Hacking Nintendont

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noticed legend of zelda twilight princess is fullscreen now instead of widescreen on nintendont. Is there any way to do the same with resident evil 4? I am using a original wii with gamecube controller and memory card ports.

Last edited by cvskid,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noticed legend of zelda twilight princess is fullscreen now instead of widescreen on nintendont. Is there any way to do the same with resident evil 4? I am using a original wii with gamecube controller and memory card ports.
If you want it fullscreen (4:3) then just disable the Widescreen patch. The Widescreen patch essentially forces the camera to render a 16:9 image.

Z_Boy57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I thank (once more) FIX94 for the awesome Nintendont. I actually organize videogame events in my village (for the youths) and GC games on my Wii are the most played during these evenings; Nintendont allow us to enjoy GC games in the best possible conditions on modern TVs with a very compatible 480p patching and 16:9 (that I hope to work on more games in the future).
I want to know about BBA/Modem support: this feature will allow to play LAN games like Mario Kart Double Dash up to 8 players using multiple Wii consoles trough Wifi?

Last edited by Z_Boy57,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to know about BBA/Modem support: this feature will allow to play LAN games like Mario Kart Double Dash up to 8 players using multiple Wii consoles trough Wifi?
It's currently not supported. I think Devolution supports it. It has been requested multiple times, but, as far as I know, there are no plans for it right now.

Z_Boy57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah I know this is a planned feature; I asked if this will allow us to play MKDD in LAN mode using the Wifi.
I know about Devolution LAN support trough Wifi, I already tried it but this sh*t is not able to locate any of my backup isos (I don't talk about retail disc checking step), whereas the files location is the same as Nintendont (SD//games/game_title/game.iso). Being frustrated, I gave up.

Last edited by Z_Boy57,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want it fullscreen (4:3) then just disable the Widescreen patch. The Widescreen patch essentially forces the camera to render a 16:9 image.
Tried it but it still had black boarders on the top and the bottom of the tv screen for resident evil 4. Checked and found out that twilight princess has it's own special patch for something like that.

-did some more work on the game specific widescreen hacks, making at least 7
different games (mkdd, super mario sunshine, crash bandicoot, nfs hp2, wind
waker, twilight princess, paper mario) in all their regions get widescreen
patched properly

Thank you for helping though.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried it but it still had black boarders on the top and the bottom of the tv screen for resident evil 4. Checked and found out that twilight princess has it's own special patch for something like that.

-did some more work on the game specific widescreen hacks, making at least 7
different games (mkdd, super mario sunshine, crash bandicoot, nfs hp2, wind
waker, twilight princess, paper mario) in all their regions get widescreen
patched properly

Thank you for helping though.
Nintendont doesn't add borders, so it would have to be the game doing that (unless you have an odd setup where you're using a 4:3 HDMI capable screen with a Wii U). Make sure the game itself isn't using some sort of letterbox setting or something. Nintendont isn't going to remove anything the game itself is doing. If you mean in cutscenes (I know TP and WW will letterbox in cutscenes) there's not much that can be done about that unless you want to implement a separate cheat to disable it. That doesn't really have anything to do with the widescreen patch, though.
Yeah I know this is a planned feature; I asked if this will allow us to play MKDD in LAN mode using the Wifi.
I know about Devolution LAN support trough Wifi, I already tried it but this sh*t is not able to locate any of my backup isos (I don't talk about retail disc checking step), whereas the files location is the same as Nintendont (SD//games/game_title/game.iso). Being frustrated, I gave up.
Probably, if it ever happens. I wouldn't hold my breath, unless you're willing to develop that feature yourself.

Last edited by TecXero,
Reactions: cvskid

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The RE4 Widescreen thing is due to the game itself.
For some odd reason it has that compact view and doesn't stretch, but that's because of how the game is coded.

Ditch the Gamecube version and use the Wii one to accomplish full screen.
You can play with the Gamecube controller also, and even CCP.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,
Reactions: Garcimak and cvskid

Vallkyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First off, I'd like to say thanks for all the work you guys have done so far. Being able to play F-Zero AX is amazing. Especially with the license card support.
However the game will only give you a small selection of custom parts ingame. To access some of the best machine for Time Attacking, you must load from F-Zero GX Garage Data. This also has a nice side effect of allowing 4 custom machines to be loaded (or 5 if the one on the license card is still included?) rather than just one, so you don't have to keep playing to switch out parts for the machine you want to use.
I imagine it's not an easy thing to implement, but if it can be done that would be perfect.

Reactions: Drak0rex

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I imagine it's not an easy thing to implement, but if it can be done that would be perfect.
I did of course try hooking up the memory card code but it makes the game crash badly and corrupt the save data in the process so yea, chances are very unlikely that feature will ever be added.

Vallkyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did of course try hooking up the memory card code but it makes the game crash badly and corrupt the save data in the process so yea, chances are very unlikely that feature will ever be added.

