Homebrew Official nnu-patcher - a patcher to temporarily use the eShop

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The version of NNU Patcher for the homebrew launcher is working on 5.5.1 for me. I was able to download a splatoon update while tubehax was enabled. Don't know if this one will also work or not.
Wait ... you got an update (we're not talking about DLCs?) from the eShop?

opa334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wait ... you got an update (we're not talking about DLCs?) from the eShop?
Yes, I updated splatoon through the home menu. But that's probably only possible on 5.5.1 until a new version is out, so do not attempt this, if you are not on the latest version (5.5.1 atm), otherwise it will probably download a system update instead of the game update.

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, I updated splatoon through the home menu. But that's probably only possible on 5.5.1 until a new version is out, so do not attempt this, if you are not on the latest version (5.5.1 atm), otherwise it will probably download a system update instead of the game update.
Ah alright, this kinda makes sense. Thanks for your feedback.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Here's an icon.png I made for NNU since I couldn't find any online. :P
I don't know if @dimok or @Cyan or who is it that's maintaining the HBL one, but this could be a placeholder until someone makes a better one. :P

Attachments

• icon.png
    icon.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 495

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
Here's an icon.png I made for NNU since I couldn't find any online. :P
I don't know if @dimok or @Cyan or who is it that's maintaining the HBL one, but this could be a placeholder until someone makes a better one. :P
Just found out about this :D This is a modification of the WiiDatabase logo, right? :P If so, then no problem :) I'm just curious.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has NNU Patcher stopped working? Whenever i run it and try to update a game, it just gives an error.Thanks!

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Whenever i run it and try to update a game, it just gives an error.
It has never supported updating titles. You can use WUPInstaller for that, or better yet, update to 5.5.1 to update titles normally. There is no longer any reason to stay on a lower firmware.

Last edited by I pwned U!,
Reactions: The Cringe

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has never supported updating titles. You can use WUPInstaller for that, or better yet, update to 5.5.1 to update titles normally. There is no longer any reason to stay on a lower firmware.
I am on 5.5.1 and strange, because i remember in the past i was able to update titles from the eshop after enabling nnupatcher. And yeah i decided id just use that method. Thanks for replying!

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
I am on 5.5.1 and strange, because i remember in the past i was able to update titles from the eshop after enabling nnupatcher. And yeah i decided id just use that method. Thanks for replying!
Yes its possible to download title's from eshop with nnupatcher which also download's the latest update for that title that you downloaded, All at the same time. But it wont allow a random title update to happen unless you downloaded it directly from the eshop.

Reactions: hudhair

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
If you use TubeHax DNS or whatever to stop the Wii U updating, this also blocks game updates when you launch a game that requires updating and it says "Preparing Update".

Does nnupatcher sort this and mean you can update normally?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you use TubeHax DNS or whatever to stop the Wii U updating, this also blocks game updates when you launch a game that requires updating and it says "Preparing Update".

Does nnupatcher sort this and mean you can update normally?
nope, you still need to use the wup installer or remove tubehax dns install the update and put it back on.

darthfusion

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on 5.5.1, but my retail discs can't update normally. Is there a 5.5.1 workaround that allows for this? (I am currently using a set primary and secondary dns 035.164.240.189, 168.235.092.108)
If there is a way to allow for game updates while still blocking the system updates, that would be most helpful.
Thanks,

Mr Objection

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm on 5.5.1, but my retail discs can't update normally. Is there a 5.5.1 workaround that allows for this? (I am currently using a set primary and secondary dns 035.164.240.189, 168.235.092.108)
If there is a way to allow for game updates while still blocking the system updates, that would be most helpful.
Thanks,
Take out your dns for a moment, update the games put the dns again, that is the easiest solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night