Puerto Rico
Went revision testing and this is what I found:

Sonic Gems Collection's dol loading:
v2.149 - Works
v2.150 - Doesn't work

Every version after doesn't work.
Looking at the changelog for that revision(2.150):

"-small asm and multidol loader changes, nothing really worth pointing out"

That was the only multi-dol change so this change must have broken Sonic Gems Collection.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Went revision testing and this is what I found:

Sonic Gems Collection's dol loading:
v2.149 - Works
v2.150 - Doesn't work

Every version after doesn't work.
Looking at the changelog for that revision(2.150):

"-small asm and multidol loader changes, nothing really worth pointing out"

That was the only multi-dol change so this change must have broken Sonic Gems Collection.

Did you try out Sonic CD?
As far as I remember, Sonic CD doesn't boot all the way from 1.127.
The Game Gear and Genesis games did boot afterwards, but Sonic CD has been broken since.
Try opening Sonic CD with both 149 and 156. My bet is that none of the two will run it.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Did you try out Sonic CD?
As far as I remember, Sonic CD doesn't boot all the way from 1.127.
The Game Gear and Genesis games did boot afterwards, but Sonic CD has been broken since.
Try opening Sonic CD with both 149 and 156. My bet is that none of the two will run it.
Sonic CD was indeed broken before, I was talking about Sonic R and Sonic the Fighters.

Just to be clear, there's only three extra dols in Gems Coll, the Game Gear/Genesis emu is a part of the main.dol

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sonic CD was indeed broken before, I was talking about Sonic R and Sonic the Fighters.
Just to be clear, there's only three extra dols in Gems Coll, the Game Gear/Genesis emu is a part of the main.dol

Oh yeah I think I saw that in the Compatibility List a few seconds ago.
I think Sonic Gems Collections might be better of changed to red by now since most of the games are not playable out of the Game Gear ones.

On a side note...

I tried a LOT of different workarounds to get the Digital/Analog triggers mod working.
It does work... But the thing is that I cannot make Mario to run and shoot water at the same time.
He always stops even with the L+ZR combo which makes the value read by Nintendont below FF (I have tried 0x70, 0x80, 0x90, 0xA0 and it is always the same)
Even weirder...
I tried just setting the Full press to 0x80 instead of 0xFF and I STILL get the same response.

I might be overlooking a part of the code that takes effect in this part without me knowing it.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I think Sonic Gems Collections might be better of changed to red by now since most of the games are not playable out of the Game Gear ones.

On a side note...

I tried a LOT of different workarounds to get the Digital/Analog triggers mod working.
It does work... But the thing is that I cannot make Mario to run and shoot water at the same time.
He always stops even with the L+ZR combo which makes the value read by Nintendont below FF (I have tried 0x70, 0x80, 0x90, 0xA0 and it is always the same)
Even weirder...
I tried just setting the Full press to 0x80 instead of 0xFF and I STILL get the same response.

I might be overlooking a part of the code that takes effect in this part without me knowing it.

Don't drop your work, you will eventually get it functionnal ;)

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This Thread gets so much daily work that it's easy for some posts to get buried :P ...so I'll post about my issue again, hope its fine.

Could FIX94 or Howard take a look on this Cyan's post? ...he asked for a opinion before about my issue...
...it's about Nintendont having problems to work when both wii's usb ports are used (especially with memcard emulation ON), even when it's running from Port0.

Also, have you some answer for what I posted here Cyan?
Thanks.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ShadowOne333 Just so I'm clear, are you no longer offering a compiled dol of your buttonswap/rumble mod? Also, are both links in your sig to the same thing?

Yes I still have it.
The one in my signature is that same one (with rumble and UStealth added along with the button swap), only thing is that the link now redirects to a .rar file in which you find two folders.
apps and sc.
The one you should look for is Apps of course, that one has the modified .dol compiled and ready to copy to the SD

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O
Yes I still have it.
The one in my signature is that same one (with rumble and UStealth added along with the button swap), only thing is that the link now redirects to a .rar file in which you find two folders.
apps and sc.
The one you should look for is Apps of course, that one has the modified .dol compiled and ready to copy to the SD
k, cool. Hey, is there any way you can increase the rumble any?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, cool. Hey, is there any way you can increase the rumble any?

Mmmm I would have to take a look at the code in charge of the rumble.
I only followed the instructions by bobmcjr and deleted a line that was preventing the rumble in CCP and Wii U Pro.
I just deleted that line and compile it along with my mod.

QUESTION:
Does anyone know if the Nyko Pro Commander controller is compatible with Nintendont?
This controller might be EXTREMELY useful because it has integrated Analog Triggers.

http://www.nyko.com/products/product-detail/?name=Pro Commander

You can see here:
c700x420.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

On a side note...

Even weirder...

Sorry if I don't understand the mod you're trying to do, but with controller.ini I was able to use L for the stop and aim and R2 for throwing water ... that's the way Mario Sunshine handles the FLUDD mechanic ... analog is water flow and the full clic is the stop and aim but you can easily assign those 2 to different button in controller.ini

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All games broken in v2.153 were fixed in v2.155

Welp, Animal Crossing still freezing after select Progressive........ testing spyro now.

EDIT: Same exact results, all my game freeze still.
I have no idea what is causing this as it worked up until Blutooth was added.

Animal Crossing (Freeze after progressive)
Spyro ETD (Black Screens)........ damn

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry if I don't understand the mod you're trying to do, but with controller.ini I was able to use L for the stop and aim and R2 for throwing water ... that's the way Mario Sunshine handles the FLUDD mechanic ... analog is water flow and the full clic is the stop and aim but you can easily assign those 2 to different button in controller.ini

Yep actually that's the quick fix I thought of.

But the thing is that I want to be able to have a NON-full click of the trigger for BOTH triggers and not just "L".
I can easily assign L= 0x80 for example and that would be it, but I still have the R button to have a middle press.
I want to have the option of pressing L+ZL = Halfway press, same for L+ZR.
And when I press ZR or ZL alone then that would be the full click or full press of the trigger.

Hope I explained myself well.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, Animal Crossing still freezing after select Progressive........ testing spyro now.

EDIT: Same exact results, all my game freeze still.
I have no idea what is causing this as it worked up until Blutooth was added.

Animal Crossing (Freeze after progressive)
Spyro ETD (Black Screens)........ damn

Every game marked green is working for me on the compatibility list.

Try an sd card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, so smart it doesnt even exist