Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
If you can do that, you'll be doing the world a favor, lol

I tried guessing which files store his lines.
Maybe those that start with "live_" are the announcer's voice files.

Though I think I've read somewhere that there's some easier way to disable him, but I can't find where I saw that.

Just read that there was an option to disable the voice with this patch: 0x801B6510 0x38800000 Try editing the game with a hex editor with that.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Oh... I don't understand how hex editing works (aside changing GameIDs and obvious things like that).

You download HxD, install it, then open up the game, wait for a while, go to offset 801B6510 and enter in the value 38800000 as the first 8 characters, then save.

Just do some looking around to find it.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Updated Wiiflow 1076 Mod to fix video mode forcing with nintendont
available modes are "Game" "Pal50 or 576i" "Pal 60 or 486i" "NTSC or NTSC 480i" "Pal 60 progressive or 480p" "NTSC Progressive or 480p" "Deflicker" option in game settings

Wiiflow 1054 mod updated too (no deflicker),

might add mpal to both as well some day

update online or using the link in my sig

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
AbdallahTerro have you considered removing HOME button to exit nintendont, OR change the input method to press-and-hold?
Many people have this problem where you pause your game pressing the HOME button by mistake.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
you want a combo or hold or what?

Personally prefer the combo button because it would be the same across different controllers (including Gamecube one), the thing is disabling "press HOME" to exit, is just as Wii/Wii U user, I have the bad habit to pause my games with HOME button, I guess other people is in the same train as me :P

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally prefer the combo button because it would be the same across different controllers (including Gamecube one), the thing is disabling "press HOME" to exit, is just as Wii/Wii U user, I have the bad habit to pause my games with HOME button, I guess other people is in the same train as me :P

I'm not, but I've seen other people complain about doing it a lot before. If it could be re-arranged so the home button on the Wii Remote (at least for CC(P)) exited as opposed to the home button on the CC, that would be swell

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I mainly use Ds3 controller where I exit by pressing select and pause using start and I have no problems at all, even my 5 yo kid doesn't exit the game accidentally
While when I use Nunchucks, I exited SEVERAL times by accidentally pressing home, and start/pause was officially mapped to button "One" which makes it out of reach during gameplay,
that's why I changed the mapping in my mod by using "Home" for "Start" and 1&2 for exit
If you wish to add wiimote buttons to the cc/ccp/wup you have to sacrifice using button "Minus" for button orientation

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5