Gaming NintendoLand 12 games

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man wouldn't it have been nice to have seen a Pokeball in there...and it led you to a mini version of Pokeman Snap.

The Wii controller would have been great for Pokemon Snap 2...Wii U controller would be perfect.

Reactions: 2 people

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Man wouldn't it have been nice to have seen a Pokeball in there...and it led you to a mini version of Pokeman Snap.

The Wii controller would have been great for Pokemon Snap 2...Wii U controller would be perfect.
I had this idea with the 3DS a while ago, but thought it would be impractical since it's a portable with 3D.
On the Wii U however, snap would be absolutely perfect, using the spherical panorama view and combining that with a button for 180 degree turns instead of actually turning around would make this game play like a beauty.
imo pokemon snap is the best spin-off in the series.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted User

Why do many people hate this game already? They haven't even played it. It looks sweet to me.

BornInBlack

GangnamTemp
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soggypizza.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Why do many people hate this game already? They haven't even played it. It looks sweet to me.

Agreed, my first thought (and I'm sure many others) was how this is the Wii U's 'Wii sports'
Now I know nintendo wasted no time in drawing this comparison themselves, but it's quite clear. My point though is that they've taken that concept so much further now- instead of arbitrarily picking a mini game 'channel' you go to that amusement-but what's better is that these mini games are themed on popular franchises. Imo This will make for a more immersive experience than running around as your mii in its everyday clothes. (One of the main reasons I got sports resort was to practice my sword skills until skyward sword arrived)
Personally I hope battle mii and chase mii survived in there, those looked like a lot of fun

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
nintendoland is slightly similar to playstaion home, but the only difference is that nintendoland looks more fun and you don't get charged to look at a pointless sofa XD

hopefully we can have group parties over at gba temp or something like we have mario kart tournaments here.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Two things:

1. the name. nintendoland simply cannot be aimed more at nintendo fanboyz. In fact: that's why I hope this comes with the console. Because no matter how good reviews this game will get, there's no way I'm going to buy it because of the name. I admit I prefer nintendo over sony or microsoft, but they don't have to rub it in like that.
If you reply with "it's only the name..." then you clearly don't have a clue how important the name is (which happens to be the same reason why I downright HATE the wiiu name).

2. the presentation: the creepy thing is that Pong20302000 got me more interested in this game than the entire E3 presentation about it. Why? Because the executives were too busy turning the presentation area into a kindergarten and overly explaining one minigame of it rather than simply show what it had to offer. Christ...if only they have said "oh...it will also have an F-Zero minigame", it'd get my anticipation up far more than what they did.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
the presentation: the creepy thing is that Pong20302000 got me more interested in this game than the entire E3 presentation about it. Why? Because the executives were too busy turning the presentation area into a kindergarten and overly explaining one minigame of it rather than simply show what it had to offer. Christ...if only they have said "oh...it will also have an F-Zero minigame", it'd get my anticipation up far more than what they did.

lol Nintendo should employ me
nintendo like a hype, and i hype myself and then hype others

i think nintendo land will shock people more when its out because the idea is to clearly have something for every and you can involve whoever you want
but yeah all the bosses in suits did was chat and chat and chat

i liked the Pikmin in the pocket tho for pikmin, adds a smile to the presentation :P

D

Deleted User

there's no way I'm going to buy it because of the name. I admit I prefer nintendo over sony or microsoft, but they don't have to rub it in like that.
If you reply with "it's only the name..." then you clearly don't have a clue how important the name is

...It's only the name... :P But seriously, if they called The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword "Zelda: Sword of the Cuteness", seeing all the trailers and reviews, would you buy it? I would. Because it's the same game, only a different name. I'm not sure it would attract parents though. :P

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
there's no way I'm going to buy it because of the name. I admit I prefer nintendo over sony or microsoft, but they don't have to rub it in like that.
If you reply with "it's only the name..." then you clearly don't have a clue how important the name is

...It's only the name... :P But seriously, if they called The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword "Zelda: Sword of the Cuteness", seeing all the trailers and reviews, would you buy it? I would. Because it'sthe same game, only a different name.I'm not sure it would attract parents though. anyone who isn't already a huge Zelda fan to begin with.
Corrected. And this applies even more to nintendo land. I predict that NOBODY is going to get a wiiu for sake of this game. All the nintendo fanboys would have bought a console to begin with, and everyone in doubt will continue to be in doubt after hearing about it. "Seeing all the trailers and reviews" only has a limited impact, because the ones not interested aren't going to spend time reading things or clicking on links to something called "nintendo land".
I'm willing to make an exception in case the accompanying picture of the game shows blood, gore or realistic explosions*, but somehow, I doubt that. :P

*this isn't because I like that stuff, but it's pretty much the only way you'll get an audience to rethink their biased opinion upon hearing the name.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So pocket change for MS?