Nintendont/GC Injects: What if memory card emulation doesn't work?

Willicious

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've successfully installed 15 GC games as injects which can be run directly from the Wii U menu (I did this using TeconMoon WiiVC Injector), however I've been unable to run the following games (both via injects and directly via Nintendont):

Tetris Worlds
Mario Kart Double Dash!!
Mario Smash Football

From testing Tetris Worlds via Nintendont and tweaking the settings, the answer seems to be that memory card emulation simply doesn't work for this game. It also doesn't like progressive or widescreen; in other words, all settings including memory card emulation must be "No" for this game to run.

(I haven't tested the other games, but I'm going to assume that they'll present the same problem.)

Does anyone know if anything can be done to fix this? Is there a patch or something that can help the ISO to work with mc emu?

---

Interesting notes:

Incidentally, injecting the NTSC ISO rather than the PAL one (for Tetris Worlds) worked successfully, and the game can run with a 251 mem card.

Wierdly, the injects seem to use a different set of settings than when running directly via Nintendont, because all other injected games are running with Wii U widescreen, progressive and mc emu all enabled.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
all games work with memory card emulation lol

Just check your saves folder if you find a 0kb file in there just delete it its a bad file, also make sure your sd card is unlocked.

Willicious

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I now have all 3 games working, I simply injected the NTSC-U rather than the PAL versions and they all now run just fine. Still haven't figured out what's going wrong with the PAL roms, but I'm happy enough with this workaround.

I have Mario Kart Double Dash injected on my WiiU and mem card emulation works perfectly fine for me so no idea why it isn't working for you sorry.

To be fair, it might not be the memcard thing that's making this game not work for me, it could be something else. I did try removing progressive & widescreen from settings though, to no avail. It's a mystery (unless you, too, are using the NTSC-U rom?)

All of the listed games are marked as working with memory card emulation at https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Nintendont_Compatibility_List . Did you try different card sizes and remove old, maybe corrupted save files from the SD card after changing the size setting?
all games work with memory card emulation lol

Just check your saves folder if you find a 0kb file in there just delete it its a bad file, also make sure your sd card is unlocked.

I've now removed the 0kb save files from saves and may try the PAL versions again at some point in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf