Hacking Nintendont

Z_Boy57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everybody!

I got an error with Skies of Arcadia Legends (PAL)
- using USBLoaderGX
- with Nintendont
- on the vWii of a PAL WiiU set in HDMI 1080p
- error message on a blue background: Invalid TV Format. in "gp_check.c" on line 651.
- I already tried many options: patchvideo (force PAL50, forcePAL480p, disc setting) and tried disabling Progressive patch and widescreen patch.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi everybody!

I got an error with Skies of Arcadia Legends (PAL)
- using USBLoaderGX
- with Nintendont
- on the vWii of a PAL WiiU set in HDMI 1080p
- error message on a blue background: Invalid TV Format. in "gp_check.c" on line 651.
- I already tried many options: patchvideo (force PAL50, forcePAL480p, disc setting) and tried disabling Progressive patch and widescreen patch.
tryed with everything off except mcemu and video and languague on auto?

Z_Boy57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Disabled Memory Card emulation and set the language to french => doesn't solve the issue.
For info: Mario Kart Arcade GP2 and Mario Kart DD work fine with progressive and widescreen patches

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Disabled Memory Card emulation and set the language to french => doesn't solve the issue.
For info: Mario Kart Arcade GP2 and Mario Kart DD work fine with progressive and widescreen patches
not tellling you to disbale mcemu

put everything off except mcemu to ON and change video and language to Auto.

Z_Boy57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah the game works now!
I wonder which setting makes this errors to occur...
Notice: my TV shows the display is still 1080p (WiiU upscaling).

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ah the game works now!
I wonder which setting makes this errors to occur...
if you force progressive or widescreen some games dont like it specialy pal games wich dont like forced progressive unless they are 60hz and even then some 60hz games still dont like forced progessive.

Z_Boy57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tested to boot the game by enabling the patches one by one:
- WiiU Widescreen -> OK
- WS patch -> no error but no ingame widescreen either!
- Progressive patch -> get the error!
I remember I used to play this game with DIOS_MIOS on my Wii using force480p...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I tested to boot the game by enabling the patches one by one:
- WiiU Widescreen -> OK
- WS patch -> no error but no ingame widescreen either!
- Progressive patch -> get the error!
I remember I used to play this game with DIOS_MIOS on my Wii using force480p...
nintendont is not dios mios if you want 480p use ntsc isos they always work.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
She used the CD-ROM tray to hold her styrofoam coffee cup.
I always thought that was a Simpsons joke, never thought people are actually THAT stupid, and I know people are VERY stupid!

exit to health screen? mine always exited to the homebrew channel when i launched nintendont from the homebrew channel.
Mine exits to USB-Loader GX :P

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I found a version from Paper Mario that matches correctly (MD5 81321e8256205e3cfb71257e6ba2970f).

Sadly, still no luck. The Nintendont screen stucks on "Set .. DI" and the WiiU restarts itself.. I think that was it. What is that?

What does that exactly mean? What is r229? Sorry, I'm not that deep into this. Only a bit.

So my drive got an error and some games do work, some not?
Ehhhh, kind of

Basically, r230 completely changed how games are read from USB. It switched from using... uh... some obscure IOS that I dont remember :shy:, to IOS 58 (which is more "correct", the old version was kind of thrown together). In the process of this switch, compatibility was gained for some drives and lost for others, with no real traceable pattern (there are trends, but they vary A LOT: It seems to be USB 3.0 drives made by Western Digital and Seagate are the main offenders, though). If your drive isnt compatible, then no matter what game you try it should ALWAYS stall at "Initing DI...", and will proceed to freeze.

If the problem persists with r229, then something more involved is going on, but I'm willing to bet thats where the issue lies
Thanks for your kind explanation.

But according to that description NO game should work on my HDD, is that correct? I've played Baten Kaitos Origins now for about 45 hours and it just works fine, among the many I already tested (About 20 or 25 games). Paper Mario was the first game this error happened.
maybe it has to do with the recources the game asks or something becuase on it freezes befoe getting ingame it means nintendont couldnt even read your usb device fully to launch the iso, try the same iso on a small usb flashdrive or sd card.
Sorry, I had no time to test this until now.

I tested it with an SD card and another USB stick. Now it stops at Mounting USB device. What I am doing wrong this time? : (
(I updated Nintendont on the latest version by the way)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry, I had no time to test this until now.

I tested it with an SD card and another USB stick. Now it stops at Mounting USB device. What I am doing wrong this time? : (
(I updated Nintendont on the latest version by the way)
if your usb still doesnt work on 302 then it just isnt compatible sadly your stuck with 229 if that ever worked for you in the first place.

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if your usb still doesnt work on 302 then it just isnt compatible sadly your stuck with 229 if that ever worked for you in the first place.
But is it really possible that only Paper Mario has this error? I tested through about 30 games already with my HDD and everything was fine.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But is it really possible that only Paper Mario has this error? I tested through about 30 games already with my HDD and everything was fine.
then your iso must be corrupted or does your papper mario filename has any special letter or symbols? try to make the folder simple letters only.

like just

papper mario/game.iso

Reactions: Bimmel

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
then your iso must be corrupted or does your papper mario filename has any special letter or symbols? try to make the folder simple letters only.

like just

papper mario/game.iso

maybe your save is corrupted, try deleting your save from your hard drive (do a back up of course) and try again
It.. it worked! I don't know what from the two things cause I changed them both - but it worked! Thank you really! :lol:

(Of course I'll test it for other people right away. Maybe someone will get the same error in some time)

Edit: It was an umlaut!

In german the title from Paper Mario is: "Paper Mario: Die Legende vom Äonentor"
Basic rule: Never use an umlaut. :shy:

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In german the title from Paper Mario is: "Paper Mario: Die Legende vom Äonentor"
Basic rule: Never use an umlaut. :shy:

That actually makes sense thinking about it, I will maybe look at that if I have the time since it is something which at least from kernel side should work.

2.302 getting a black screen with no video on exiting a game ,after pressing the home button with classic controller plugged in ,having to power down my wii on the latest

Do you use a forwarder or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVUjbpqsE_M