Hacking Nintendont

barak06

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, you can use a PS3 controller via usb, the controller ini for it should be in the first post. You should try it out with HIDTest to see if every button is responding correctly.

You connect it to the Back top port in Wii and bottom port if Wii U, if I recall right. If your HDD needs a second USB to get power from, you'll have to connect it to a different source or try to use the front port for that, which may require an extension for the cable.

THX ! :yayps3:

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Where can I get the latest version of USB Loader GX?

Look for the official post in google or find any of Cyan's post in this thread, the link is on his signature

I always have the same problem in HID
does not recognize the settings of ps3 control of what could be?
http://gbatemp.net/attachments/img_0791-jpg.7266/

I'll take a guess and say that you might have forgotten to rename the ini as controller.ini, you may also need it to be on the sd card or the HIDTest folder.

I get that Failed to open config message when I open HIDTest without a controller.ini

Reactions: Felipe Vasconcelos

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm FARR too lazy to look around to see if this has been asked, but, how do I go about getting my saves on my physical Memory card to the emulated Memory Card in Nintendont? I tried dumping a .raw file with GCMM and naming it ninmem.raw but that doesn't seem to work and the game just says it's corrupted and needs to be formatted.

I have the same issue. All games say that the memory card is corrupted, snd that's not true since I used the same raw file for Devolution and that one is working fine.

Anyhelp with this? I have the ninmem.raw in the saves folder in my HDD.

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People sorry if annoyng but: people with Hollywood 0x21 (check it with syscheckHD) have that problem? :
Select game, video shutdown (is possible see for 1/4 sec the error -1kernel error)???
Normally the black wii and wii family have the revision 2 of hollywood.

It's better if you talk about this with JoostinOnline or GreyRogue since you seem to know something no else does. Most of the replies to you suggest that the new Hollywood revision indeed is the cause of the kernel -1 error.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I get "No messages." when I boot Paper Mario RPG. I think it's related to the memory card, but I don't remember. I know it's the same crash I had on DiosMios. I don't remember what I did to make it work.

Paper Mario RPG
DSP: ??
Size: 574MB

Could anyone add a "Force Japanese language" settings to Nintendon't?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So I get "No messages." when I boot Paper Mario RPG. I think it's related to the memory card, but I don't remember. I know it's the same crash I had on DiosMios. I don't remember what I did to make it work.

Paper Mario RPG
DSP: ??
Size: 574MB

Could anyone add a "Force Japanese language" settings to Nintendon't?

Have you tried disabling Memory Card Emulation? As for the language, you could try using LoaderGX to force the language, but unless you wait till rev 1219 you'll have to use nintendont r42 to try that (I'm not even sure if that would work, but it's worth the try if you really want japanese language)

Felipe Vasconcelos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Where can I get the latest version of USB Loader GX?​
Look for the official post in google or find any of Cyan's post in this thread, the link is on his signature

Felipe Vasconcelos said:
I always have the same problem in HID
does not recognize the settings of ps3 control of what could be?
http://gbatemp.net/attachments/img_0791-jpg.7266/
I'll take a guess and say that you might have forgotten to rename the ini as controller.ini, you may also need it to be on the sd card or the HIDTest folder.

I get that Failed to open config message when I open HIDTest without a controller.ini​

the controller.ini this in sd, but still does not load in hidtest.

is at the root of the card or hid inside the folder?

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried disabling Memory Card Emulation? As for the language, you could try using LoaderGX to force the language, but unless you wait till rev 1219 you'll have to use nintendont r42 to try that (I'm not even sure if that would work, but it's worth the try if you really want japanese language)
Memory Card isn't the issue. The game actually relies on the console language. When it's set to English, you will get a red Nintendo Logo and when you go past the main Paper Mario RPG screen, you will get "No Messages.". I have found a code to make it work (Not sure if it will work).

tl;dr need to force the language to Japanese for the game to work.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Memory Card isn't the issue. The game actually relies on the console language. When it's set to English, you will get a red Nintendo Logo and when you go past the main Paper Mario RPG screen, you will get "No Messages.". I have found a code to make it work (Not sure if it will work).

tl;dr need to force the language to Japanese for the game to work.

Ah, I understand now, sorry. In that case I'd suggest you try using nintendont r42 together with LoaderGX 1218 mod05 (check the thread or Cyan's signature) and see if you can use the force language settings in the loader to force it as japanese.

Edit: Just in case, I want to clarify that I have no idea if loadergx can actually affect the language game since it's only working as a faster access to nintendont. Therefore there's a high probability it will not work and you're better off playing that (and any other game that needs a particular non-english language) on your pc using Dolphin.

the controller.ini this in sd, but still does not load in hidtest.

is at the root of the card or hid inside the folder?

For nintendont the controller.ini must be on the root of the device where you store your games, so if you're playing from an HDD you'd have it on the HDD as well. I don't know if the same applies to the HIDTest, but you can try.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I understand now, sorry. In that case I'd suggest you try using nintendont r42 together with LoaderGX 1218 mod05 (check the thread or Cyan's signature) and see if you can use the force language settings in the loader to force it as japanese.
Doing that brings me to Nintendon't where it crashes when I select "USB". Selecting SD doesn't make it crash.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think Cyan mentioned LoaderGX requires you to have loader.dol and loaderusb.dol in nintendont's folder (it's the same file but with different name) that might be why it's crashing for you. If it doesn't work then you'll have to wait until someday there's a language selector in nintendont.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Party 5 NTSC-U works fine with r44 of Nintendon't.

Only if I had friends to play Mario Party 5 with, but Mario Party ruined all those friendships.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Party 5 NTSC-U works fine with r44 of Nintendon't.

Only if I had friends to play Mario Party 5 with, but Mario Party ruined all those friendships.

I always play teams with friends on mario party so we don't have to deal with those issues.

People have said Mario party gives white screen when loading minigames. I have never experienced this.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always play teams with friends on mario party so we don't have to deal with those issues.

People have said Mario party gives white screen when loading minigames. I have never experienced this.
Minigames works fine on my end for Mario Party 5.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
tested yet still does not recognize the control in hidtest.
I do not know what else to do.

Do you have the controller connected in the back usb port? What console do you have? If it's a Wii the controller must be on the upper port, a Wii U uses it on the bottom one, i think. I'm asking just in case because i don't remember if you mentioned this.

Sorry, I forgot about the picture you attached before, the issue is only about the config file not being recognized... Not sure what the problem might be, It worked fine for me when i tested it.

Felipe Vasconcelos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
tested yet still does not recognize the control in hidtest.​
I do not know what else to do.​
Do you have the controller connected in the back usb port? What console do you have? If it's a Wii the controller must be on the upper port, a Wii U uses it on the bottom one, i think. I'm asking just in case because i don't remember if you mentioned this.
Sorry, I forgot about the picture you attached before, the issue is only about the config file not being recognized... Not sure what the problem might be, It worked fine for me when i tested it.​

Wii U is, already tried everything but always the same hid the test loads controle.ini , even acknowledging the control ps3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3