Nintendo Wii game ports being delisted from the Nvidia Shield in China

nvidia-shield-china.900x.jpg

In 2017, it was announced that gamers would be able to experience Nintendo Wii games legitimately, on a non-Nintendo platform. The Nvidia Shield received ports of select Wii titles, such as New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and more, all in upscaled 1080p resolution, with the caveat being that they were only available to those in China. However, almost four years after the fact, those games are being delisted due to poor sales. According to industry analyst Daniel Ahmad, who previously broke the initial story of the Nvidia Shield Wii ports, the ability to download those very games is "being shut down". Those who purchased them will still be able to redownload them, though they require a server authentication in order to be played, and it's currently unclear as to how long support for said server will be active.

:arrow: Source

Meatball132

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I should have all 4 of these backed up somewhere if I recall correctly.

Edit - Just double checked, I only have New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario Galaxy, and Zelda Twilight Princess. Only one I'm missing is Punch Out. Here's hoping someone has Punch Out archived.
I do have all four, including Punch Out!
Edit: all five, actually, because Donkey Kong Country was released too and I have that as well.

Last edited by Meatball132,
Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

Meatball132

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wasn't this version of Mario Galaxy the one that the 3D All Stars port was based on?
No; the Shield games are almost fully emulated with an emulator by Nvidia, whereas 3D All Stars is mostly a full port (and the parts that are emulated use a brand new emulator made just for 3DAS).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto