Nintendo NX will launch March 2017

nx.jpg
Today via their latest finacial report, Nintendo announced that their new upcoming gaming system, codenamed the Nintendo NX, will be released worldwide in March 2017.

“For our dedicated video game platform business, Nintendo is currently developing a gaming platform codenamed ‘NX’ with a brand-new concept. NX will be launched in March 2017 globally.”

The Nintendo NX will not show at this year's E3, instead the company will focus on the latest Zelda title at the upcoming conference, which will now be a dual release for both WiiU and the NX.

:arrow: Latest Nintendo Financial Report

Update. The new open world Zelda is also set to appear on the NX and Wii U at the same time.
Source thanks to DarkenedMatter

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
check the source of the info they are usually spot on!
"usually"
Not all the time.

This may well prove to be true, i'm just saying at this point it is just rumours and speculation. Nothing has been confirmed yet.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who knows these are just rumors right now, although the whole part about cartridges seems to have credibility as Nintendo filed a patent in regards to it. Only time will tell, although usually IGN is pretty spot on even with rumors, we'll see.

If this turns out to be true, I'm a bit disappointed, I was hoping Nintendo would finally get with the times and make a powerhouse this time around, let's just wait and see I guess....

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obsolete compared to what?

PPC actually has a lot more registers to work with, so basically if you take an x86 processor that's equivalent to a PPC the PPC will actually run circles around the x86. The only reason I can think of for PPC being abandoned in the computer realm ages ago is for security reasons. Its finally been abandoned in consoles as well (with the exception of the Wii U)

Reactions: huma_dawii

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compared to processors of a RISC design. x86 is an ugly, antiquated architecture.

Thank you.

If nintendo doesn't make it easy to program for they might as well kiss any chance of success goodbye.

Well, I'm happy it not x86 because developers got so lazy after XB1 and PS4 launched... the only thing they know is how to waste resources.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed.
I wonder if N is targeting smartphone developers not PS XB devs ?
Hopefully both, but I think the smartest thing to do is to make the NX the most compatible with smartphone games and indie titles. The more games they can get funneled to their new system the better.

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hopefully both, but I think the smartest thing to do is to make the NX the most compatible with smartphone games and indie titles. The more games they can get funneled to their new system the better.
To target XB PS devs .. use x86 architecture.
What architecture would you use to target smartphone devs ?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Compared to processors of a RISC design. x86 is an ugly, antiquated architecture.

That is hyperbole. In reality PPC is arguably not RISC & x86-64 processors translate code into something that arguably is RISC. I'm not sure why you think the "antiquated" and "obsolete" architecture is the best performing hardware for it's price.

The only real competition x86-64 has is from Arm (which arguably also no longer is RISC), but that is on power and price not on performance. I know we're supposed to hate Intel, but they have been doing pretty good things since the Core 2 came out. Apple wouldn't have switched unless there was a good reason to.

The RISC/CISC designation is antiquated and obsolete.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: zoogie

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If nintendo doesn't make it easy to program for they might as well kiss any chance of success goodbye.

Actually programming new games is fairly simple, its porting them over that's the issue. When the architecture is completely different, you're going to have issues moving things from one platform to another. However, this might be what you were referring to, I'm not sure. If so, then disregard this comment lol

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually programming new games is fairly simple, its porting them over that's the issue. When the architecture is completely different, you're going to have issues moving things from one platform to another. However, this might be what you were referring to, I'm not sure. If so, then disregard this comment lol
yep.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay