Hacking Nintendont

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bongos wont work through that adapter.at this time. the game needs to detect if it is being controlled by a gamecube controller or the bongos. currently everything that comes in through the bluetooth port is made to look like a gamecube controller.

Regarding my recent issue with Donkey Kong Jungle Beat all we have determined is I cant get the game to work with the bongos and when the bongo support was developed in nintendont it was not tested with that game.

Thanks for the info.

Unrelated question, probably has been answered, but I can't find the answer, I can get my Wii U pro controller to connect through Nintendont on my Wii U, no problem, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the Wii U pro controller to sync with Nintendont on my regular Wii. Anyone know what I need to do for this? Before launching the game in the Nintendont game select menu, I've been hitting the sync buttons on both the Wii U pro controller and the Wii, but it never seems to sync up, I've also tried the same while in a gamecube game thats been launched from Nintendont, but still, no luck.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for the info.

Unrelated question, probably has been answered, but I can't find the answer, I can get my Wii U pro controller to connect through Nintendont on my Wii U, no problem, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the Wii U pro controller to sync with Nintendont on my regular Wii. Anyone know what I need to do for this? Before launching the game in the Nintendont game select menu, I've been hitting the sync buttons on both the Wii U pro controller and the Wii, but it never seems to sync up, I've also tried the same while in a gamecube game thats been launched from Nintendont, but still, no luck.
you need to press sync in the wii menu not homebrew channel or nintendont, the controller will flash afew times and power out that means he has synced, after the game actualy starts using nintendont just press any buttom to use the controller.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to press sync in the wii menu not homebrew channel or nintendont, the controller will flash afew times and power out that means he has synced, after the game actualy starts using nintendont just press any buttom to use the controller.

Ah! Much thanks, somehow I missed this instruction or misunderstood it and thought the syncing needed to be done in the Nintendont menu.

ewzzy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ewzzy.com
XP
Country
United States
I've run into a problem. I had Nintendont working. Everything was fine, but then I tried to switch from USB Loader GX to Wiiflow for plugin support. I'm not sure what I did, but now I can't get it to work.

I'm on a Wii U after migrating from a Wii after wireless Classic Controller support was added. I'm on the latest builds of everything. Both Wiiflow and USB Loader GX run into the same errors now.

If I have my HDD in the rear lower USB port Nintendont hangs on "Checking FS..." and if it's in the rear upper USB it stops at "Init HID devices... Plug Controller in BOTTOM REAR usb port"

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Khar00f

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've run into a problem. I had Nintendont working. Everything was fine, but then I tried to switch from USB Loader GX to Wiiflow for plugin support. I'm not sure what I did, but now I can't get it to work.

I'm on a Wii U after migrating from a Wii after wireless Classic Controller support was added. I'm on the latest builds of everything. Both Wiiflow and USB Loader GX run into the same errors now.

If I have my HDD in the rear lower USB port Nintendont hangs on "Checking FS..." and if it's in the rear upper USB it stops at "Init HID devices... Plug Controller in BOTTOM REAR usb port"

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

If you are using the Wii U Pro controller then you are using Bluetooth, the init hid error is when nintendont is looking for controller.ini but is unable to find it.

To fix t error simply disable hid device from within the settings of nintendont.

Hope it helps

Trophies
Website
silenceisdefeat.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to map the 'exit to loader' and in-game reset to the wiimote, just because.

Finally got around to trying this today but it didn't work. It seems like I'm missing something, I defined the new buttons in both global.h and BT.h
I put the code into PADRead around the BTPad area like so:
Code:
if(BTPad[chan].button & WM_BUTTON_HOME)
goto Shutdown;

if(BTPad[chan].button & WM_BUTTON_DOWN)
{
/* reset status 3 */
*reset = 0x3DEA;
}
else /* for held status */
*reset = 0;
Which is exactly like the existing code for the GC, hid and the BT pads. I also tried the hex values with the same result. I'm thinking the problem is the place in PADRead to put the code... ? In any case that's something I can only prove if someone else tried mapping something to the wiimote to confirm it works just like that.

I don't think the remote is actually initialized ingame.
Those buttons appear to be handled by FPad.h

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. how exactly do I add double disc games to my games folder. Right now all of my game folders follow the same rule as wbfs Wii games. For example...

SD > games > game title [123ABC]

in the case of a double disc game, would it be this?

SD > games > game title disc 1 [123ABC]
SD > games > game title disc 2 [123ABC]

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a question. how exactly do I add double disc games to my games folder. Right now all of my game folders follow the same rule as wbfs Wii games. For example...

SD > games > game title [123ABC]

in the case of a double disc game, would it be this?

SD > games > game title disc 1 [123ABC]
SD > games > game title disc 2 [123ABC]

no, both isos go in the same folder. Disc 1 is "game.iso" and disc 2 is "disc2.iso". That's all

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sweet! Thanks! Now do I need to exit disc 1 and enter disc 2 when needed or is that handled automatically?

Nintendont has auto-swap discs. You can test this by loading a game from Disc 2 and creating a new game. It will ask to insert the first disc, but it will do it on its own soon afterwards.

gi5431

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I've got nintendont running but it's really unstable. It will boot games and it is playable when working but it crashes like 50% of the time (maybe more). It will usually crash on boot but sometimes it will crash when a game is running. I downloaded the .dol file both from the code.google page and the link at the beginning of this thread (meta data came from code.google both times). Installation and setup configuration were pretty standard - The only settings that are user specified is the memory card emulation set to 'yes' at 251 blocks and I run games from my USB HDD drive. I open nintendont through HBC but I also have a forwarder installed.
I'm also having trouble with my wireless classic controller pro - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Does anyone have any ideas why it is so unstable? And does anyone know why the pad only works sometimes? Thanks

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I've got nintendont running but it's really unstable. It will boot games and it is playable when working but it crashes like 50% of the time (maybe more). It will usually crash on boot but sometimes it will crash when a game is running. I downloaded the .dol file both from the code.google page and the link at the beginning of this thread (meta data came from code.google both times). Installation and setup configuration were pretty standard - The only settings that are user specified is the memory card emulation set to 'yes' at 251 blocks and I run games from my USB HDD drive. I open nintendont through HBC but I also have a forwarder installed.
I'm also having trouble with my wireless classic controller pro - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Does anyone have any ideas why it is so unstable? And does anyone know why the pad only works sometimes? Thanks
Why don't you post games you are having problems with? I'm using v2.157 and everything is working perfect

OzDok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I quoted you awhile back, I'm also having that problem but currently there's no way to fix it; on my end it is random so you can manage to progress after a few tries. I re-added the log to the compatibility list so the devs can try to fix it.

I am also having this problem with Path of Radiance, so I spent a little while fiddling with it to make it work. It seems to be related to the memory card emulation, as you can play through the game with no freezes without using a memcard. If you set your memcard to 59 blocks you'll be able to pass the first chapter screen (not prologue) with no issues, but you'll still freeze at the Chapter 2 screen using any size emulated memory card.

As Dios Mios also had issues with Fire Emblem and emulated memory cards, I'd imagine that's the source of the problem.

gi5431

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you post games you are having problems with? I'm using v2.157 and everything is working perfect

I've been experimenting with double dash, 4 swords and zelda collectors edition. They are all on the compatible games list posted on this site. I was planning on getting the full game library when it's all functioning correctly

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been experimenting with double dash, 4 swords and zelda collectors edition. They are all on the compatible games list posted on this site. I was planning on getting the full game library when it's all functioning correctly

I can confirm that double dash has 100% perfect compatibility with Nintendont. Something is severely wrong on your end because all 3 of those games should be working without crashes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...