Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
lol bluetooth controllers are still not suported dkn what you have been smoking, you cant use classic controllers or pro controllers without a usb adaptor.

Before Duffmann edited his post, he wrongly asked for USB, that's why mat128 said that :P

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol bluetooth controllers are still not suported dkn what you have been smoking, you cant use classic controllers or pro controllers without a usb adaptor.
but Wii U gamecube official adapter for Smash Bros. could be supported, at least as HID controller Player 2. So, what do you think? FIX94

I mean, it's more easier and quick than bluetooth Wii-Remote support.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
All we can really do is speculate about that GC adapter right now. If it requires some crazy driver like an Xbox controller, then I wouldn't expect it to be easier or smoother. It's not possible to know at this point.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
So, uh Sonic Mega Collection now has sound and doesn't freeze when calling the Z button menu. Time to test my second theory that this game has audio distortion and gets out of sync when played with Devolution. If this doesn't happen in Nintendont I can pretty much assume tueidj messed up somewhere, too bad I can't prove it to him. So far this makes three games Nintendont plays better than devo.

Well, made it to the third zone in Sonic 2, no desync or distortion, needs more testing though.

Sonic Gems Collection still has all emulated games mute and with a high chance of crashing at "now loading".
Thought the mute issue would be related since they are possibly using the same emulation core.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, uh Sonic Mega Collection now has sound and doesn't freeze when calling the Z button menu. Time to test my second theory that this game has audio distortion and gets out of sync when played with Devolution. If this doesn't happen in Nintendont I can pretty much assume tueidj messed up somewhere, too bad I can't prove it to him. So far this makes three games Nintendont plays better than devo.

Well, made it to the third zone in Sonic 2, no desync or distortion, needs more testing though.

Sonic Gems Collection still has all emulated games mute and with a high chance of crashing at "now loading".
Thought the mute issue would be related since they are possibly using the same emulation core.

Post version and if memory card emulation is on and i'll add it to the list.

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Aha thanks for that... I will try and setup a compile environment and tie that to the progressive settings unless someone beats me to it.

It should be enough to add an "If (TriGame)" right before that line, isn't it? TriGame is a variable that it's on 0 unless the game detected is Mario GP1, FzeroAX, etc... and it's already set (because it has just checked for the games) before the line crediar mentioned, so it should work to skip the patch if it's a triforce game. Not sure if it would also need to check if progressive is enabled but you can try it and report back.

Edit: Nevermind, I just read the code again and what crediar pointed out works only for mario kart GP. so adding an if there would be pointless.

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
It should be enough to add an "If (TriGame)" right before that line, isn't it? TriGame is a variable that it's on 0 unless the game detected is Mario GP1, FzeroAX, etc... and it's already set (because it has just checked for the games) before the line crediar mentioned, so it should work to skip the patch if it's a triforce game. Not sure if it would also need to check if progressive is enabled but you can try it and report back.
Sure just to force progressive scan it should be enough to disable that line as Crediar said, but I'd prefer if it was done properly and took notice of settings for video mode...
I personally force progressive scan, but forcing it for all is a BAD idea.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sure just to force progressive scan it should be enough to disable that line as Crediar said, but I'd prefer if it was done properly and took notice of settings for video mode...
I personally force progressive scan, but forcing it for all is a BAD idea.

I just edited my post, the line crediar pointed out is inside the Mario Kart GP patches (if that's what they are) so it would only apply to that game, you'll have to find a different approach as you originally meant to do (if you want progressive with other games when they work, i mean).

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
I just edited my post, the line crediar pointed out is inside the Mario Kart GP patches (if that's what they are) so it would only apply to that game, you'll have to find a different approach as you originally meant to do (if you want progressive with other games when they work, i mean).
I think you misunderstand my intentions...

I just want to check if the user has progressive forced in his settings before forcing progressive for , at this point in time, MKGP.
If you force progressive and the user only has phono cables, then they won't see the game...
I don't want to do the easy thing and just comment out that line compile for myself and forget - I'd rather try and give something useful for everyone if I'm to take the time to setup DevKitPro and libOGC and so forth.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think you misunderstand my intentions...

I just want to check if the user has progressive forced in his settings before forcing progressive for , at this point in time, MKGP.
If you force progressive and the user only has phono cables, then they won't see the game...
I don't want to do the easy thing and just comment out that line compile for myself and forget - I'd rather try and give something useful for everyone if I'm to take the time to setup DevKitPro and libOGC and so forth.

I know what you want to do; that's why in my mind I thought something like ( If TriGame && Is_Progressive_Scan() ) right before that line would suffice, that is, if there was a check for progressive scan in the file; however, I realized that the patches are applied individually and the line crediar mentioned was only for MKGP. That's why it would be better to try and do it in a different way that applies to all games or just copy paste and use the same approach for each game.

In any case, my point was that you'd have to make it work for all games and not just MKGP, since you're going to take the time to code and all, might as well not leave half the work undone, right?

Reactions: pokeparadox

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
tested afew more games and found some of them now fully working i updated the compat list

NFL blitz 2003
nba street
nba street vol.2
nba street V3(mario luig and peach are playable? lol that caught me off guard xD)

Reactions: bm123456 and Dondaa

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tested afew more games and found some of them now fully working i updated the compat list

NFL blitz 2003
nba street
nba street vol.2
nba street V3(mario luig and peach are playable? lol that caught me off guard xD)

That is cool, last I tried nba street was broken! awesome job.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I don't forgive you