Hardware Nintendo Switch screen protector, Orzly or amFilm?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
In the Orzly pack you got 2 screen protector.. both scratched?
Nay it was probably a factory error that made the cleaning cloth (alcohol wipe) really dry so it scratched the Switch screen (thankfully on the blacksides).

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the gamestop one. Its a plastic film but works great. I havent had any problems out of it. Also got a 2pack of some glass ones. Got those for $1 ship just havent had the need to put them on.

D

Deleted User

Do like me. Use the best screen protectors - scotch tape... a few layers and you are protected and its so seemless!(c)

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i've got my amFilm some day ago, i wasted the first one because of bad installation.

what i did was i kept raising the corners to re-adjust/and get out dust particles with some tape and i ended up ruining 3 corners of the glass , they got bubbles too just like with the chinese one i had previously.

the cut at least is precise.
thankfully you get 2 with the pack, i applied the 2nd almost perfectly, it had some dust particle twice and so i had to lift a corner twice, this time it was less hassle.
but i now also have a tiny bubble on the corner i had to lift. (and i am really too OCD, i am scared that this tiny bubble will annoy me in the long run and i just take it off, waste of my buck i guess.)

sometimes i really just hate screen protectors..
i also wasted so many on my nexus 6p.

i think i wasted like 3 good brand type glass screen sps.
oh well, i think in the end it is best not to use any sp's and to just baby your devices extremely so that you won't drop them.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an Orzly protector on mine and it's very high quality, and hard wearing. I have 3 kids and it's still in great condition!

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the amFilm protector and it is really nice. I used the tried and true steamy bathroom application method to apply it and the handles worked great for lining it up. I usually use a suction cup for placing the glass down perfectly but with the amFilm, I had no need to.

NOTE: The tabs do eventually peel away so I recommend applying it right away after holding it by the tabs for alignment.

Virdoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Whats the difference between all these protectors? I always used to buy cheapest tempered glasses from ebay (even less than $1) and never had any kind of problems...

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Make sure whichever you get has little cutouts on the bottom so that it doesn't cover the speakers. I've seen loads which are just straight rectangles so they cover the small speaker slits on the bottom of the screen.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the difference between all these protectors? I always used to buy cheapest tempered glasses from ebay (even less than $1) and never had any kind of problems...

Cheap protectors can scratch and break easily and can leave residue behind after removal. In the case of using glass protectors on phones with glass screens, cheap protectors have a higher chance if damaging the actual glass behind the protector when dropped on it's face.

Some nicer protectors also have better anti-fingerprint coatings then the cheaper glass protectors. Optical clarity differences are negligible at best unless the glass was shipped defective with scratches or cracks.

Reactions: Deleted User

aut0mat3d

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have applied Orzly tempered Glass Protectors on the 2 switch consoles in our household and happy with them: Easy to apply and sturdy

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have both an give a slight edge to the amFilm brand in which I got after the Orzly one because Amazon Canada did not have it until one months after launch.

The amFilm has slightly better clarity IMHO, whereas I feel the Orzly applies on easier and protects better as it covers slight more surface area and is a tiny bit thicker.

I've had not problems with either of them peeling off when docked, I did let both screen protectors rest for 12 hours after application before using them in the dock though.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Typically the brand but some have some minor differences here and there, like, some are better than others.

I used the official nintendo one and its perfect, no bubbles and you cant even see it on there.
You mean HORI's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, I dont have the other 3 wives