Hacking Nintendont

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try using that. SA2 is Sonic Adventure 2.

I wonder if the cheat codes for widescreen can be hard coded into Nintendont for games that are problematic using the built in Widescreen hack.

They probably can be. I don't know if people will really care to add them into Nintendont. I know I'd like to see that/donate money for that cause.

Reactions: MassiveRican

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
No mirrored text or anything this time?
I wonder if the cheat codes for widescreen can be hard coded into Nintendont for games that are problematic using the built in Widescreen hack.
nope, all looking good, give me a minute I will post pictures :)

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try using that. SA2 is Sonic Adventure 2.

YAY!
No mirrored text or anything this time?

I assume they could be I'm not a coder but it seems (If widescreen enabled>If game code XXXXX>use code XXXXX>launch

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Pokemon XD with Widescreen code:

Thanks to the First post for a quick "how to use cheats" tutorial :P

IMG_20141028_175849.jpgIMG_20141028_180045.jpgIMG_20141028_180312.jpgIMG_20141028_180323.jpg

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
Pac Man World 2 no longer works for me from USB Loader GX in r197 but works fine in r194

I didn't test any games I haven't gotten the time, I was commenting based on the reports I been reading, sorry guys but I only tested Pac-Man World 2 and I can confirm it's broken if you run from USB-Loader GX for some reason, r194 fixes that and I didn't see any updates that interest me since I don't have PSOEIII so I went back to r194.

The issue is with the loader. WiiFlow mastermod latest is now broken against the latest Nintendont. 2.197. Working perfect with 2.196. Can anyone else confirm?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
The issue is with the loader. WiiFlow mastermod 1076 is now broken against the latest Nintendont. 2.197. Working perfect with 2.196. Can anyone else confirm?
I figured so, I hope an update comes soon then.

What was the last rev that sonic adventure and sonic cd didnt have these issues in? Also, what was the last rev that resident evil zero worked without that lockup on disc 2?
I don't know about Resident Evil Zero because I use the Wii version instead, as for Sonic CD it was working fine in r181 and if I remember it broke when Namco Museum fix was implemented, forgot which revision was that, for Sonic Adventure Chao race it was working fine in r164 when the fix was added to Sonic Adventure but I'm not sure when it broke, I tested in r181 and it's broken so it has to be under that, hope this helps!

Reactions: SuperrSonic

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Pokemon XD with Widescreen code:

Thanks to the First post for a quick "how to use cheats" tutorial :P

View attachment 11380View attachment 11381View attachment 11382View attachment 11383
You evolved your Eevee into Espeon!
I should have gone for that one, I chose Water stone but I haven't evolved him yet,
Thanks for the pics!

To any of the devs, can you guys tell us how hard it would be to add the Widescreen cheat codes to the built in hack for those problematic games with Widescreen hack enabled?

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You evolved your Eevee into Espeon!
I should have gone for that one, I chose Water stone but I haven't evolved him yet,
Thanks for the pics!

To any of the devs, can you guys tell us how hard it would be to add the Widescreen cheat codes to the built in hack for those problematic games with Widescreen hack enabled?

Yes, Espeon is my all time favorite :) I miss my level 100 espeon on pokemon gold I sold years ago.

The hardcoded widescreen cheatcode is a good idea ! This one, paper mario, mario kart DD and some more would have benefit from that.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex earlier and noticed that in the load/save dialog the texture for the crystal and gem are missing. Both are white. Using 2.197.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Oh I watched a video of crediar playing it on Nintendont. I thought it might have worked at one point. I guess I'll have to play it on dml for now.

Considering f-zero ax being working now, it may no be impossible to fix mario kart arcade gp2.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I watched a video of crediar playing it on Nintendont. I thought it might have worked at one point. I guess I'll have to play it on dml for now.
I'm pretty sure he was playing it with Quadforce since it never worked in Nintendont, also DM(L) doesn't run MKAGP2 only Quadforce does (and Dolphin for that matter) Fix94 said he and Crediar have no idea why MKAGP2 crashes so until someone can find the error causing it and report it it's unlikely it'll ever be fixed.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I gotta apologize.
I finally got cheat codes to work.

The problem is that I mixed cheat codes from different sources in the same GCT.
This should be added to the OP section for cheat codes.

Also, be careful not to mix PAL with NTSC codes (I didn't hdo that but it causes a similar issue).

Oh and for the record, both Pokemon Widescreen codes I posted work great with Nintendont, no more mirrored text.
Colosseum and XD both tested and working with Widescreen WiiRD Cheat Codes!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So who wants to donate toward the widescreen cheats being hard coded? I would, but I'm broke cuz Ebay took all my money. :/
Let's first list them all in here:
  • Mario Kart Double Dash
  • Kirby's Air Ride
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Animal Crossing
  • Pokemon Colosseum
  • Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
So those are the games that can be Widescreen enhanced by hard coding the WiiRD Widescreen cheat codes into the app since the Widescreen hack in Nintendont has issues with those games.
Can anyone hunt them down in this topic for me? I'm on the phone and will take me forever.
Just type in the search field "Widescreen", Search this topic and in posts by user put my name in it, all those cheat codes should appear in my previous posts.

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's first list them all in here:
  • Mario Kart Double Dash
  • Kirby's Air Ride
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Animal Crossing
  • Pokemon Colosseum
  • Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
So those are the games that can be Widescreen enhanced by hard coding the WiiRD Widescreen cheat codes into the app since the Widescreen hack in Nintendont has issues with those games.

Can anyone hunt them down in this topic for me? I'm on the phone and will take me forever.
Just type in the search field "Widescreen", Search this topic and in posts by user put my name in it, all those cheat codes should appear in my previous posts.

A good start would be the devolution list
- Phantasy Star Online (Episode 1+2)
- Mario Kart: Double Dash
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (full game and demo)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Animal Crossing
- Resident Evil 4
- Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
- Ultimate Spider-Man

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: