No More Heroes (U) PAL fix hack

grant666uk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well just back from work and my copy had downloaded. Ran the PPf patch and its working perfect. Going to keep a hold of the Iso just incase someone gets it working in 480p.

Skyzoboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
jalaneme said:
Skyzoboy said:
EDIT : support of 480p already (full reactivity !) : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=765...t&p=1014278

problem is we don't know how to work it or use it, i've tried asking them how but get ignored, i'm happy with 60hertz anyway.

1. Open the ISO with Tricha
2. Extract main.dol from second partition
3. Drag on the main.dol in the executable of Wii Video Mode Changer
4. DOS terminal appear and ask you to choose video type you want
5. For 480p, choose PAL60 progressive then Enter (EDITED, option number wasn't correct)
6. Replace the modified main.dol on the iso
7. Sign in the partition
8. Burn and enjoy

It worked for me, thanks again to community !
grog.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Skyzoboy said:
jalaneme said:
Skyzoboy said:
EDIT : support of 480p already (full reactivity !) : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=765...t&p=1014278

problem is we don't know how to work it or use it, i've tried asking them how but get ignored, i'm happy with 60hertz anyway.

1. Open the ISO with Tricha
2. Extract main.dol from second partition
3. Drag on the main.dol in the executable of Wii Video Mode Changer
4. DOS terminal appear and ask you to choose video type you want
5. For 480p, choose "6" than Enter
6. Replace the modified main.dol on the iso
7. Sign in the partition
8. Burn and enjoy

It worked for me, thanks again to community !
grog.gif
Can anyone confirm this allows the game to run perfectly in 480p (widescreen too) in conjunction with the PPF PAL patch before I waste a DVD-R?
grog.gif

Skyzoboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
shonosuke said:
480p doesnt work for me but 60hz (480i) does work

With PPF patch then video changer ?

For my part, I take the original ISO (when I modify iso, I backup it) ... not trimmed by wiiscrubbler too !

Widescreen 480p and ... in French (sub) !
smile.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
shaunj66 said:
Can anyone confirm this allows the game to run perfectly in 480p (widescreen too) in conjunction with the PPF PAL patch before I waste a DVD-R?
grog.gif

please don't waste blank dvdr's there is no 480p support with this hack or any other hack, i select 480p by default on my Wii and just got a blank screen, game wouldn't even load.

kovach

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.bagra.org
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Skyzoboy said:
1. Open the ISO with Trucha
2. Extract main.dol from second partition (leave Trucha open for later)
3. Drag and drop the extracted main.dol over the executable of Wii Video Mode Changer (wii-vmc.exe)
4. DOS terminal appears and asks you to choose the video type you want
5. For 480p, choose "PAL60 Progressive" than Enter
6. Replace the modified main.dol with Trucha
7. Right click and Trucha Sign both partitions
8. Burn and enjoy

These instructions worked for me too, the only difference being that I used Video Mode Changer 1.0 and the option I selected was 3. (PAL60 Progressive)
Now I don't really have a way of confirming 100% that it's 480p because my TV doesn't say what mode the component is running on, but it looks pretty good to me, and it's widescreen.

Note to avoid any confusion: I didn't use any PPF patch, only did the above instructions (modified them a bit to make them clearer).

kovach

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.bagra.org
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
OK, here is a step by step tutorial on obtaining Trucha Signer and modifying the No More Heroes USA iso to work on PAL with 480p:

