GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They had a lot of nice things to say about the game. Sound and graphics are supposed to be great, but most importantly they say it plays really well. Sounds like each character (of the four) has something unique to offer.

I was looking forward to this game a lot already; many of the better games out now -- Rune Factory and Luminous Arc -- require quite a bit of dedication. It'll be nice to have another game you can pick up just to get a shooting fix. Operation: Vietnam sounds like that type of game. I'm now looking forward to it being "dumped" more than ever.

(As an aside, Nintendo Power gave Metroid Prime 3 their first-ever perfect 10 score -- woot!)

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been waiting for this game for a while. Good to hear that it got good reviews. It kinda reminds me Commandos series on PC even though it plays different than those. And BTW, on IGN, it says the release date is August 14 ?? Is this game really out?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if we'll see it dumped anytime soon. I was checking out the Gamestop website and most of them don't even plan to carry it. Only 1 store out of 12 in a 10-mile radius around me plan to carry it. And the one that does....well, let's just say I don't go in that direction when I leave my house.

Still, in Hadrian's release list that mentioned it, OV was the only game that really looked interesting to me (I'm not into RPG's), which likely means it will be a week or more before it gets dumped. That's usually how it works out for me....naturally.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still, in Hadrian's release list that mentioned it, OV was the only game that really looked interesting to me (I'm not into RPG's), which likely means it will be a week or more before it gets dumped. That's usually how it works out for me....naturally.

biggrin.gif

Yeah, that sucks. I hope we do see it, though, eventually.

@ Linkiboy: NP actually gave RE4 a 5/5. I guess they had a different scale then. So, yeah, I suppose you could equate that to a 10, but I wonder what they would have rated it based on their current system.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope its as good as they say it is, I've been hyping this game up along with Dementium The Ward & Race Driver. I heard they gave Race Driver a 7.

damnet

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Just watched a trailer for this game, and indeed it seems nice, gameplay looks to be very fluid with great frame rates, some nice effects too, although it seemed to be more of a shoot e'm up than a commandos game, commandos was more of a sneaky tactical thing, this looks more like a guns blazing havoc thing, still it looks nice.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just watched a trailer for this game, and indeed it seems nice, gameplay looks to be very fluid with great frame rates, some nice effects too, although it seemed to be more of a shoot e'm up than a commandos game, commandos was more of a sneaky tactical thing, this looks more like a guns blazing havoc thing, still it looks nice.
Sort of looks more like a Cannon Fodder meets Commando (the arcade game not the PC one) to me anyway.

Still waiting for the bloody thing, I feel like one of those lamers waiting for some boring RPG, not that I'm saying all RPG's are boring.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right I emailed Majesco about this game and got a reply saying that it will be released EVERYWHERE in the US 24th...for definite!

Also play-asia are listing this for that date too, and for $24.90 (£12.60 in proper money) think I might buy it if its good, give the developers some support and show that these sort of games are wanted.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...I might buy it if its good, give the developers some support and show that these sort of games are wanted.

Yeah, same here. I figure money gets the message across best, and the development team (Coyote, I think?) sounds like an up & coming group of creative folks I can get behind. I'm guessing that's perhaps why it was able to be priced right at $20 from the start -- perhaps the dev team is willing to either just break even or take a loss just to get their work out there, which seems like a smart move for a newbie company.

Hope we see the dump soon, anyway. I would like to try it first.

cheeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sucks, all those boring God-awful RPG’s get dumped early & games like this that actually look fun get a limited release. If this was Final Fantasy 100,205 it would be out 2 days early, I hope Hadrian is right & it shows up after the 24th.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
It'll be nice to have another game you can pick up just to get a shooting fix.
Glory Days 2.

Meh...I tried to get into it -- and it's still on my card -- but I'm not lovin' it.

Campaign mode is sucky, it's really one of those games you play on the toilet. I only got to about mission 6 in the campaign before I only started to play Battle Mode when I had nothing else to do.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll be nice to have another game you can pick up just to get a shooting fix.
Glory Days 2.

Meh...I tried to get into it -- and it's still on my card -- but I'm not lovin' it.

I didn't end up caring for this game much either. It just seemed like your side of the army were wimps. I didn't like the constant annoyance of having to run back to the landing pad either, it artificially prolonged the game play.

And it's the same deal as irpacynot.....

"Meh...I tried to get into it -- and it's still on my card -- but I'm not lovin' it."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol