Homebrew No$gba 2.3b released

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
* gba/snd: snd_on_off 60h-81h non-writeable while disabled with optional warning
* gba/snd: fixed snd_on_off (resets only 60h-81h, not 82h-83h) (thanks ludvig)
* gba/help: described nr52/snd_on_off affected registers (60h-81h reset to zero)
* gba/help: added noise random generator specs (gba psg channel 4, poly counter)
* snap/sav: uses new "save_chunks" function (instead separate snapdat_write's)
* snap/sav: RLU-encoder/decoder supports long-same regions (code 80h dta8 len16)
* snap/sav-loader: re-allows old/smaller 64K sram/liff blocks (pre 128K flash)
* snap/sav-loader: raised gba-max liff/sram_siz for to 128K (for new FLASH type)
* snap/sav-loader: replaced fixed "liff/sram_siz" by variable "memsiz_sram/liff"
* snap/sav-loader: skips unknown blocks by file-entry (rather by expected entry)
* gba/help: new Backup IDs chapter (library ID strings, thanks pocketheaven faq)
* gba/backup: detects 128kbyte FLASH backup (reportedly uses ID "FLASH1M_Vnnn")
* gba/backup: emulates bankswitched 128kbyte FLASH backup memory (not tested)
* gba/add-on: emulates gba solar sensor (currently fixed level) (boktai, momov)
* gba/add-on: emulates gba-cart real time clock (rtc) (boktai, thanks momov)
* gba/multiplay: refixed slave machine bios-loading (missing v2.2 mount_system)
* nds/sound: precalculates sample rate timing (for some/minor emulation speedup)
* nds/backup/help: added description of the new eeprom/flash/fram backup types
* nds/backup: new: None, EEPROM 8K, EEPROM 64K, FLASH 256K, FLASH 512K, FRAM 32K
* nds/3d: uses pixelformat with alpha (if supported, ie. not by generic driver)
* nds/3d: above alpha untested - disabled by default - see setup: 3D Rear Alpha
* nds/3d: added warning on 3D access with powcnt bit2-3 disabled (thanks anders)
* nds/snd: fixed hang-up on uninitialized sound frequency (thanks damian yerrik)
* nds/3d: loads opengl on any opengl-call (not only on swap buffers) (anders)
* cpu/help: added notes on mis-aligned ldrd/strd (cpu memory alignments chapter)
* cpu/detail: emulates mis-aligned ldrd/strd (clips lower 2 bits) (not 3 bits)
* cpu/bugfix: fixed ldrd/strd bugged alignment warning (thanks anders norlander)
* winxp/xboo: nocashio install bugfix: added "system32\" in CreateService param
* winxp: supports Alt+key combinations (VK_LMENU instead of unsupported VK_MENU)
* internal: sorted/re-arranged nds variables (for future nds snapshot support)
* setup: changed color/depth settings: re-applies nds_color_xlat (backlights)
* web/paypal: fixed missing CRLF between "=" / "-----END PKC" (thanks francesco)
* nds/directboot: puts nds7_bios_crc and user_settings_base in RAM (as by BIOS)
* nds/3d: cleanup: unloads opengl library (if loaded) on exit
* nds/3d: uses win31-style upside-down-images (required for nvidia geforce)
* nds/help: new chapter on accessing gba-slot/gba-carts in ds-mode (clks/addr)
* gba/help: new chapter on gba cart real time clock (rtc) (used in boktai)
* gba/help: new chapter on gba cart solar sensor (boktai, thanks momov for cart)
* gba/help: new chapter on gba cart rom-chip 4bit io port (used in boktai)
* gba/help: added backup eeprom chip names 9853 (mario), and 9854 (boktai)
* nds/directboot: stores RomChipID in RAM (as by BIOS) (verified by newer games)
* nds/bugfix: hwreset memclear includes nds7 I/O region (older version didn't)
* gba/help: added note on ZERO-padded titles in cart-header (eg. in boktai)
* gba/help: fixed joybus entrypoint in gba-cart-header summary (E0h instead E4h)

no$gba - nocash gameboy advance emulator

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Princess Peach (USA) - Fully playable and a little bit slow and little bit glitches with Allow 3D Rear Alpha!

Megaman Battle Network 5: Double Team (USA) - Fully playable and everything is fine expect Rockman's body is some still missing and in the map is glitches and flash a little bit. You will need to use Allow 3D Rear Alpha to see the map! It's just starting!

Tennis no Ouji-Sama 2005 - Crystal Drive (JAPAN)
- Fully playable, and slow and you need Allow 3D Rear Alpha.

Contact (USA) - Fully playable but slow and you need to set FLASH 256k.

Bokura no Taiyou - Django and Sabata (J) - Ingame then freezed.

Kirby Squeak Squad (U) - Fully playable but a little bit slow.

Alots of games are being increase. NEAT!

AMPonzi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm a rather odd bug involving Yoshi's Island DS (U)... the graphics are near perfect and the speed is almost too. But on stage 1-3, there's a point where you need to shoot eggs through dirt to get somewhere, and you go right through the dirt along with the eggs you shoot... weirdest bug I ever encountered

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mario and Luigi - Partners in Time (U) - Sound issues, and sprites in battle still barely visible.

Playable though? Doesn't crash.

SSJ Zac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jump Ultimate Stars (J) - Fully Playable when NDS Backup Media is at FRAM 32KBystes and Allow 3D Rear Alpha is enabled.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
King Kong (U) - Fully playable but a little bit slow.

Yoshi's Island 2 (U) - Playable, save and you need to set it to EEPROM 64k. There is a bug in 1-3.

Doraemon: Nobita no Kyouryuu DS (J) - Fully playable, save, and a little bit slow.

Tennis no Ouji-Sama 2005 - Crystal Drive (JAPAN) - Fully playable, save and a little bit slow

Megaman Battle Network 5: Double Team (USA) - Fully playable and everything is fine expect Rockman's body is still some missing and in the map is glitches and flash a little bit and you will need Allow 3D Rear Alpha to see the map and Rockman's background better.

Super Princess Peach (USA) - Fully playable, save, a little bit
slow and little bit glitches.

Contact (USA) - Fully playable but a little bit slow and you need to set it to
FLASH 256k and save.

Kirby Squeak Squad (U) - Fully playable, a little bit slow and save. You need to set it to EEPROM 64k.

Bomberman Land Touch! (U) - Fully playable, a little bit slow and save. You need to set it to EEPROM 64k and Allow 3D Rear Alpha to see the background.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just have the Metroid demo as a tester since my P4 1.5ghz just isn't going to cut it for anything other than touch games (Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, etc) and it ran nice and smooth and the visuals worked well. It cried about no save but still went on so it just needs to be set to whatever. I was surprised to see it run at 50% speed or better which is a boost over older releases.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed in World 1-3: Mario's Fleet Feet

Yoshi's Island DS -- In this room, make eggs out of the Shy Guys that spawn endlessly from the pipe, then shoot through the yellow wall to the right. Go through the opening and aim upward to shoot down a ball you can bounce on. Bounce to the upper ledge, then jump to the left platform where you can hit a few M blocks to obtain four stars if you want.

But when I shoot egg through the yellow wall for the ball to fallen down and it won't. Is this bug ? Please test it and let me know so I can report to the no$gba team because I contacted them few time. They are very great people and friendly. Help me so I can report it to them if you have the same problem as mine.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, you did. I will report that to no$gba team soon.
smile.gif

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Star Wars: Lethal Alliance: First level fully playable, runs at half speed. It crashes at the end of the first area. Set savetype to 0.5kb Eeprom.

When I got to the roof at the first level and phone was told to go to warehouse to steal some goods in the next level. Is that why you got crashed ? I am able to play it in the next level. Correct me if I am wrong.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ATTENTION:

You will need firmware.bin --- why ?

Q: My game, above ROM 500, gives me a black screen and stucks the emulator, how to proceed?

A: By our very own diablow...

QUOTE said:
You'll need the firmware.bin. After you copy it to no$gba folder (the same place where bioses reside), select "Reset/Startup Entrypoint" in Emulation Setup, save setup. Restart game, or even better - close and start no$gba again, now after selecting nds file, it will go to nds menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Similar to FOX Kids. I remember when Sonic X aired.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the latin american fox feed doesnt air news, it airs movies and tv shows
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna watch gintama for the first time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, I always turn the lights up on those lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two studio lights for one horror game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Couch casting for horror
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Couch casting for horror