbaard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
in the thread "replacement laser''someone did it and explains how to. It's not so much more work then replace the whole driver so i think they just replace the laser

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