Hacking Nintendont

Drambit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't seem to get any USB controllers to work. I have tried Xbox One plugged in with USB, PS3 sixaxis controller plugged in with USB, Hori Real Arcade Pro V3 SA, and PDP wired fight pad Pro for switch plugged in with USB, with native input turned off. So far I have not so much as seen a player 2 finger show up on the melee VS character selection screen.

I'm playing on a Wii, booting the melee ISO from a usb stick, nintendont via USB Loader GX. Does anyone know what might be going wrong?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can only use one USB controller at any given time in Nintendont. Player 2 would need to be a Bluetooth controller.

Also USB Flash drives are known to have issues use an SD card or USB HDD.

Last edited by ccfman2004,

Drambit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can only use one USB controller at any given time in Nintendont. Player 2 would need to be a Bluetooth controller.
Right now I'm launching it using a wiimote, and the only controllers plugged in our a gamecube controller in port 1 with the usb stick in one port and a usb controller in the other usb port.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Right now I'm launching it using a wiimote, and the only controllers plugged in our a gamecube controller in port 1 with the usb stick in one port and a usb controller in the other usb port.
make sure you have maxpads set to 4, alkso i ope your ps3 controller is official.

Drambit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
make sure you have maxpads set to 4, alkso i ope your ps3 controller is official.
Both of those things are straight. All my controllers are official and 3 of them are explicitly listed as being automatically compatible. I have no idea what's going on.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Both of those things are straight. All my controllers are official and 3 of them are explicitly listed as being automatically compatible. I have no idea what's going on.
xbox controller is not supported without the adapter

how are you starting nintendont? directly through homebrew channel? a lodaer? a wiiu inject?

try starting nintendont directly through the homebrew channel and acess the settings by pressing 1 or B and make sure they are correct, then press 1 or b again and choose a agme from the list to start.

Last edited by pedro702,

Drambit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xbox controller is not supported without the adapter

how are you starting nintendont? directly through homebrew channel? a lodaer? a wiiu inject?

try starting nintendont directly through the homebrew channel and acess the settings by pressing 1 or B and make sure they are correct, then press 1 or b again and choose a agme from the list to start.

Initially I was booting purely through the homebrew channel, trying different settings every time, all the settings are correct now. I also tried booting through USB loader gx and either way I could never get any of my controllers to work.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Initially I was booting purely through the homebrew channel, trying different settings every time, all the settings are correct now. I also tried booting through USB loader gx and either way I could never get any of my controllers to work.
maybe your usb cable are charge only cables and transfer no actual data?

Drambit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
maybe your usb cable are charge only cables and transfer no actual data?
That's an interesting possibility, it could definitely be true for my PS3 controllers I've never thought about that, it wouldn't explain why my Hori Real Arcade Pro V3 SA does not register at all though, the wire is built in and it's explicitly listed as automatically included with nintendon't. I'll try to track down some different mini-usb cables and check anyway.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's an interesting possibility, it could definitely be true for my PS3 controllers I've never thought about that, it wouldn't explain why my Hori Real Arcade Pro V3 SA does not register at all though, the wire is built in and it's explicitly listed as automatically included with nintendon't. I'll try to track down some different mini-usb cables and check anyway.
well maybe your usb door is just broken, maybe try using aniother usb port.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The other port is being used for my USB stick, which I believe requires you to use port 1.
on usbloader gx you can choose wich port to use or even both in the settings, also for nintendont diretly from homebrew channels there is no port requirement any will do, on wiiu you can even use any of the 4.

Drambit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
on usbloader gx you can choose wich port to use or even both in the settings, also for nintendont diretly from homebrew channels there is no port requirement any will do, on wiiu you can even use any of the 4.
Interesting I didn't know that, I'll try switching straight up and see if that changes anything. I busted out my multimeter to test my USB cable and didn't consider that mini usb is too small for multimeter leads -_-

Drambit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My PS3 controller worked after replacing the cable with a data cable, none of my other controllers work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Thanks!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My PS3 controller worked after replacing the cable with a data cable, none of my other controllers work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Thanks!
guess your cable was faulty somewhat i guess.
xbox needs an adapter to work straight usb doesnt work as for the hori one i guess it might use a diferent ini or something instead of the one people made, sometimes controller revisions have diferent pid/vids if they arent from same exact age.

Drambit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
guess your cable was faulty somewhat i guess.
xbox needs an adapter to work straight usb doesnt work as for the hori one i guess it might use a diferent ini or something instead of the one people made, sometimes controller revisions have diferent pid/vids if they arent from same exact age.
Not faulty, likely just a power cable because I bought a ton of them cheap to charge my controllers years ago, it wouldn't have crossed my mind that they wouldn't have data wires if you didn't bring that up. I don't actually need my arcade stick to work I'm just thrown off by the fact that it didn't work at all when it was listed as being natively supported, that's why I was assuming there was some deeper problem. I'm somewhat shocked that I actually got my PS3 controllers to work at all.

HHŁŁ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm thinking of modding my wii, cause I heard that nintendont can play games at a higher framerate.
I know there's an option "boot gc disc in drive". But it only shows when you have the USB drive with the game on it anyways.
Is there a way I can boot gc discs in nintendont without the USB in? Or does it have to be installed every time I launch the game from disc?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm thinking of modding my second wii, because I heard that nintendont could play gc games at a higher framerate.
From my first wii, with the broken laser, I know there's an option "boot gc disc in drive". But it only shows when you have the USB drive with the game on it anyways.
Is there a way I can boot gc discs in nintendont without the USB in? Or does it have to be installed every time I launch the game from disc?
When the USB is in, does it have to be the same game on it as on disc? Does it really launch the disc or the USB?

HHŁŁ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ecouraged by framrate comparison videos on youtube, I softmodded my second wii. I installed nintendont to play gc games at a better framerate.
My question, and slap me if I'm asking about the obvious - do I need to adjust the settings to improve the framerate or does nintendont play gc games more smooth by default?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Slap me if I'm asking about the obvious - does nintendont require any special settings to improve framerate in gc games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...