Hacking Nintendont does not see games

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soft modding a Wii and I'm having an issue using Nintendont. I have the latest version installed and it does not seem to see my HDD. Games are all installed and named properly per the Nintendont thread. The drive works fine in USB Loader GX and GX also sees the games and allows me to select them, configure them, and start them. Nintendont then loads and everything appears to go well. However, it gets to "Loading In..." and the whole console just shuts off. There shouldn't be any problem with the isos because my brother is using the exact same ones.

I've tried loading Nintendont via HBC and get a message that it can't detect the games folder (which is definitely there). The HDD is also formatted per the instructions (MBR, FAT32, 32k clusters).

Edit*

I opted to put on my games on my SD card and everything seems to be working well from there

Last edited by retKHAAAN,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Make sure they're named properly ("/games/game title [gameid]/game.iso") and that you didn't end up with "game.iso.iso".
2. Make sure there are no hidden partitions on the drive like virtual CDs or an EFI partition.

XxYEAH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Make sure they're named properly ("/games/game title [gameid]/game.iso") and that you didn't end up with "game.iso.iso".
2. Make sure there are no hidden partitions on the drive like virtual CDs or an EFI partition.
Do you Put The [ ] in the game title

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Make sure they're named properly ("/games/game title [gameid]/game.iso") and that you didn't end up with "game.iso.iso".
As above = No (for game title).
The "game.iso" is the game title.
The folder (as above) - The ID has the "[xxxxxx]".

There are other ways of naming folders & files, but you will be limited to using Nintendont on it's own (directly).

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you using a Y-USB cable to provide your HDD with more current?

Probably your drive requires more current that the USB port on the Wii console can't provide and when your drive goes at full speed makes the console shut down for security.

Some HDDs shut down when not in use after some time, I believe you can disable that option in the USB loader.

Reactions: Lima112

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.