Hacking Nintendont

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just realized that I misunderstood the whole thing. Its a great idea to adjust the button mapping but you were focused on the classic controller pro which I dont own. I thought the normal classic controller would benefit from these changes, too. What a pitty.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's for the gamepad primarily. I don't know if it works for any other controller, but drc is the internal name for the gamepad, and the code has drc in it. maybe it works with the wiimote and classic controller too (not sure). you could ask @ShadowOne333 to reassign those buttons for other controllers, and I could compile it again.

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@godreborn
Great idea, thank you.

@ShadowOne333
Hello. I very much like your idea about changing the button-layout this way. If you have some spare time would you be so kind and prepare the code-lines for the classic controller using these changes, too?
you could ask @ShadowOne333 to reassign those buttons for other controllers, and I could compile it again.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just realized that I misunderstood the whole thing. Its a great idea to adjust the button mapping but you were focused on the classic controller pro which I dont own. I thought the normal classic controller would benefit from these changes, too. What a pitty.
it's for the gamepad primarily. I don't know if it works for any other controller, but drc is the internal name for the gamepad, and the code has drc in it. maybe it works with the wiimote and classic controller too (not sure). you could ask @ShadowOne333 to reassign those buttons for other controllers, and I could compile it again.

Just to be sure, this affects only the DRC (WiiU Gamepad), CCP and CC are unaffected.
The changes made to the Gamepad code could easily be copy-pasted into the Classic Controller Pro's, but CC barely needs any changes, as that one already has analog controls on the shoulder buttons. If at all, perhaps changing the buttons is what you mean?
In that case is just a simple matter of changing the names in the code and that's it, nothing fancy.

Reactions: godreborn

antonyfirst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i have a question: some Wii games (such as Ultimate Shooting Collection) require that I point the wiimote to the tv. But I don't have it and I don't want to do that, I want to play the game on my gamepad (and, those shooters, don't need to be controlled by the wiimote normally). Is there a way to force gamepad usage?

Thanks!!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i have a question: some Wii games (such as Ultimate Shooting Collection) require that I point the wiimote to the tv. But I don't have it and I don't want to do that, I want to play the game on my gamepad (and, those shooters, don't need to be controlled by the wiimote normally). Is there a way to force gamepad usage?

Thanks!!
this is the nintendont thread, nintendont runs gc games so this has nothing to do with nintendont at all.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont

:blank:Forwarder

Two forwarders can be used to launch Nintendont from your System menu:
Install the forwarder version for your console using a Wad Manager.

Wii version - made by Badablek.
WiiU vWii version - made by JoostinOnline

The forwarders are looking for the file located on:
SD:/apps/Nintendont/boot.dol
SD:apps/Nintendont/loader.dol
USB1:/apps/Nintendont/boot.dol
USB1:/apps/Nintendont/loader.dol

[/noquote]
This is just what I was looking for after reading this reddit article. A couple of days ago, I found this one from watching the modder's YouTube video so I installed it and after trying to use it, it doesn't even work. Unfortunately, I wasted my time on their Discord server trying to find a working alternative and the one thing I regret from that negative experience is that I can't get any of that time back, lol.

m4x1m0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's possible to use gbros adaptor on nintendont using the native bloetooth or another adaptor like mayflash magic ns?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's possible to use gbros adaptor on nintendont using the native bloetooth or another adaptor like mayflash magic ns?
not really nintendont is not bt hid only wired hid compatible, you would need to code the bt mopdule yourself to support those devices.

m4x1m0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see a discussion on nintendont github where an user make a config ini for nintendont to use mayflash magic ns.

What module did you mean? Gbros?

Sorry about my english...its too bad

Edit: i can connect the original gc controller with mayflash magic ns!!! I still looking for more tutorials to create the ini config file correctly...

At this time, the analogs triggers doesen't work...maybe with 8bitdo adaptor...i will test it
ALV Mario Shunshine :(

Last edited by m4x1m0,

rabbitsong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why haven't they made it compatible with NTFS? Has to be FAT 32 with 32k clusters, but it's problematic with flash drives. External drives need boosting to work well. That doesn't give plenty of freedom to maneuver. Wii games work well with NTFS, now I'll see about formatting a perfectly good 1TB drive to FAT32 just to use it with Nintendont.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why haven't they made it compatible with NTFS? Has to be FAT 32 with 32k clusters, but it's problematic with flash drives. External drives need boosting to work well. That doesn't give plenty of freedom to maneuver. Wii games work well with NTFS, now I'll see about formatting a perfectly good 1TB drive to FAT32 just to use it with Nintendont.
Why complain a/b it when you can just adapt... There are plenty options available to help counteract the limitation you're referring to. For instance, I use this app called "FAT32format-GUI" to format a 512GB SD card as FAT32 which contains numerous apps, including WiiFlow with numerous Wii game titles alongside Nintendont with numerous GameCube game titles.
S/N: Make sure you use CMD to convert the HDD you use to NTFS before using the app to format it to FAT32.

Reactions: ca032769

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwxoT_tIfQM