Nintendo's Next Smartphone Game to Feature Best Known Character

nintendologo.jpg

During Nintendo's third quarter financial meeting with investors, the company hinted at what fans can expect from its second smartphone game.

According to The Wall Street Journal, Nintendo posted a "sharp drop" in net profits for the quarter, but countered the disappointing news by confirming its second mobile title will feature one of its "best-known characters."

Along with this news Nintendo has now confirmed 12 million Wii U's have been sold, and over 20 million amiibo have been sold worldwide.

With this news in tow, it's time to speculate where Nintendo will be heading with its next mobile game, after the rather lackluster announcement of Miimoto earlier last year.

So the question is, do we begin seeing virtual console fearturing Mario on phones, or something new entirely?

:arrow: SOURCE

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see anything that looks like "tap to jump endless runner", "freemium crapware", or "Bejewelled crap with different graphics", unless I just missed something big?
It wasn't specified afaik, but it feels inevitable. I fear it's going to be an oversimplified version of something we already know on Nintendo platforms.

I wish it was still the 90s :(

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't specified afaik, but it feels inevitable. I fear it's going to be an oversimplified version of something we already know on Nintendo platforms.

I wish it was still the 90s :(
I want to remain optimistic that Nintendo won't stoop this low. I think it's inevitable that we'd see Mario or Zelda or whatever in one of Nintendo's mobile apps, but I haven't seen anything on what they'll be used for. time will only tell I guess. besides, these are usually to get you to play on their consoles, aren't they?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ice Climbers would be a good one.
Looks like my tears are not far away :sad:
Since they were pretty much forced to become mobile, I also see them eventually being push to release some games like that even if the majority of the games are unique. Kind of did it with Pokemon and to be fair, Mario Speed Runner isn't the worse idea. At this point, all you can do is not play them 'cause I doubt they are stepping away from mobile at this point. Let me clarify, I don't think they will go completely mobile like some of these people think and put their "real" games on phones.

Well, I mean, I can see games like DK vs Mario going to mobile. I don't think that what this is.
Games that work well with just using the touchscreen, especially without a stylus.

Last edited by KingVamp,

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to remain optimistic that Nintendo won't stoop this low. I think it's inevitable that we'd see Mario or Zelda or whatever in one of Nintendo's mobile apps, but I haven't seen anything on what they'll be used for. time will only tell I guess. besides, these are usually to get you to play on their consoles, aren't they?
Or to test the market for mobile Nintendo games with a view to moving away from hardware.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really like this view... considering how popular the DS/3DS/etc. was, Nintendo would be crazy to abandon it. home consoles though...
Why would Nintendo abandon consoles? They said to show they won't they're working on the NX. The Nintendo president must also be pretty damn confident about it. He predicts 100,000,000 yen in several years. I think the NX will be the modern gamecube. With that said. If it shows results they they're not ditching consoles anytime soon.

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
A WarioWare game for smartphones is something I'd actually love to see. It could have both the touch mechanics of Touched and the gyro mechanics of Twisted. :)

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
holy fucking shit, do we honestly need news stories speculating about the one thing nintendo has absolutely denied for the last decade? no vc and no actual as seen on console or portable games for phones.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Best known Nintendo character? Mario.

Here's an idea of a smartphone game: Super Mario: Mushroom Crash Saga
one of their best known characters - luigi or yoshi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.