Hacking Nintendont

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
"Scrubbed" should be equivalent to "invalid." Gamecube games are only 1.4GB so there's no need to alter them.
Hi GreyWolf,

Thank you for your reply. Well actually most of Gamecube games work scrubbed (trimmed) and well... in my particular situation, I have spent the last months collecting like the best 328 Wii games, best 80 Wiiware games, 220 GC games, all the Wii U/eShop games, and all full roms sets for all the Wiiflow plugins (consoles, pc systems, retroarch,etc) on a 2tb usb drive, space matters. : )

Warmest regards

Pepois

Last edited by Pepois,

slash8789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using multi, then my guess is you have a corrupt (or incompatible) save file. With multi enabled all your games will save to a single save file and you risk losing all your saves if something messes up the file.
Most people would recommend you use individual save files for each game (turn multi off) - me included.
Try running Paper Mario with Memcard Multi: Off (and Memcard Blocks set to 251) - this should make a separate ID4.raw file for each game (in the "saves" folder on the root of your USB).
If it works and you want to leave Multi Off, you will need to do some memory card management on your PC (using Dolphin or similar) to copy the individual saves to the new save files or just make copies of your existing Multi save file (ninmem.raw) naming the copy with the ID4 tag of each game (assuming you want to keep all your old saves).

Well I tried this and the other suggestions but, same error. It says I have to format the card. ???

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, I tried having multi on and set to 251 and that worked.This created a ninmem.raw file. My question now is; what happens to my individual game saves from other games (luigis mansion etc...) that were not using this ninmem.raw file that Paper Mario is using? Do I integrate the indiviadual game saves into theninmem.raw file somehow or just keep the individual save files and change my settings to multi-off everytime I want to play the other games (luigi's mansion etc...)

Last edited by slash8789,

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Well I tried this and the other suggestions but, same error. It says I have to format the card. ???

Well, I tried having multi on and set to 251 and that worked.This created a ninmem.raw file. My question now is; what happens to my individual game saves from other games (luigis mansion etc...) that were not using this ninmem.raw file that Paper Mario is using? Do I integrate the indiviadual game saves into theninmem.raw file somehow or just keep the individual save files and change my settings to multi-off everytime I want to play the other games (luigi's mansion etc...)
use dolphin memory card manager to copy your individual save files to the multi ninmen.raw if you want to use the multi file from now on.
the multi works great and i use it all the time. Just remember to do a backup from time to time

Reactions: cvskid

slash8789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use dolphin memory card manager to copy your individual save files to the multi ninmen.raw if you want to use the multi file from now on.
the multi works great and i use it all the time. Just remember to do a backup from time to time

Ah. Ok. Thank you. Now, for whatever reason, I was able to make a save file with multi off. I may have missed it before but, there was in fact an individual save file for Paper Mario which leads me to believe it might have been the culprit after all tbut, I never created a save file. I was never able to. ??? Well, its fixed now. Thank you all for the help.

My new problem is that since I updated Nintendont a couple of days ago, I can't seem to get my games full screen anymore. I get the black bars on the side. Any suggestions? I tried forcing progressive scan and widescreen but, that does nothing. Thx

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

no all your solo saves are safe since they are all individual cards saves you could try again set multi off and delete the actual save file for papper mario so nintendont can creat another.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah. Ok. Thank you. Now, for whatever reason, I was able to make a save file with multi off. I may have missed it before but, there was in fact an individual save file for Paper Mario which leads me to believe it might have been the culprit after all tbut, I never created a save file. I was never able to. ??? Well, its fixed now. Thank you all for the help.

My new problem is that since I updated Nintendont a couple of days ago, I can't seem to get my games full screen anymore. I get the black bars on the side. Any suggestions? I tried forcing progressive scan and widescreen but, that does nothing. Thx
I remember sometimes on real MCs on GC if a corrupt save is created it becomes an invisible icon that you cannot see when you look at your files but when you toggle through your saves you see it (empty section with info if you highlight it) if you can try to check your saves (if you're using bios, hold A after starting a game to enter the settings menu then press down on the dpad to get to the MC section) then check for that one corrupt file and try deleting it, this might be your problem.