1. Download Trucha Signer from here
2. Extract the rar file into a new folder, open that folder, double-click on wiikeyset.reg, click Yes then OK
3. Double-click on trucha.exe
4. Click "Select KeySet" in the menu and then click "Custom KeySet 1"
5. Click "Image" -> "Open ISO"
6. Navigate and find the ISO file and click Open (this is only tested with a clean/non-scrubbed iso from release #0522)
7. It should say "Image opened successfully". Click OK
8. Double-click on DISC (RNHE41) then on PARTITION (RNHE41) - the second one, then on SYSFILES
9. Right click on "main.dol" and click "Extract to file", select Desktop and click OK
10. Download Wii Video Mode Changer 1.0 from here
11. Extract wii-vmc_1.0.zip to a folder somewhere, open that folder
12. Now find "main.dol" on your desktop, grab it with the mouse and drag it over the wii-vmc.exe icon in the folder from the previous step
13. A DOS box will popup, type in 3 (The option you want is PAL60 (progressive) (PAL 480p), if you want another video mode then type in that number)
14. After the DOS box closes, restore the Trucha Signer window that you minimized earlier, right click again on the same "main.dol" file and click "Replace"
15. Navigate to your Desktop, click the "main.dol" file and click Open
16. Right click on PARTITION (RELSAB) and click "Trucha Sign It!"
17. Right click on PARTITION (RNHE41) and click "Trucha Sign It!"
18. Close Trucha Signer and patch your ISO with RegionFrii to PAL region
18. That's it, you're done! Burn your ISO file with your favorite burning program (I use ImgBurn) and enjoy this excellent game.

It can't get any simpler than that folks...

Inpression

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kovach said:
OK, here is a step by step tutorial on obtaining Trucha Signer and modifying the No More Heroes USA iso to work on PAL with 480p:

So, should I do this before or after the PAL hack?

Trophies
XP
Country
So i Have read everything in this forum and still confused (ie im a noob at this) so i have No.More.Heroes-USA-WII i also have nmh-patch.ppf and ppfmatic3

so in ppfmatic3 i apply the patch then when it is done i just burn the iso then insert into my PAL wii with wiikey and it should work???

Cheers

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
243481 said:
So i Have read everything in this forum and still confused (ie im a noob at this) so i have No.More.Heroes-USA-WII i also have nmh-patch.ppf and ppfmatic3

so in ppfmatic3 i apply the patch then when it is done i just burn the iso then insert into my PAL wii with wiikey and it should work???

Cheers

well for manhunt 2 i download the ppf and the pgmatic 3. load ppfmatic up, select ISO and ppf for manhunt and patch file. then burn it. pretty damn easy.

[@FOX#]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
HEllo! I've tryed to open the xxx-nhm.iso with Trucha but it tells me that is encrypted and cannot be open!

How i've to do??
wacko.gif
please help me!
thanks

Ralek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kovach said:

1. Download Trucha Signer from here
2. Extract the rar file into a new folder, open that folder, double-click on wiikeyset.reg, click Yes then OK
3. Double-click on trucha.exe
4. Click "Select KeySet" in the menu and then click "Custom KeySet 1"
5. Click "Image" -> "Open ISO"
6. Navigate and find the ISO file and click Open (this is only tested with a clean/non-scrubbed iso from release #0522)
7. It should say "Image opened successfully". Click OK
8. Double-click on DISC (RNHE41) then on PARTITION (RNHE41) - the second one, then on SYSFILES
9. Right click on "main.dol" and click "Extract to file", select Desktop and click OK
10. Download Wii Video Mode Changer 1.0 from here
11. Extract wii-vmc_1.0.zip to a folder somewhere, open that folder
12. Now find "main.dol" on your desktop, grab it with the mouse and drag it over the wii-vmc.exe icon in the folder from the previous step
13. A DOS box will popup, type in 3 (The option you want is PAL60 (progressive) (PAL 480p), if you want another video mode then type in that number)
14. After the DOS box closes, restore the Trucha Signer window that you minimized earlier, right click again on the same "main.dol" file and click "Replace"
15. Navigate to your Desktop, click the "main.dol" file and click Open
16. Right click on PARTITION (RELSAB) and click "Trucha Sign It!"
17. Right click on PARTITION (RNHE41) and click "Trucha Sign It!"
18. Close Trucha Signer and patch your ISO with RegionFrii to PAL region
18. That's it, you're done! Burn your ISO file with your favorite burning program (I use ImgBurn) and enjoy this excellent game.

It can't get any simpler than that folks...

Ya did that except i didnt signed the 2nd partition, whats the use of that ? and since wiikey pachtes on the fly i never used regionfree, but ill give it a try
biggrin.gif
at least my RW discs paying off now ^^

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
You only need to re-sign the partition you edit!

For all these games it's the second partition you extract the main.dol from, so it's the second partition you need to re-sign.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online