SkotUK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dutch.jpg

QUOTE said:
Oh, well look at that, another release date rumor! Things are really heating up as we near September 29th when all the juicy details will be revealed. Fellow YouTuber 626b sent me the following message, in reference to the above image:

" It’s a screenshot from the Dutch Nintendo website. As you can see at the botom right it says that the release date of Paper Mario is the 25th of March 2011. This has already been deleted by Nintendo, but it was online for a couple of days. Because in Japan Paper Mario will be a launch title many Europeans believe that the 3DS will come to Europe in 2011. What do you think? "

I don’t think this indicates that the 3DS will be released in North America or Japan in 2011 (a mid-November release still seems likely in those regions), but for the Europeans out there, this could mean you’ll be waiting a tad longer for the 3DS. Now, as always, this is a rumor, and unfortunately the page displayed in the original screenshot is no longer online (as pointed out in the above message) so it can’t be verified.
QUOTE said:
Source: http://nintendo3dsblog.com/nintendos-dutch...h-of-march-2011

I'm really hoping this is fake. I was getting my hopes on the 3DS being released before xmas this year
hate2.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Makes no sense for them financially. You've got a new product and you're launching it this year in 2 locales (Japan and North America) in time for the Christmas rush which will aid the launch sales. Why would you then decide not to release it in another locale that same year to get even more money? I know we have more languages than the rest but come on.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
Makes no sense for them financially. You've got a new product and you're launching it this year in 2 locales (Japan and North America) in time for the Christmas rush which will aid the launch sales. Why would you then decide not to release it in another locale that same year to get even more money? I know we have more languages than the rest but come on.
This. Why not release it in time for christmas (AND MY BIRTHDAY
smile.gif
) where you bound to get much more sales.

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
@Jamstruth: Because they're introducing the new colours of the DSiXL just in a few weeks in Europe. And there are some Triple-A-Games we're waiting for. It makes sense to me. They need to sell all this stuff first.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
So, this rumor is based on a rumor, based on another rumor in a japanese newspaper, based on a twitter message ? Sorry if I'm bit skeptical.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Considering the type of game that Paper Mario is (RPG), I wouldn't have assumed that it'd be translated in time for Christmas (if the system's even released by then).

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Ehh...well you also have to think of the localization of the games. But is this a surprise? They did this with the DS. And the reason just seems like the reason this has happened in the past with games/systems from all/most companies. (localization and a bit more than just that)

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Even though I'm Canadian, I'll still be really pissed if Nintendo does this. Even more pissed if it has region locking in addition.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
dice said:
Considering the type of game that Paper Mario is (RPG), I wouldn't have assumed that it'd be translated in time for Christmas (if the system's even released by then).

This. PM probably just won't be a launch game in Europe.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Who said the 3DS would be released anywhere this year? Nintendo didn't confirm anything at all. The only thing they said was before the fiscal year end and this ends on March 31st.

They will announce the release date on September 29.

Okami Wolfen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even tho I'm American, I do hate that Europeans always get things late. That's why I never complain when Europe gets something before America.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Interesting, I like that guys theory of it not being a launch title for Europe due to translation of the text, but my guess is it's going to be similar to the DS back in 2004.

NA November 21, 2004
JP December 2, 2004
TW December 13, 2004
KOR December 29, 2004
AUS February 24, 2005
EU March 11, 2005
CH July 23, 2005

If that's anything to go by, then it looks like I've still got about 5 more months to wait
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1