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi my dear fellow Nintendonters,

After going through all +210 titles... (must of them scrubbed with either DMToolbox or Gamecube ISO tool)
I saw that 11 games which I had previously scrubbed with the Gamecube ISO tool didn't work, and again they was no information on the Wiki page in regards to these games, just gray boxes. Anyway, I redownload all of them, and this time I used DMToolbox: all of them work now. So please, it would be great if the person/s encharged of updating the Wiki could please update it with these new information:

Works 100% - scrubbed with DMToolbox only, NOT with Gamecube ISO tool:

Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee ok
Red Faction 2 ok
Spartan: Total Warrior ok
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast ok
Star Wars: The Clone Wars ok
Super Monkey Ball ok
Nickelodeon Tak 2: The Staff of Dreams ok
Tak and the Power of Juju ok
Tak the Great Juju Challenge ok
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon ok
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 ok

Warm regards!
Pepois

Last edited by Pepois,

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You can edit the page yourself if you like. It does say in the OP FAQ that only 1:1 images should be used, though.
Thank you for the quick reply GreyWolf, I used to edit the wiki back when Nintendont started but then, I think everyone agreed to only have afew people editing it? Ill do that now, did try with 1:1 first of course.

Warm regards

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ok done editing the Wiki, I also added a game entry for Tak the Great Juju Challenge it was not on the list.

Warm regards

ntnavy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

After going through all +210 titles... (must of them scrubbed with either DMToolbox or Gamecube ISO tool)
I saw that 11 games which I had previously scrubbed with the Gamecube ISO tool didn't work, and again they was no information on the Wiki page in regards to these games, just gray boxes. Anyway, I redownload all of them, and this time I used DMToolbox: all of them work now. So please, it would be great if the person/s encharged of updating the Wiki could please update it with these new information:

Red Faction 2 ok
Super Monkey Ball ok

Warm regards!
Pepois
Bro can you check if splinter cell chaos theory is working ok? I been having an issue for months now that all the cutscenes autoskip without reason. I posted back then about it in here but never get an answer if its was just me.

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Bro can you check if splinter cell chaos theory is working ok? I been having an issue for months now that all the cutscenes autoskip without reason. I posted back then about it in here but never get an answer if its was just me.
The USA version works perfectly full ISO and scrubbed with either DMTool Box or Gamecube ISO Tool.

Regards

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Red Faction 2 ok
Super Monkey Ball ok

Warm regards!
Pepois
We keep on saying only to use DMTool to shrink GameCube ISOs as other tools don't skrink them properly

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, as a general rule is true, though there are a couple of exceptions. B-)

Great, do I need to redo all my GC's then?

I still have a copy of the original ISO's, but I had used GIT to make DiskEx versions, and probably aligned them as 32k. I've only tried a few of the DiskEx with Nintendont and they seem to work, but I don't want to have to try all 650+ if it's recommended to us DMToolbox.

I've been meaning to re-run my original ISO's through GIT as 1:1 so the CODE is added to them. If I do this with DMToolbox, are these the settings I should use for best Nintendont success?:

Format: RAW
Skip xNeek files: Checked
Align: 32K[/Code]

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I still have a copy of the original ISO's, but I had used GIT to make DiskEx versions, and probably aligned them as 32k. I've only tried a few of the DiskEx with Nintendont and they seem to work, but I don't want to have to try all 650+ if it's recommended to us DMToolbox.

I've been meaning to re-run my original ISO's through GIT as 1:1 so the CODE is added to them. If I do this with DMToolbox, are these the settings I should use for best Nintendont success?:

GameCube ISO Tool is one of the WORST tools to use because it breaks the 32k alignment. For the best compatibility it is recommended to use 1:1 ISOs that have a matching MD5 with redump.org.

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Go with DMToolbox all the way, except where noted on the wiki to explicitly use Gamecube iso tool (eg Kirby Air Ride, etc.)

Reactions: ca032769

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It must be poop day