nintendont hidusb controller help!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by tomdawodbutcher, Jan 3, 2016.

1. tomdawodbutcher
    OP

tomdawodbutcher Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    been trying to get my ps2 controller to work for days with no luck the hidtest recognises the controller through my generic ps2 to usb convertor same as the one in picture the umbers change as i ppress buttons but it says failed to find config i tried putting .ini file in root of sd and usb i tried renaming it to controller.ini i tried alsorts i read loads of forums i watched loads of videos and i give up can someone please help me what am i doing wrong?

Attached Files:

2. nerubii

nerubii Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2007
    Zimbabwe
    download controllers through nintendont?

3. tomdawodbutcher
    OP

tomdawodbutcher Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    tried where do i put them cuz when i use hidtest it says failed to find config but numbers change so i got right controller it just cant find the .ini files thats what im guessing but maybe there are other files it needs in certain places i dont really know cuz the tutorials i have found don't go into enough detail

4. nerubii

nerubii Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2007
    Zimbabwe
    save it in the controllers folder in the root of the game's partition?

5. tomdawodbutcher
    OP

tomdawodbutcher Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    tried root of sd where nintendont is and usb hdd where games are

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

also i put hdd in lower usb slot and controller in upper usb slot if wii on its side

6. tomdawodbutcher
    OP

tomdawodbutcher Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    do you have the same sort of controller adapter/

7. tomdawodbutcher
    OP

tomdawodbutcher Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    just got wii online to try and update controllers using nintendont but wfc has been shut down now so i cant do that

8. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    You don't need Nintendo WFC or WiiConnect24. Those are only for Nintendo services.

Just set up your networking in the Wii settings and download the controllers through Nintendont's UI.

9. WestJake

WestJake Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2016
    Hello, I need help.. Thrustmaster T-Wireless should work, but when I connect it to the Wii, it just start acting like the movement cross is held up. Any suggestion? Thx.

Last edited by WestJake, Dec 31, 2016
  10. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Please don't cross-post the same question in multiple threads. People won't be sure if they answered you or not and you'll end up with like 50 wrong answers. :)