Hacking Nintendont

JaeLinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. I posted earlier about playing resident evil 2 using a ps4 controller and I wasn't able to run which is achieved by pressing the "square" button and using the dpad. I was able to fix this by changing the fields in the ini. I used the hidtestand I found out that the action buttons such as "square, circle" which is the "A, B" buttons on a gamecube controller all use the same path as the dpad. For instance originally when I touch the dpad up the number read 00 but when I held "square" it read 10. So thays the number I put in the .ini file. So now it works, but now I created another problem. The dpad wont work without me holding "square". Is there any way to have a dual function for one button in the .ini? I want it to run when I hold "square" but I also wanr it to work regularly for menu purposes. I dont want to hold "square" everytime I'm in the menu. Please help. I know its confusing through text. If needed I'll make a video showing what I'm talking about.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just some small stuff done, this need for speed game is not as easy to fix as I hoped:
-made the ARStartDMA crash solution more complex for need for speed hot pursuit 2 to hopefully get it more stable
-fixed a bug in ARStartDMA which used the wrong memory address base, that should fix some games like tony hawk pro skater
-increased HID controller reading, it now reads about 60 times a second
-added chronicles of narnia to the ARQPostRequest exception list

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just some small stuff done, this need for speed game is not as easy to fix as I hoped:
-made the ARStartDMA crash solution more complex for need for speed hot pursuit 2 to hopefully get it more stable
-fixed a bug in ARStartDMA which used the wrong memory address base, that should fix some games like tony hawk pro skater

I knew there was something big coming up!
You really are taking the per-game compatibility quite serious O.O
Holy damn, Fix, there are no words to express my gratitude and appreciation for all the work you and other collaborators have been doing!

THANK YOU!

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Thanks for the new revision, I was hoping that you take a break, thanks for this!

Now InsanePinkiePie this is a new version if you want to download it xD.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Quick question. I posted earlier about playing resident evil 2 using a ps4 controller and I wasn't able to run which is achieved by pressing the "square" button and using the dpad. I was able to fix this by changing the fields in the ini. I used the hidtestand I found out that the action buttons such as "square, circle" which is the "A, B" buttons on a gamecube controller all use the same path as the dpad. For instance originally when I touch the dpad up the number read 00 but when I held "square" it read 10. So thays the number I put in the .ini file. So now it works, but now I created another problem. The dpad wont work without me holding "square". Is there any way to have a dual function for one button in the .ini? I want it to run when I hold "square" but I also wanr it to work regularly for menu purposes. I dont want to hold "square" everytime I'm in the menu. Please help. I know its confusing through text. If needed I'll make a video showing what I'm talking about.

If you can post your controller.ini in a spoiler, and then the default values shown in HIDTest plus the values that change for the dpad, and the square button, I might be able to tell why it's not working as it should.

Edit: are you using the ps4 controller.ini from the google project page or is it one you made yourself?

JaeLinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can post your controller.ini in a spoiler, and then the default values shown in HIDTest plus the values that change for the dpad, and the square button, I might be able to tell why it's not working as it should.

Edit: are you using the ps4 controller.ini from the google project page or is it one you made yourself?

I got it from when I downloaded the Nintendo.rar file. I didn't make it myself

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I got it from when I downloaded the Nintendo.rar file. I didn't make it myself

If you downloaded the 1.0 zip from the first post your controller .ini should already have 5,10 as the value for that button ; was it different before you changed it as you mentioned in the previous post?

If the values are like I see them in the project page and the rar, they should be working fine. What differences do you notice in HIDTest between pressing the dpad only versus pressing it while square is pressed?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just in case, you're choosing the game straight from LoaderGX, and not using the in-app shortcut to hbc to load nintendont and then choose the game, right? I've just tried again and it definitely works when I choose Spyro in LoaderGX, but it will give a black screen if I load nintendont first and then choose that game.

I've looked at my settings but there's nothing I can point out as a possible factor that affects the game.
USBLoaderGX is forcing some settings that are not accessible to users.
MaxPads set to 4
OSreports always enabled on wii

Maybe the video mode is what makes the game launch?
I guess you don't have USBGecko to check, when launching a game I log the Settings sent to nintendont. it could be interesting to see which settings are used. if you can recompile USBLoaderGX, enable logtofile or wifigecko in gecko.h

Reactions: gabriel1073

JaeLinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you downloaded the 1.0 zip from the first post your controller .ini should already have 5,10 as the value for that button ; was it different before you changed it as you mentioned in the previous post?

If the values are like I see them in the project page and the rar, they should be working fine. What differences do you notice in HIDTest between pressing the dpad only versus pressing it while square is pressed?

The value of square is 10 and the value for down is 04 so in order for both square and down to work I have to input 14 for down

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The value of square is 10 and the value for down is 04 so in order for both square and down to work I have to input 14 for down

If you put Down = 5,14 then it's obvious you WILL need to keep square pressed for down to work. Are you saying that if you have B = 5,10 and Down = 5,04 you can't run in the game when you press both buttons?

USBLoaderGX is forcing some settings that are not accessible to users.
MaxPads set to 4
OSreports always enabled on wii

Maybe the video mode is what makes the game launch?
I guess you don't have USBGecko to check, when launching a game I log the Settings sent to nintendont. it could be interesting to see which settings are used. if you can recompile USBLoaderGX, enable logtofile or wifigecko in gecko.h

I don't have a usbgecko, but if recompiling with that option enabled will log to the sd then I'll see if I can compile it. Can I use the same devkit pro installation I use for nintendont or should I use the libogc from loadergx's downloads page?

Or if you can compile it and upload it for me I'll test it lol. Since that might be quicker.

JaeLinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you put Down = 5,14 then it's obvious you WILL need to keep square pressed for down to work. Are you saying that if you have B = 5,10 and Down = 5,04 you can't run in the game when you press both buttons?

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. Is there a way around that?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. Is there a way around that?

It's weird.. I mean, I can see why it wouldn't work if nintendont is being picky and wants ONLY a "04" value, which would explain why it stops working if it becomes "14", but I think no one else has mentioned that kind of issue so far. I'll see if I can test it later if I find a game with a similar button combo. For now, the only workaround I can think is to remap the "B button" to 6,06, since that should be an unused shoulder button that uses a different offset.

Edit: You can try using 4 instead of 04, but i'm not sure if that would work.

JaeLinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's weird.. I mean, I can see why it wouldn't work if nintendont is being picky and wants ONLY a "04" value, which would explain why it stops working if it becomes "14", but I think no one else has mentioned that kind of issue so far. I'll see if I can test it later if I find a game with a similar button combo. For now, the only workaround I can think is to remap the "B button" to 6,06, since that should be an unused shoulder button that uses a different offset.

I'll try both....thanks....let me know if your able to fix it

JaeLinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Here's a video of my HidTest PS4 HidTest:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1