Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There is some sort of hardcoded blacklist to avoid crashes, actually. For example:
https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/commit/9bc610abbca17619e11838aceb6beafd1ce67bb3

It would not be a bad idea to make an actual blacklist, though.
that is not a blacklist fix94 had to bypass the prompt screen when progressive signal was actuyaly noticed and language in spanish for the game to begin, becuase the devs forgot the screen prompt, basicaly with everything off the game would still not run if you had langauge in spanish , same way he fixed some games like a bmx game if i recall becuase they lacked the screen prompt lol.

is diferent than you activating your "hack" and the game wouldnt support it.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
that is not a blacklist fix94 had to bypass the prompt screen when progressive signal was actuyaly noticed and language in spanish for the game to begin, becuase the devs forgot the screen prompt, basicaly with everything off the game would still not run if you had langauge in spanish , same way he fixed some games like a bmx game if i recall becuase they lacked the screen prompt lol.

is diferent than you activating your "hack" and the game wouldnt support it.
So basically it doesn't tell the game that progressive scan has been used before.

Apart from that workaround, it should be possible to make a blacklist for games that don't work with progressive scan and/or widescreen or alternate video modes. Nintendont would just have to read a file and compare the ID before booting the game.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So basically it doesn't tell the game that progressive scan has been used before.

Apart from that workaround, it should be possible to make a blacklist for games that don't work with progressive scan and/or widescreen or alternate video modes. Nintendont would just have to read a file and compare the ID before booting the game.
have fun loosing hundreds of hours testing every game lol.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
all info there is outdated/ false on every extra option, nintendont widescreen patch has been rewriteen like 3 times and manny of those entrys are outdated as hell, same for progressive wich was rewriten atleast 2 times, not to mention people saw stretched 4:3 and putted yes on widescreen patch or 480p when they were getting 480i or 576i too.

every option in there is very very outdated and unreliable.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
all info there is outdated/ false on every extra option, nintendont widescreen patch has been rewriteen like 3 times and manny of those entrys are outdated as hell, same for progressive wich was rewriten atleast 2 times, not to mention people saw stretched 4:3 and putted yes on widescreen patch or 480p when they were getting 480i or 576i too.

every option in there is very very outdated and unreliable.
Never mind...
A blacklist can still be implemented and users can add incompatible games to it themselves, then report them.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Never mind...
A blacklist can still be implemented and users can add incompatible games to it themselves, then report them.
i guess, but nintendont is not as active as it was there hundreds of tester anymore its basicaly some random person appears every now and then and reports a game wich we help solve and most of the times is a bad iso or imcompatible forced stuff but like i said its like 2 or 3 a month at best so you wont find the userbase to test or even get a decent list nowadays.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That was my assumption. But it was just that, an assumption.
Wii U Widescreen tells the scaler to output in 16:9 instead of 4:3. I would've called it "Widescreen output".
Widescreen hack uses a cheat code to render the game in 16:9 even if it's not supported by the game.

NinelivesBobcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Super Smash Bros. Melee 1.2 (or 1.02, rather) sorta works with Force Widescreen, but then on the VS Character Select menu, it occasionally crashes with a loud buzzing sound (occasionally when selecting Link or Pikachu, but one time it happened when I was just moving the cursor around). Tried both 1:1 and shrunk ISOs, still happened. Tried an old Nintendont build from December 2016 and newest one from August 2017, both still crash the exact same way. Haven't tried 1.0, 1.1 / 1.01 or the PAL versions but I assume they also have the same issue. Kirby Air Ride, at least the European version, doesn't seem to allow Force Widescreen so the game still looks stretched. No errors, just not proper widescreen, despite the game having no widescreen options.

Last edited by NinelivesBobcat,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Smash Bros. Melee 1.2 (or 1.02, rather) sorta works with Force Widescreen, but then on the VS Character Select menu, it occasionally crashes with a loud buzzing sound (occasionally when selecting Link or Pikachu, but one time it happened when I was just moving the cursor around). Tried both 1:1 and shrunk ISOs, still happened. Tried an old Nintendont build from December 2016 and newest one from August 2017, both still crash the exact same way. Haven't tried 1.0, 1.1 / 1.01 or the PAL versions but I assume they also have the same issue. Kirby Air Ride, at least the European version, doesn't seem to allow Force Widescreen so the game still looks stretched. No errors, just not proper widescreen, despite the game having no widescreen options.

Melee is one of the games listed in the compatibility wiki as having forced WS issues. It says Air Ride needs a custom patch but also has issues.

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to play super Mario sunshine, but when I try to enable memory card emulation, it keeps saying that it has failed to create the file. How do I fix that?

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm trying to play super Mario sunshine, but when I try to enable memory card emulation, it keeps saying that it has failed to create the file. How do I fix that?
Check the switch on your SD card. Also make sure there is enough space for the virtual memory cards.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
nintendont cant use the full usb code or bt code for that matter when nintendont runs there isnt memory left to implement the usual full homebrew codes for usb and bt, thats why nintendont uses a very reduced usb and bt stack code so it can actualy work while gc games are working since nintendont runs all its code on a slower process.
Awe thats a shame. It would've been more convenient with multiple drives connected.
I guess the work around would be a usb powered drive that has an on and off switch. But that isn't really much of a work around though.

NinelivesBobcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The following games work with Force Widescreen:
Animal Crossing (the interfaces still stretch but the game itself doesn't and it plays in proper widescreen. The transition when you go in or out a building doesn't fit the screen fully due to the transition effect's width not being long enough)
Doubutsu no Mori e+ (same as above)
Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (much like Animal Crossing, the game itself is in widescreen but the interfaces aren't, so only the menus are stretched. Looks really good in widescreen plus it's helpful since you get more field of view)
Super Mario Sunshine (haven't really noticed any UI stretching here, and the game itself is in proper widescreen).

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awe thats a shame. It would've been more convenient with multiple drives connected.
I guess the work around would be a usb powered drive that has an on and off switch. But that isn't really much of a work around though.
I think I have an idea on how to get it to handle the case where you have a Wii U-formatted drive and a standard FAT32 drive connected, but I haven't had the time to test it out.

If/when I get the time, I'll post a patch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: F