Source website http://n-dev.net/showthread.php?tid=95

Reactions: 3 people

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for being a noob, but what can we do with this?

Well seeing as how Nintendo Zone has the ability to write data into the 3DS, in heavily speculative theory we could wirte data directly into it. Now something like rom loading may be far fetched but it could be possible to edit the firmware or even replace it entirely. Or at the very least access some kind of internal memory. Didn't the hackers do something like this with DSDownload stations?

Reactions: 1 person

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forget where I read it, but I think this is basically a modified DSi XL. I think it might have been the Nintendo Zone in your home thread. I'll look now for a link.

Edit: Found it - http://gbatemp.net/blog/1093/entry-8960-nintendo-zone-3ds-eur/

I knew I saw it here.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forget where I read it, but I think this is basically a modified DSi XL. I think it might have been the Nintendo Zone in your home thread. I'll look now for a link.

Edit: Found it - http://gbatemp.net/b...o-zone-3ds-eur/

I knew I saw it here.
If u read the manual its not a dsi it is made by nintendo and connects to a laptop

I did read it. Did you happen to notice the AC adapter being the same one used in a DSi/3DS?

Wouldn't be very hard for Nintendo to modify existing hardware to make this. Probably far cheaper than designing all new hardware, too.

Reactions: 1 person

Lokao0

aka LkProd
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can just get N-zone with a normal router.. I don't see anything great about this.
Well seeing as how Nintendo Zone has the ability to write data into the 3DS, in heavily speculative theory we could wirte data directly into it. Now something like rom loading may be far fetched but it could be possible to edit the firmware or even replace it entirely. Or at the very least access some kind of internal memory. Didn't the hackers do something like this with DSDownload stations?

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can just get N-zone with a normal router.. I don't see anything great about this.
XD That's pure speculation, you can get N-Zone through a router but I think its more of a link to the server rather then an actual program like this one. I could be wrong though.

iHavezMyBirdo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think this is for DSi's Nintendo Zone, not 3DS.
The manual doesn't mention anything about the DSi though.
The DSi Nintendo Zones were abandoned since they could only be put up in a few places in Europe prior to the deal Nintendo made with AT&T
Oh, okay. Whoops... I didn't really know much about it. =3=

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is for DSi's Nintendo Zone, not 3DS.
The manual doesn't mention anything about the DSi though.
The DSi Nintendo Zones were abandoned since they could only be put up in a few places in Europe prior to the deal Nintendo made with AT&T
Oh, okay. Whoops... I didn't really know much about it. =3=
Its understandable, I didn't know much about it till you said there were DSi N-Zones, then I googled :P

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are the N-Zones for the nintendo ds.
in the manual it states:
(14)
Verifying Operation on Nintendo DS Series Game Systems (requires a Nintendo DS or
Nintendo DS Lite)
After verifying that the device screen is normal (See Step 6 in P6. Connecting the AC Adapter
and Setting up Download Services that use the InternetR), follow the procedure below to verify
that downloading from the internet can be performed normally using a Nintendo DS Series
Game System.
Note: Steps 1 T 5 are required when using Download Services with the Nintendo DS or
Nintendo DS Lite.
Note: The content of the information service or design of the screen may vary by location.
1. Turn on power to the Nintendo DS Series Game System.
2. The DS Menu is displayed on the lower screen. Select PDS Download Play.R
3. Select PNintendo Zone ViewerR on the lower screen.
4. Data is downloaded from the wireless distribution box.
5. After about one minute, the Service Menu screen is displayed.
It says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT THE 3DS.
Nintendo's announcement of these from 2008: http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/waUaocRmskcPG27usK_1E6n3eIx4jE_9

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1