Hacking Nintendont

LexDG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How difficult is it to compile a new version after adjusting the file. I’m sure I could figure it out if I knew where to look and how to put it back together.
Post automatically merged:

I see this but don’t know what to do with any of it
Post automatically merged:

are you looking at like 136 of that code? I’m trying to figure out if that’s the part I’m looking at too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 38
Last edited by LexDG,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we need @SaulFabre with regards to compiling it on those older versions of ARM, PPC, and libogc. it will not compile for me on this new computer, and it could be an environmental variable problem. I need to check my old pc to see what I have. that's what's causing the freeze when exiting. it requires those specific versions in that image you uploaded.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
we need @SaulFabre with regards to compiling it on those older versions of ARM, PPC, and libogc. it will not compile for me on this new computer, and it could be an environmental variable problem. I need to check my old pc to see what I have. that's what's causing the freeze when exiting. it requires those specific versions in that image you uploaded.
@godreborn

Copypaste from Nintendont's README:

Compiling:​

For compile Nintendont yourself, get the following versions of the toolchain compiling PPC tools:

• devkitARM r53-1
  • devkitPPC r35-2
  • libOGC 1.8.23-1
These versions can be downloaded here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/j0juqb5vvd6z5/devkitPro_archives

On Windows, run the "Build.bat" batch script for build Nintendont.

On Unix, run the "Build.sh" script.

Please use these specific versions for compiling Nintendont, because if you try to compile them on latest dkARM/dkPPC/libOGC, you'll get a lot of compiler warnings and your build will crash when attemping to return to Nintendont menu, so be warned about that.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've got this figured out. the reason it wouldn't build with earlier versions of things was due to an absent environmental variable. I've since correct it, so it shouldn't freeze when exiting. I also think I found where to change it for the pro controller and wiimote. please test this build. I'll keep the old devkitpro folders for now in case this doesn't work. btw, the line you're referring to is just for the gamepad. that's what I changed originally. wiidrc = gamepad. that's its internal name by Nintendo:

1678055128851.png

Attachments

• nintendont.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 46

mario-lucis-caelum

Trophies
XP
Country
How do I make gecko codes work on Nintendon't? I tried the gecko codes from gamehacking dot org but none of them work. When I view the codes while they're in gecko format it's gibberish text/symbols like this:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-06-06-59-15-843_org.bromite.bromite.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-06-06-59-15-843_org.bromite.bromite.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 33

LexDG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've got this figured out. the reason it wouldn't build with earlier versions of things was due to an absent environmental variable. I've since correct it, so it shouldn't freeze when exiting. I also think I found where to change it for the pro controller and wiimote. please test this build. I'll keep the old devkitpro folders for now in case this doesn't work. btw, the line you're referring to is just for the gamepad. that's what I changed originally. wiidrc = gamepad. that's its internal name by Nintendo:

View attachment 357296
YES! THANK YOU!!!

Where did you find that code by the way? I actually fell asleep with my finger on my iPad last night looking for it. 😂

• Love
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES! THANK YOU!!!

Where did you find that code by the way? I actually fell asleep with my finger on my iPad last night looking for it. 😂
I looked up "clockwise," since that's what the drc code mentions. there are only two instances of it, so I assumed the second was for bluetooth controllers.

Dirkat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I "upgraded" to Tiramisu, and now Nintendont doesn't function. Right now, I have a clean SD card that ONLY has tiramisu, nintendont, and bloopair.

Problem 1. Nintendont is NOT in the Homebrew menu. It literally never has been, even on CBHC. I have NEVER been able to access the settings.

Problem 2. When launching an injected GameCube game from the menu, it gets stuck on either black screen, or "initializing virtual 59-block memory card..."

help

LexDG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked up "clockwise," since that's what the drc code mentions. there are only two instances of it, so I assumed the second was for bluetooth controllers.
That was my thinking but I was searching file by file because I couldn’t search for instances of words inside of every file. Again, I can’t even express how much I appreciate this. It will make playing with my children a much more enjoyable experience. They say a very excited THANKS as well.

• Love
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was my thinking but I was searching file by file because I couldn’t search for instances of words inside of every file. Again, I can’t even express how much I appreciate this. It will make playing with my children a much more enjoyable experience. They say a very excited THANKS as well.
yw. if you're interested and on aroma, I compiled a forwarder from the wiiu to the vwii. you do need a forwarder on the vwii in order for it to work, because it sends the information from the wiiu portion to the vwii to the sd card.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I "upgraded" to Tiramisu, and now Nintendont doesn't function. Right now, I have a clean SD card that ONLY has tiramisu, nintendont, and bloopair.

Problem 1. Nintendont is NOT in the Homebrew menu. It literally never has been, even on CBHC. I have NEVER been able to access the settings.

Problem 2. When launching an injected GameCube game from the menu, it gets stuck on either black screen, or "initializing virtual 59-block memory card..."

help
you do realize nintendont is a vwii app right? it will never ever appear on the honebrew launcher for the wiiu side because it isnt a wiiu mode app...

if its getting stuck on memory card make sure your memory card is fat32 and its not locked.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
here's that forwarder, for aroma only:
There's an aroma forwarder for Nintendon't why am i finding about this just now? if only i could use my Dualshock 4 and Dualsense controllers wirelessly... huh, question. would one of those controllers work wireless in Nintendon't with an 8 bito dongle connected to the Wii U?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/i1n5dUCBB5M?si=APPrpzXJVZrkwMIm this is why you don't buy preloaded systems lol