Hacking Nintendont

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I wasn't sure whether or not to ask this in the Nintendont section or not, but it is relevant. I try to launch gamecube games through usb loader GX, and its not allowing me to do it via usb, only SD. Has nintendont support been pulled from usb loader gx 3.0? Because it had support previously. Nintendont works 100%, its just that its trying to launch through DML and not nintendont

No, there are still both versions, they use the same loader.dol for SD and HDD.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wiiflow has an animated splash, so I suppose it's possible to do something for nintendont, but in any case it is too early to think about that kind of thing when devs are more focused on getting more compatibility and new features. Your offer is appreciated though, thanks.

Ps: am i the only one that doesn't really dislike the command-line style boot nintendont shows? I think it's better than waiting while looking at an animation wondering why it's taking long (if it's caching from the cache file)
Thanks.
That's because the project has not reached its maturity, and has lots of things to be worked on related to compatibility. So using animation on this part of development would obviously not be good (except for the testing purposes).
I never said that something like this should be implemented now.. ...but there's no reason for not thinking about this problem early though. It's advised actually, since animation usually takes time. And I not asking for devs to stop working on compatibility issues to animate for me too. Just asked about the interworks of the video implementation in this case (how the video should be prepared so it works on the console and stuff..)
Devs and/or other people could help with this interworks ...it doesn't need to be done now, but since I don't know at what extent this things are known, maybe this progress of understanding should be embraced more early on..

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
update to the latest version, rev 1226 I think it is; check Cyan's signature. Or try the update option in LoaderGX, it should find the latest version on its own. If you don't have the latest version it will say "only sd is allowed"

Also, make sure you have "Nintendont" selected in the settings for Gamecube Loader, and check the path to nintendont's folder in the Custom Path settings.

Well this was totally my fault, accidentally downgraded thinking it was an upgrade, thanks guys

WiiFreasko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
testing 1.75 and it seems my GC controller is acting weird.
it stopped working in Mario Strikers, it worked with MArio GP 1 until the race starts then I can't move!!!

Edit: the other games work fine, so it's only Mario Strikers and GP problem with the new controller code

same thing with rev 1.76 :(

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
v1.76 works better (than 1.75)for me with Mario Kart GP1.
(Wii U pro controller+Mayflash adapter)

I only can run "one round" (v1.75) with GP1 (then got stuck) but
I can run "several rounds" by v1.76.

However,there is a little "lag" no matter I run through SD card
or USB device. (v1.75 and v1.76 are the same)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Every game freezes or blackscreens for me using r75 and r76 guess im stuck on r72 for now. Edit= Got resident evil and brawl to work but most games are broken for me.

why do you say that and didnt give us some details how r73 and r74 work?

D

Deleted User

For me, all gc games run smoother on USB than SD Card, I'm currently using 1.76 [R76] right now, and my wired DS4 Pad works fine.

Tested console
WiiU 32GB Deluxe US release.
FW : 4.1.0 U
Nintendont 1.76 [R76]

Tested games
RE2
RE : Rebirth
Mario Sunshine
Soul Calibur 2

for some reason, my RE:Rebirth gets frozen on SD Card, and it reads slower than my USB HDD.
8057334.01.prod.jpg

This is TLC based SD Card, maybe I should've gotten MLC ones..

$_12.JPG

Brand : Seagate
Size : 1TB
Model number : 1D6AP6-500
Interface : USB 3.0 / 2.5" Portable
Partition :
-FAT32 Primary
-NTFS Secondary

All my GC games run fine with this HDD :)

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For me, all gc games run smoother on USB than SD Card, I'm currently using 1.76 [R76] right now, and my wired DS4 Pad works fine. for some reason, my RE:Rebirth gets frozen on SD Card, and it reads slower than my USB HDD.All my GC games run fine with HDD :)
About the slower/faster bit, HDD should be faster than SD in any case..although i heard some say that is not always right.. can't confirm it though.

felipecabralf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v1.76 works better (than 1.75)for me with Mario Kart GP1.
(Wii U pro controller+Mayflash adapter)

I only can run "one round" (v1.75) with GP1 (then got stuck) but
I can run "several rounds" by v1.76.

However,there is a little "lag" no matter I run through SD card
or USB device. (v1.75 and v1.76 are the same)

Same for me here, the game is kinda "laggy", there are some "hiccups" when playing the "round". But the overall is running fine (Wii U + PS3 controller).

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mariokart gp1 here works from SD, but it's very slow, the games have a intermmitence stop (it's like press pause intermittence, but probably it's my sd very slow).
AX from usb giveme blacksceen (same games works with quadforce 4.1)

Strange.. with mario kart gp1 i have press L + R + X (gc controller with wii) and i have "discover" this screen
http://imgur.com/8IvEv0M

EDIT: from usb the game (gp1) is fast! the fps rate isn't perfect but the game is fast and playable, sometimes game stop to read and i get blackscreen...

Mario kart gp2 freeze on "camera" , "YOU MAY NOT USE THE CAMERA NOW." write the game , and i listen the common BZZZZ freeze (audio freeze buffer??)

fzeroAX = blackscreen

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Rename the game folder to the ID too, only the ID and the gct file inside it along with the game.iso

Mmm... OK, but I have the cache.txt, anyway I don't think it will be problems, I will change the ID, thanks!

PD: Have you tried my game cache for Shadow The Hedgehog?

EDIT: the cheats doesn't load, I have the game ID name folder, the ID game name .gct and it is with the game.iso

Dondaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just uploaded r77, now mario strikers should be controllable again and melee and air ride should not freeze on the smallest action.

Can confirm Smash Bros. Melee works now.
Instead of it freezing after I select a stage, it now loaded the stage and I was able to do a full match, thanks dood~

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Mmm... OK, but I have the cache.txt, anyway I don't think it will be problems, I will change the ID, thanks!

PD: Have you tried my game cache for Shadow The Hedgehog?

EDIT: the cheats doesn't load, I have the game ID name folder, the ID game name .gct and it is with the game.iso

Do you have kenobiwii.bin in the sneek folder and the Cheats option enabled in nintendont?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.