Hacking Nintendont

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
lol the max a game should take is like 2 min if it doesnt boot it wont boot for instance over the hedje takes 50 seconds

Yeah, some games take an absurdly long time to boot in Nintendont, like Ikaruga. It takes upwards of 2 minutes without a cache. With a cache, it takes about 5 seconds to get past the initial loading screen.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've seen people mention that Nintendont creates 3 files when it boots. I know what the first two are: ninconfig.bin and ndebug.log, but what's the third one?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've seen people mention that Nintendont creates 3 files when it boots. I know what the first two are: ninconfig.bin and ndebug.log, but what's the third one?

If I understood the code correctly, it creates a nincfg.bin in the device where you have nintendont's dol and another in the device where you have the games. So it would be those two plus the log file, i think

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
It writes to the file then. That's 2 files it writes to. Nincfg.bin and meta.xml. Are those file writes absolutely necessary.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It writes to the file then. That's 2 files it writes to. Nincfg.bin and meta.xml. Are those file writes absolutely necessary.

I like to have the description in HBC up to date without manually editing the meta.xml each time i update the app. That's why I commited that change to the code. I actually wanted it to write only if the version in the file was different, but I wasn't sure how to do it.

Feel free to improve that code if you can, the devs have other stuff In their agenda and the code works as it is so it was accepted.

Reactions: sion_zaphod

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like to have the description in HBC up to date without manually editing the meta.xml each time i update the app. That's why I commited that change to the code. I actually wanted it to write only if the version in the file was different, but I wasn't sure how to do it.

Feel free to improve that code if you can, the devs have other stuff In their agenda and the code works as it is so it was accepted.

You wouldn't happen to know why 1.71 doesn't have a boot.dol file would you? I'm confused as to why there isn't one to download on the Google Code page, as JuanLeOnardO pointed out. Just thought you'd need a heads up ;)

Edit: Got ninja'd below

hmm, at least compiling isn't that hard
Yeah, I've bad luck compiling source codes, I'm the last one on earth to touch compilers with a ten foot pole; I was merely pointing out that some attention should be drawn to the fact there was no .dol file despite having a commission made on the Google Code page, nothing more. I hope that someone adds the file.

My guess would be that the code wasn't so big that it would have an immediate impact on user experience, since the commit didn't change the version either. Other than that, the only explanation would be that crediar forgot to compile it before committing.

Even so, Etheboss is right. Nintendont is easy to compile.

Again, since that's the case, no harm no foul, with that said, I don't trust myself at all when it comes to compiling, even if it's a simple process.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
v1.71 is up; but no .dol
What's up with that? Shouldn't there be one? Kinda trivial releasing a new version without it. That would mean that if 1.71 cannot be tested by any of the users, why would the Google Code page need to be updated? Confusing.
hmm, at least compiling isn't that hard

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If I understood the code correctly, it creates a nincfg.bin in the device where you have nintendont's dol and another in the device where you have the games. So it would be those two plus the log file, i think

Thanks. I won't concern myself with the XML file.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My guess would be that the change wasn't so big that it would have an immediate impact on user experience, since the commit didn't change the version either. Other than that, the only explanation would be that crediar forgot to compile it before committing.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My guess would be that the change wasn't so big that it would have an immediate impact on user experience, since the commit didn't change the version either. Other than that, the only explanation would be that crediar forgot to compile it before committing.

or there was no change to effect the end user so why bother passing out a dol that will act no different then the last revision ..... sounds like preperation for something big

ruddfu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i followed every step (on my wii) on both sd card and usb, but when the game loaded it automatically tried to use the gamecube ports, instead of my ps3 dualshock. I have the controller.ini set up. the controller is plugged into the back usb port. what am i doing wrong?

Reactions: Oak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I'm not supporting Coke right now, as Africa is supporting russia with troops :creep: