Hacking Nintendont

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do you exit Nintendont if the Wiimote loses its sync with the Wii U console? I've tried powering down both the gamepad and console, but the console won't shut itself off unless I pull the plug.

Also, is there any way to convert CISO files to make them compatible with TeconMoon for VC Injection?

_47iscool

Feststellend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who else has noticed that with more updates certain gecko codes cause a crash?
For instance this on WInd Waker (GZLE01)

wind independent deku leaf glide speed accelerator
0414D244 C041001C
04109194 40800018
041091AC D03E0254
203CA8D4 00000020
C214D244 00000002
3D808000 618C2EB0
C04C0000 00000000
04109194 48000018
C21091AC 00000002
3D808000 C02C2EB4
D03E0254 00000000
243ED85D 00000000
8000000A 3DD55555
8220000B 803ED85C
88A0000A 0000000B
88900009 0000000A
84200009 80002EB4
203ED85D 00000000
24002EB4 41900000
26002EB4 A0000000
86900009 BDD55555
84200009 80002EB4
E2000003 00000000
283ED84A FEFF0100
80000009 41900000
84200009 80002EB4
E0000000 80008000
press R to accelerate (pressure sensitive)

nowthen

Trophies
XP
Country
HI
I've modded my wii and i have nintendont on it. I have download and i can run mario kart arcade gp 2 and it runs fine.
I'm having trouble with controllers that work with it.
I have a wii remote with a classic controller pro clipped in to it
When i start it mario kart arcade gp2 it just automatically selects memory card straight away and goes to the next screen.
What controllers work with this game and game cube games in nintendont on the wii?
I cant change the memory card option as its like it just gets auto selected a few times.
Does the classic controller pro not work?
Is it just real game cube controllers that work? DO classic controlers plugged in to the wii remote work for this game?
Is it possible to play multi player in mario kart arcade gp2?
I have read through a lot of the threads to get the game working but i'm struggling with this part. Hope somebody can help. Thanks

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How do you exit Nintendont if the Wiimote loses its sync with the Wii U console? I've tried powering down both the gamepad and console, but the console won't shut itself off unless I pull the plug.

Also, is there any way to convert CISO files to make them compatible with TeconMoon for VC Injection?
press the home button on your gamepad

HI
I've modded my wii and i have nintendont on it. I have download and i can run mario kart arcade gp 2 and it runs fine.
I'm having trouble with controllers that work with it.
I have a wii remote with a classic controller pro clipped in to it
When i start it mario kart arcade gp2 it just automatically selects memory card straight away and goes to the next screen.
What controllers work with this game and game cube games in nintendont on the wii?
I cant change the memory card option as its like it just gets auto selected a few times.
Does the classic controller pro not work?
Is it just real game cube controllers that work? DO classic controlers plugged in to the wii remote work for this game?
Is it possible to play multi player in mario kart arcade gp2?
I have read through a lot of the threads to get the game working but i'm struggling with this part. Hope somebody can help. Thanks
If all controllers are official they will work if you have 3rd party/fake wiimotes/classic controllers they can work or not , its a gamble there is no garantee to work.

nintendont supports
wiiu gamepad(wii u only)
wiimote+classic controller
wiimote+classic controller pro
wiiu pro controller
GC controller through the wii gc ports
Gc controller through the wiiu/switch usb adapter
Most hid usb controllers as long as you have an ini file made for them, many already have(ps3,ps4,etc)
wiimote+nunchuck(not recommended since it doesnt have enought buttons to emulate the gc controller)

Obisouly all this depends on using official controllers, if you use fake/3rd party controllers the chance of them not working is big.

Also no you cant play multiplayer on mario kart gp 1 or 2 only single player.

nowthen

Trophies
XP
Country
press the home button on your gamepad

If all controllers are official they will work if you have 3rd party/fake wiimotes/classic controllers they can work or not , its a gamble there is no garantee to work.

nintendont supports
wiiu gamepad(wii u only)
wiimote+classic controller
wiimote+classic controller pro
wiiu pro controller
GC controller through the wii gc ports
Gc controller through the wiiu/switch usb adapter
Most hid usb controllers as long as you have an ini file made for them, many already have(ps3,ps4,etc)
wiimote+nunchuck(not recommended since it doesnt have enought buttons to emulate the gc controller)

Obisouly all this depends on using official controllers, if you use fake/3rd party controllers the chance of them not working is big.

Also no you cant play multiplayer on mario kart gp 1 or 2 only single player.
Thanks for the reply.
I have 2 official wiimotes + classic controller pros.
I haven't tried them too much in nintendont.
I've tried them in all the wii games and work fine
I've only recently modded the wii.
I haven't tried many games in nintendont, mainly mario kart arcade gp2.
When I go in to it, it just seems to automatically select the memory card option and just goes to the next screen. Like the controller has selected it itself. I thought it was an issue with the controller setup i had.
The game plays fine its just in the options setup at the start of the game.

Can 2 players player mario kart arcade gp 2 at the same time?

I don't seem to be able to set that up.
Maybe its not possible.
I've played 2 players with other games like virtua striker in nintendont.

Delighted with the modded wii.
Ive snes channel, usb loader channel, nintendont channels all working great. took a good bit of changing settings and downloading loads of different sofwtaer, but worth it.:D

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, can somebody shed some light on how to solve the issue of the black screen that freezes the Wii U after the Wii logo appears, with VC injected GCN games and not ones run through the vWii?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for the reply.
I have 2 official wiimotes + classic controller pros.
I haven't tried them too much in nintendont.
I've tried them in all the wii games and work fine
I've only recently modded the wii.
I haven't tried many games in nintendont, mainly mario kart arcade gp2.
When I go in to it, it just seems to automatically select the memory card option and just goes to the next screen. Like the controller has selected it itself. I thought it was an issue with the controller setup i had.
The game plays fine its just in the options setup at the start of the game.

Can 2 players player mario kart arcade gp 2 at the same time?

I don't seem to be able to set that up.
Maybe its not possible.
I've played 2 players with other games like virtua striker in nintendont.

Delighted with the modded wii.
Ive snes channel, usb loader channel, nintendont channels all working great. took a good bit of changing settings and downloading loads of different sofwtaer, but worth it.:D
the memory card is probably automatic select by default.

I already told you you cant do 2 players in mario kart gp 1 or 2.
Post automatically merged:

So, can somebody shed some light on how to solve the issue of the black screen that freezes the Wii U after the Wii logo appears, with VC injected GCN games and not ones run through the vWii?
are your injects installed into wiiu nand or wiiu formatted usb?

if its the former and you are running tiramisu or aroma then, the chance of blacscreen is very big.

nowthen

Trophies
XP
Country
the memory card is probably automatic select by default.

I already told you you cant do 2 players in mario kart gp 1 or 2.
Post automatically merged:

if its the former and you are running tiramisu or aroma then, the chance of blacscreen is very big.

Cheers for the reply.
Sorry I read that part wrong.

Thanks for the info,

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Strictly Wii U formatted USB HDD. Never touched the NAND except during the initial jailbreak.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You just contradicted your own post--you may want to reread your response.
So, is it more common with games on the NAND or on the HDD?
i didnt contradict, you need games on nand or else they will black screen.

injects be it channels like forwarders for n64 emulators or ps1 ones always need to be on nand on tiramisu/aroma.

i meant the latter instead of the former on my first post.

Reactions: Stormflora

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i didnt contradict, you need games on nand or else they will black screen.

injects be it channels like forwarders for n64 emulators or ps1 ones always need to be on nand on tiramisu/aroma.

i meant the latter instead of the former on my first post.
Got it. The wrong wording was what caused my confusion.

Why is it possible to run other kinds of VC injection from the HDD just fine, but GCN is extremely dodgy?
Is it specifically a Nintendont issue with Tiramisu?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Got it. The wrong wording was what caused my confusion.

Why is it possible to run other kinds of VC injection from the HDD just fine, but GCN is extremely dodgy?
Is it specifically a Nintendont issue with Tiramisu?
like i said not only nintendont

if you use a wii64 forwarder or wiisxrx forwarder , it will be the same deal.
because they are not native vc injections, they run on vwii, the vc injections you probably use are not forwarders like this types.

on cbhc they used to run fine from usb, but became more unstable on tiramisu/aroma

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
like i said not only nintendont

if you use a wii64 forwarder or wiisxrx forwarder , it will be the same deal.
because they are not native vc injections, they run on vwii, the vc injections you probably use are not forwarders like this types.

on cbhc they used to run fine from usb, but became more unstable on tiramisu/aroma
I see, so the issue is just that there isn't any native GCN emulation on the Wii U then.
you can use boot2vwii for forwarders. as long as there's a forwarder on the vwii, it will work with the right title id.
How would one go about setting this up for GCN?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, so the issue is just that there isn't any native GCN emulation on the Wii U then.

you can compile it for nintendont, but I do know if that will help with injects. it was just forwarders in general, sorry for the confusion.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

there isnt any gc emulation on vwii either, since nintendont is not an emulator, its a bridge that runs gc calls into wii calls cpu and such, since both the wii cpu and gpu are basically the same as the gc one, the wiiu side gpu on the other hand is totally different so you would need to actually emulate on the wiiu side.

Last edited by pedro702,

gYonder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hey there! If I’m after the best possible quality on GameCube games for the Wii U - meaning 480p/60Hz and widescreen if it doesn’t mess with pixel aspect ratio - should I then be using USA releases, rather than EU (my system is PAL/EU)? I think only on the USA releases do I get the "progressive prompt". If I enable the progressive + widescreen options - does it matter which version I use? What about the 50/60Hz mode?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey there! If I’m after the best possible quality on GameCube games for the Wii U - meaning 480p/60Hz and widescreen if it doesn’t mess with pixel aspect ratio - should I then be using USA releases, rather than EU (my system is PAL/EU)? I think only on the USA releases do I get the "progressive prompt". If I enable the progressive + widescreen options - does it matter which version I use? What about the 50/60Hz mode?
all usa are default 60hz only so yeah and many have native 480p so overall you should always use usa, if the game doesnt natively have 480p you can force it in the settings, but dont force it if the game already has it, same for widescreen, not all games like to be forced to widescreen tough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1