Nintendo slashes the price of the 2DS to $99.99

20150518_095817.jpg

One of Nintendo's best values will be getting even better. On Aug. 30, the suggested retail price of the portable Nintendo 2DS system drops to $99.99, down from the current suggested retail price of $129.99. Even at the new suggested price, the system will still come packaged with the digital version of the acclaimed Mario Kart 7 game, making Nintendo 2DS an amazing value for shoppers.

People looking for a great game to play with their new system can also pick up Little Battlers eXperience, which launches Aug. 21 for all Nintendo 3DS family systems, including Nintendo 2DS.

"At a suggested retail price of $99.99, Nintendo 2DS is an even more attractive introductory option for first-time gamers," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. "The new lower-priced hardware combined with the strong lineup of new games launching this year and arguably the best library of games in this generation makes it a great time to be a Nintendo fan."

Ever since it launched in October 2013, Nintendo 2DS has been the go-to system for newcomers to the world of quality Nintendo video games. The system plays nearly the entire library of Nintendo 3DS games in 2D, as well as most Nintendo DS games. Players with Internet access can compete online, or enjoy local multiplayer co-op experiences with other Nintendo 3DS family system owners. With no hinges, the durable construction of Nintendo 2DS makes it perfect for younger players.

Little Battlers eXperience lets players build, customize and battle robots made from more than 4,000 in-game parts that allows for more than 30,000 different LBX robots. The game is one part of the strong franchise, which also includes an animated TV show and robot model kits. Players can team up with characters that appear in the TV series, or find friends who also own the game and a Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 2DS system to connect via local wireless to battle it out or team up against tough opponents in the Ranking Battle co-op mode.

Other games for all ages and skill levels launching for Nintendo 3DS before the end of the year include Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash,Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes and YO-KAI WATCH. All games are compatible with all Nintendo 3DS family systems, including Nintendo 2DS.

Remember that the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, including Nintendo 2DS, features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/2ds.

For more information about Little Battlers eXperience, visit http://lbx.nintendo.com.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
That's the price I got mine at, with Omega Ruby. Glad everyone can profit of it now.

They already offer the cheapest games in the console market.
Guaranteed to be compatible with CFW (no xtra hardware needed too).
Comes with charger, sd card, and a legit free game (you can grab it with eshop spoofing still).

Great 2nd system for hacking.
Sweet! Now if they would lower the cost of they're $40 games by about 10 bucks.
CFW has you covered with an extra $30 off.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the price I got mine at, with Omega Ruby. Glad everyone can profit of it now.

They already offer the cheapest games in the console market.
EDIT: Nevermind, I just had a bad experience looking for 3DS games, although, 3DS isn't the absolute cheapest. I tend to see Vita games averaging cheaper prices though.

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wasn't the GameCube at one point sold for $99.99 back then? If it were between getting a GameCube back in 2004/05 or getting a 2DS in 2015 for a hundred bucks, I'd probably choose the cube. :lol: Although the homebrew is nice for the 2DS.

Last edited by HaloEffect17,

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

People looking for a great game to play with their new system can also pick up Little Battlers eXperience, which launches Aug. 21 for all Nintendo 3DS family systems, including Nintendo 2DS.

"At a suggested retail price of $99.99, Nintendo 2DS is an even more attractive introductory option for first-time gamers," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. "The new lower-priced hardware combined with the strong lineup of new games launching this year and arguably the best library of games in this generation makes it a great time to be a Nintendo fan."

Ever since it launched in October 2013, Nintendo 2DS has been the go-to system for newcomers to the world of quality Nintendo video games. The system plays nearly the entire library of Nintendo 3DS games in 2D, as well as most Nintendo DS games. Players with Internet access can compete online, or enjoy local multiplayer co-op experiences with other Nintendo 3DS family system owners. With no hinges, the durable construction of Nintendo 2DS makes it perfect for younger players.

Little Battlers eXperience lets players build, customize and battle robots made from more than 4,000 in-game parts that allows for more than 30,000 different LBX robots. The game is one part of the strong franchise, which also includes an animated TV show and robot model kits. Players can team up with characters that appear in the TV series, or find friends who also own the game and a Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 2DS system to connect via local wireless to battle it out or team up against tough opponents in the Ranking Battle co-op mode.

Other games for all ages and skill levels launching for Nintendo 3DS before the end of the year include Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash,Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes and YO-KAI WATCH. All games are compatible with all Nintendo 3DS family systems, including Nintendo 2DS.

Remember that the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, including Nintendo 2DS, features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/2ds.

For more information about Little Battlers eXperience, visit http://lbx.nintendo.com.

Now they got to release more New 3ds with exploitable FW so we can get all the games

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got one used for my son for $99 from gamestop, he preferred my 3ds so i wound up buying him a 3dsxl anyway -_- shouldn't have wasted my time. at least now i have a 9.9 exploited 2ds though, fun to dabble in hacks when i get the chance.

would be pointless on my gateway 3ds xl systems to mess with tubehax and ironhax.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Refurbished 2DS are down to 75 dollars a pop.
Dunno if they were before but that makes them a lot easier to grab for a kid or two.
Hopefully a sale on the refurbished units will make them easier to buy.
Would love to get my Niece one some day but not for that high a price heh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1