Nintendo talks about Breath of The Wild WiiU and Switch version differences

breath1-1484349894491_large.jpg

The house of Mario has spoken; the Switch will run the upcoming Zelda installment at 900p while the WiiU will be stuck at 720p, both running the game at 30fps.

In a statement provided to IGN, Nintendo explained the following “key facts” about each version:
  • Both launch on the same day, March 3.
  • Both have a frame rate of 30fps.
  • Both versions of the game offer the same content.
  • On a TV, the Nintendo Switch version of the game renders in 900p while the Wii U version renders in 720p.
  • The Nintendo Switch version has higher-quality environmental sounds. As a result, the sound of steps, water, grass, etc. are more realistic and enhance the game’s Open-Air feel.
  • The physical copy of the Wii U version will require 3GB of available memory on the Wii U system or an external drive.
  • Some icons, such as onscreen buttons, differ between the two versions.
  • A Special Edition and Master Edition of the Wii U version are not available.

This might come to a disappointment to many who would expect the upcoming (their preordered?) console to run one of the most anticipated game of the year at a glorious 1080p/60fps. Nevertheless, it should be noted that this decision has probably been made to ensure the gamer's best experience and shouldn't foretell the gameplay.

:arrow: SOURCE

nedron92

Trophies
Website
www.github.com
XP
Country
Germany
It's Zelda that only use 900p/30fps.
I read at a German source, there were at the Switch Event in Frankfurt or Munich Herr in Germany, that mostly All other games are Output 1080p/60fps. If thats true, than good Job..

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People can see it, they're just in denial.
E.g. "I paid for this XBox One, so I need to defend it and try to justify it; there is no significant difference between this and those saying it's so much better to play in 60 FPS on PC." for example.

It is "harder" to see on a video or something non interactive though. My personal favorite is handing TLoU remastered to someone and toggling the 30 FPS lock. That's when no one denies it.

Also I swear @sarkwalvein, you'll be getting replies with "Well, we're not pilots. We're gamers." :)
ya your just making all this up...

i have a ps4 and wii u and...basically every console before those... i cannot see 60fps and i have no reason to need to justify anything

if anything i can use this same reasoning on you, you justify your expensive PC purchase on playing at 60fps...claiming it makes a difference ..when it really doesnt

megafalke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Of course it is kinda sad that BotW won't run in 60fps, but to be honest, i'm just glad i get to play a new Zelda game. And it's FKING HUGE. I mean, it has 120(?) shrines. And around 1000 seeds to collect. I think it is better to get a 30fps game with great content instead of a 60fps game with 40 hours of play time.

Reactions: player594

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8