Status
Not open for further replies.

EAGLE-1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I heard those boards were updated in the factory. You only need to solder it on.
yes they comes updated
Post automatically merged:

Is your CMD resistor alive? I remember readinv.that ourple screen usually was related to a damaged/shorted CMD resistor. If I recall well, it should be a 4.7kOhm resistor.
we already change the resistor and now console wont turn on at all,dont know what can do

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes they comes updated

we already change the resistor and now console wont turn on at all,dont know what can do
Hmm, sorry to hear that, I'm out of ideas, but would still give a check for capacitor shorts around the power ICs, like MAX nearby the APU.

We got a blue one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004422306810.html

1684499377344.png

Reactions: josete2k

RedMilan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belize
from USD 10 to USD 15
Where do you get these prices? i only see 20-25$ with free shipping.

Also what are the differences with Lite/Oled/Core? I tought these were compatible with all models, only the ribbon cable is different? I installed a instinct-nx with the oled CPU Flex and flywires on a switch Lite no problems.

Last edited by RedMilan,

tootallnate

Developer
Developer
Trophies
Website
n8.io
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone actually able to get these shipped to US? I can't seem to buy because Aliexpress is saying that the seller won't ship to my address.

nghia4007

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Where do you get these prices? i only see 20-25$ with free shipping.

Also what are the differences with Lite/Oled/Core? I tought these were compatible with all models, only the ribbon cable is different? I installed a instinct-nx with the oled CPU Flex and flywires no problems.
probably from a China local website, I got mine from a nearby country for 15$ include agent fee

Reactions: liumin

blackheartme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Any updates on this? I am told that the picofly is less reliable and more prone to breaking than hwfly.
hear from where? the HWFLY seller and installer?, ofcourse theyre saying that because the invest alot to import HWFLY which is now stuck in their stock.

prone to breaking is due AMATEUR BEGINNER SOLDERER trying to instal it in the first place, its already stable enough so far with so many features like original HWFLY, 1-3 second boot time.

last time also happened during first time HWFLY chip emerge, they say SX CORE superior , HWFLY inferior ETC.

now they try to make HWFLY Rp2040 version for cheaper price than the original HWFLY to enter new era

Reactions: Phantomas77

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How much for rp2040? 10/15 dolars? In my Country i can buy rp2040 zero withouth flex. For 7 dolars. Same chip, with newest fw. I have installed in my switch lite. Work withouth problem.

Protostoppo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hi, I bought this and asked the seller for guidance on installation, only the video link and also the drive link with firmware and various guides seem to be out of date with the new chip. I ask you, is the installation the exact same? or, as in the video guides I've seen with the original rp2040, is there more soldering to be done? thanks

Immagine 2023-05-26 164851.png

spiritofjerry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I bought this and asked the seller for guidance on installation, only the video link and also the drive link with firmware and various guides seem to be out of date with the new chip. I ask you, is the installation the exact same? or, as in the video guides I've seen with the original rp2040, is there more soldering to be done? thanks

View attachment 374013
I have the same exact question as you.

1. Where is the firmware for this chip? How is it flashed? What version is installed?
2. Do you need to desolder the boot/reset buttons?
3. Anything else to be aware of when installing?

I think this looks like a nice alternative to HWFly, especially at the price.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
A clone of a clone of a clone made by the team behind the original clone. I suppose I should have seen this coming, when somebody figured out how to make a clone cheaper than the original cloners they had to follow suit in order to stay competitive. The old custom hardware was never going to stay viable.
Well, the competition is good for the consumers. Using an off the shelf RP2040 board is neat, but doesn't make for the most practical or easy install. Chinese manufacturers are better equipped to mass produce a tailor made solution and sell it cheaper than anyone else could.
Maybe I should look into how difficult installing one of these things is. I already hacked 2 of my family members' Switches, but have a third who would like theirs hacked but has a patched Switch.

Protostoppo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

1. Where is the firmware for this chip? How is it flashed? What version is installed?

Actually it is still to come, maybe mid-June. According to the dealer, it should already be flashed with the latest firmware.
Since there is still time I was trying to gather as much information as possible on its installation as the guides I found only cover the rp2040, not this adapted model. But so far both the seller and here on this forum have given me answers. So I'm still waiting for someone who can tell me what needs to be soldered to what

cherup

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

This is identically to the RP2040 - and can be flashed via USB with the same firmware.
You do not need to desolder anything.
Installing like all other chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...