Hacking Nintendont

Argonitious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the Gamestop controller was made for the Xbox 360, it likely does not use the HID interface. I do not own a Gamestop 360 controller. I am assuming that it works just like an official Microsoft Xbox 360 controller, which does not use HID. Also, I do not know if it will ever be supported by Nintendont. I hope it will, since an Xbox 360 controller is a great controller.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drakorex, according to http://controllermax.com/products/cronusmax/ the CronusMax does not require special drivers. It probably makes the controller work with the HID protocol.

Can't it be the wired version as well, I have an Xbox 360 controller I use for my PC as it's less problematic than the wireless, generally speaking. If it's a workaround, then that'd be great news for this app.

Reactions: _KenshinX

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
v1.72 doesn't boot Shadow The Hedgehog NTSC-U. Tried erasing nconfig, nloader, with MCEmu, w/o it, nothing, justblack screen.
Can anyone confirm if further versions do the same?

bobthebigbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
r74 is crashing Wind Waker on my Wii too. After pressing start it crashes to black or turns off the Wii.
I deleted nincfg.bin off both SD and USB before trying the first time so it isn't that.
The last revision I had no problems is r66 (apart from the wrong date on the savegame). But I've only tried r69 and r74.

Argonitious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the_randomizer said:
Can't it be the wired version as well, I have an Xbox 360 controller I use for my PC as it's less problematic than the wireless, generally speaking. If it's a workaround, then that'd be great news for this app.

The reply function didn't work correctly, sorry about that.

The website doesn't have any specific details, but I think the CronusMax works with all types of Xbox 360 controllers. Unfortunately, I don't own the CronusMax. I am just going by the information on the website. (I'm saying "I don't" quite often today, aren't I? :huh: )

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
ShadowOne333 I have finished my cache.txt for Shadow The Hedgehog :) , but I didn't tested it if it works, so tomorrow I will say if it works or not, the game boot should be faster because I've cached all the boot archives, but I can't cache all the levels because it will happend the same thing like Super Mario Sunshine, I think this cache put to their limits to the Wii RAM, it has 220 lines and it keep 19MB aprox, but it doesn't matter.

_KenshinX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Confirmed... Madcatz 360 USB controller is HID... 'cause I attached it to PC and these are the VID & PID values

hid-madcatz.jpg

VID_0738
PID_4716

But when I test it in HIDTEST on Wii...it stays loading
"Getting list of HID compatible devices..."

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed... Madcatz 360 USB controller is HID... 'cause I attached it to PC and these are the VID & PID values

View attachment 8114

VID_0738
PID_4716

But when I test it in HIDTEST on Wii...it stays loading
"Getting list of HID compatible devices..."

Very interesting indeed, but I wonder if Nintendont still thinks it's using the Xinput API instead.

_KenshinX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Very interesting indeed, but I wonder if Nintendont still thinks it's using the Xinput API instead.

but it's an hope... at least it could be possible to add support on future loader or hidtest (.dol) ?

If the devs needs more info about the hardware values (other than pid/vid); just ask me... I really want to get this controller working with Nintendont

Hugo Bruno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Someone who has completed the Resident Evil Code Veronica X in Nintendont review and tell me you used? Is that going near the end of disc one but the game freezes.
I have v1.72

Ignore the message. The v.1.74 solved the part where my game froze.

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v1.75
Fix disc swapping.
-Also clears cache when swapping discs.
Use corrected ARStartDMA for all games for interrupt timing. (Original attempt
missed an exchange for r6/r7).

I only tried the disc swap with Tales of Symphonia when starting a New Game from disc 2.

zombieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v1.75
Fix disc swapping.
-Also clears cache when swapping discs.
Use corrected ARStartDMA for all games for interrupt timing. (Original attempt
missed an exchange for r6/r7).

I only tried the disc swap with Tales of Symphonia when starting a New Game from disc 2.
Is the disk swap automatic or do you have to press a certain button?

WiiFreasko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
testing 1.75 and it seems my GC controller is acting weird.
it stopped working in Mario Strikers, it worked with MArio GP 1 until the race starts then I can't move!!!

Edit: the other games work fine, so it's only Mario Strikers and GP problem with the new controller code

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so my hdd got corrupted and i lost all my saves :S does anyone have a nintendont metroid prime save? i saved right after i had the spider ball if anyone has any save so i dont have to start from scratch i would apreciate.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Seeing as disc-swap is now working how feasible would it be for a patch that fixes games that load an external .dol for collection/demo games? It's not mentioned in the list "Features Nintendont doesn't support yet". DM never got that fix but had a workaround by having a disc inserted, I imagine that doesn't apply here.

RikuCrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I have the ps3 ini on the card and its plugged in. but it still won't work.

Is there anything I have to do besides plugging the cable in and pressing the PS Button?

Black Australian Wii, latest nintendon't, playing Wind Waker.

D

Deleted User

Has any one experienced any issue with Resident EVIL 2 NTSC-U / Resident Evil Rebirth NTSC-U version?
I tested on my vWii with 1.75 version and using PS3 pad
I can create memory card and get to see opening movie clips and explore the game menus on both games, but as soon as I start playing it kicks back to WiiU menu. [I didn't click select button or any button combo]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Morning