Ohh sounds pretty nasty. That's a shame, but thanks for looking into it!

Reactions: Troopage

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sorry for my bad english, I'll try to explain my problem in a simple way.

Nintendont user on wii, can't remember which version but I've always had this problem on every version so I don't think that matters too much. I noticed that the aspect ratio is not correct: on super mario sunshine, for example, I tried to measure what it was supposed to be a circle, but it was too high so basically an oval. Same on f-zero GX and maybe every game. I have my wii set to 16:9, component video cable, hdtv 16:9, when I run a GC game I switch the tv to 4:3 aspect ratio so I get black bars and correct aspect ratio. But the ratio is slighty off.

I tried to set the tv AND the wii to 4:3 but I got the same results.

I measured a circle in a wii game and it was indeed a circle. I noticed that black bars for GC games in 4:3 are wider than black bars for wii games in 4:3.

I have not touched video settings at all. It's that expected for GC games to have a slighty incorrect aspect ratio?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for my bad english, I'll try to explain my problem in a simple way.

Nintendont user on wii, can't remember which version but I've always had this problem on every version so I don't think that matters too much. I noticed that the aspect ratio is not correct: on super mario sunshine, for example, I tried to measure what it was supposed to be a circle, but it was too high so basically an oval. Same on f-zero GX and maybe every game. I have my wii set to 16:9, component video cable, hdtv 16:9, when I run a GC game I switch the tv to 4:3 aspect ratio so I get black bars and correct aspect ratio. But the ratio is slighty off.

I tried to set the tv AND the wii to 4:3 but I got the same results.

I measured a circle in a wii game and it was indeed a circle. I noticed that black bars for GC games in 4:3 are wider than black bars for wii games in 4:3.

I have not touched video settings at all. It's that expected for GC games to have a slighty incorrect aspect ratio?
Nintendont has an option for a widescreen hack/patch. Disable that if you want to play it in 4:3.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendont has an option for a widescreen hack/patch. Disable that if you want to play it in 4:3.
I think this is the perfect chance for me to ask this, so since my old 4:3 TV is now dying I'm gonna have to get a new wide screen TV, I checked earlier today for the prices at the mall (sadly I could only find ones with one AV cable and I'm trying to find one that has at least two, I guess I'll keep looking for a while) anyway I was going to ask how to play in 4:3 using a regular Wii and how to play in 16:9? Should I use an HDMI cable or can I use the AV cable just fine? What about the WiiU?

Last edited by sonictopfan,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think this is the perfect chance for me to ask this, so since my old 4:3 TV is now dying I'm gonna have to get a new wide screen TV, I checked earlier today for the prices at the mall (sadly I could only find ones with one AV cable and I'm trying to find one that has at least two, I guess I'll keep looking for a while) anyway I was going to ask how to play in 4:3 using a regular Wii and how to play in 16:9? Should I use an HDMI cable or can I use the AV cable just fine? What about the WiiU?
what about the wiiu? wiiu just uses hdmi for the best quality, av cable looks like crap.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Throw the Composite (or AV as you call them, trust me they look terrible on HDTVs) cables away and go with Component. The Wii doesn't support HDMI. For Wii U, go with HDMI. For 16:9, the Wii only supports Anamorphic, so you'll have to set it in the Wii settings (you'll also want to set it to progressive) and set your TV to display the image in 16:9 as well. For Nintendont, just enable the widescreen patch and most games will display in widescreen.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wonder guys, anyone has the Wii forwader in their files? The link in OP is dead. Vwii link is still fine.

the link in the OP is working like it should...I checked my MEGA account, and tried the link, works perfectly.

you should check (or change ?) your browser, or your adblock's rules maybe...

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
the link in the OP is working like it should...I checked my MEGA account, and tried the link, works perfectly.

you should check (or change ?) your browser, or your adblock's rules maybe...
It specifically say in mega that the file has been deleted lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I was from the get-go when I joined lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, what's the gecko?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm you corrected it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Means from the beginning, so what I said here, was that I was into retro stuff from the beginning when and before I joined.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    For some reason, it's sometimes spelt incorrectly.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, so you like retro stuff since you were a kid
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yes, ever since I was born. Into computers and game consoles.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I had a PS1, PS2, Wii, and many more that takes longer to list without scowering through my stuff, just to name a few.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i recall using the internet since i was about 4 yrs old (mainly just to watch YouTube and play browser games)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And yea I had a PS2 and a 3ds too but you know what happenned to them
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, What happened?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, both broke, and my PS2 was sent to be repaired but we never got it back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I though you already knew about my 3ds tho
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Btw @SylverReZ do you remember this video?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm off to bed, have a good night.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sleep well
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yawn
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    wut
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    what's that
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    panda spotting in chat
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I'm getting sleepy even though it's fairly early
  • pball79 @ pball79:
    Hey guys, where's the post that has all the wii u themes?
    pball79 @ pball79: Hey guys, where's the post that has all the wii u themes?