XP
Country
Mexico
<redacted wrong thread>
It aims at preserving your privacy and anonymity, and helps you to:

• use the Internet anonymously and circumvent censorship;
    all connections to the Internet are forced to go through the Tor network;
  • leave no trace on the computer you are using unless you ask it explicitly;
  • use state-of-the-art cryptographic tools to encrypt your files, emails and instant messaging.
NoA is not going to like that.

MegaKyurem

WAAALUIGI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that Nintendo doesn't make me update to play mk8d or arms. Not likely, but hopefully something is made by then

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's too much roasting of a guy who is under the rather false impression that hacking a console is a cause of its death.

This thread needs more stability memes.

Reactions: gamefan5

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never seen so many babies crying over hacks, in a hacking forum, in my life.

Don't want to read 7pages? let me summarise:

2.2.0 is out.
blar blar blar pirates.
blerg blerg blerg hackers sad.
blar blar blar don't update.
blerg blerg blerg killing switch.
blar blar blar fuck off.
the end.

Lightyose

True Light
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Then good for them. It's their call what to do with it. If you want to get upset, that's your deal.
+ We don't know if they NEEDED that money for their kids or other things to survive. We don't know their motives, so let' s not judge and be peaceful. Besides, this does NOT mean the end of the scene. It's just starting, have hope.

MegaKyurem

WAAALUIGI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any point in staying on 2.1 if the hacking is all going towards 2.0? I'm wondering if I should update. Also, btw for anyone that doesn't want to update: You don't have to turn wifi off just turn off automatic updates.

Last edited by MegaKyurem,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why are people keeping their Switch connected online again?
It's not like we have VC or a proper browser yet. :unsure:
But everyone should already know that the lowest the FW version, the better when an exploit comes out.
If they can't sacrifice online stuff for that, then that's their own fault.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why are people keeping their Switch connected online again?
It's not like we have VC or a proper browser yet. :unsure:
But everyone should already know that the lowest the FW version, the better when an exploit comes out.
If they can't sacrifice online stuff for that, then that's their own fault.
Because I still can, so why not?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i may not have a switch but personally rather see brew then ultimately pay $20/yr just to use online services the only "free" service for online is the stupid updates which in turn blocks exploits don't blame nintendo on the pay for online services crap you can thank Microsoft for starting the crap watch nintendo get the smart idea of charging you just to do wifi battles on Sun/moon soon

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i might just get another Switch someday if the hacks get full blown. Until then, i'm updating the system to enjoy the stability that i needed in my life.

In my opinion, piracy or no piracy, it's not gonna kill the console. I admit, at first i thought that way but I realized i was wrong when I think about myself pirating but still end up purchasing my favourite games and getting limited editions of consoles. I'm actually still supporting Nintendo and the game devs.

i think piracy actually helps. I wouldn't discover games if it weren't for piracy. I now own all the games on my 3DS and Wii U that i pirated before.

Besides, who here doesn't want homebrew? It's not all about piracy anyway. Being able to create backups of our legitimately purchased games and save files is actually a big deal for me.

Last edited by owek1,

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i might just get another Switch someday if the hacks get full blown. Until then, i'm updating the system to enjoy the stability that i needed in my life.

In my opinion, piracy or no piracy, it's not gonna kill the console. I admit, at first i thought that way but I realized i was wrong when I think about myself pirating but still end up purchasing my favourite games and getting limited editions of consoles. I'm actually still supporting Nintendo and the game devs.

i think piracy actually helps. I wouldn't discover games if it weren't for piracy. I now own all the games on my 3DS and Wii U that i pirated before.

Besides, who here doesn't want homebrew? It's not all about piracy anyway. Being able to create backups of our legitimately purchased games and save files is actually a big deal for me.

Some companies don't mind if you pirate their software as it helps spread the software around for people to try. Microsoft would not be here if it wasn't for piracy of MSDOS and subsequently Windows.

"And as long as they're going to steal it, we want them to steal ours. They'll get sort of addicted, and then we'll somehow figure out how to collect sometime in the next decade."

http://articles.latimes.com/2006/apr/09/business/fi-micropiracy9

Ol' Bill has even admitted to illegal use of copyright material:
http://www.computerworld.com/article/2483179/data-privacy/bill-gates--piracy-confession.html

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,
Reactions: owek1

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The Dreamcast died because it had no games. One of the major reasons developers skipped it was that pirating g a game was as easy as burning a cd.
Pretty sure the Dreamcast died because Sega lost all consumer and dev trust by releasing new consoles so often. No one wants to buy a console when a new one is already on the horizon while the current one is still new itself.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure the Dreamcast died because Sega lost all consumer and dev trust by releasing new consoles so often. No one wants to buy a console when a new one is already on the horizon while the current one is still new itself.
The dreamcast died because it was released too late in the generation. It came right before the PS2/GC/Xbox. Dual sticks, more buttons, more power. So, of course it wasn't going to last. Not to mention, Sega didn't put enough time and effort into maintaining the software side of things.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm staying on 2.0.0 until either Splatoon 2 comes out, or a flash cart/custom firmware. But most-likely Splatoon 2 will come first, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol