Hardware Nintendo logo then black screen

TallahaseeTosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After changing right joycon rail and ribbon out on my nintendo switch it only boots to black screen (backlight). I have to disconnect and reconnect the battery to get it to do this. After that it will only boot automatically into RCM mode(no backlight). I didn't know this at first until I tried to run a payload for the first time. It will boot payloads but once I try and run firmware I end with the same result of a black screen. Any ideas?

Nudu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After changing right joycon rail and ribbon out on my nintendo switch it only boots to black screen (backlight). I have to disconnect and reconnect the battery to get it to do this. After that it will only boot automatically into RCM mode(no backlight). I didn't know this at first until I tried to run a payload for the first time. It will boot payloads but once I try and run firmware I end with the same result of a black screen. Any ideas?
Did u installed AutoRCM?

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not ran any custom firmware. The ribbon cable is broke on the old joycon rail.
did you maybe not plug something in right like part way pluged in like the nand chip or something? that would auto boot you into RCM. It also could be a bad joycon rail as well.

TallahaseeTosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird side note. If I hold the plus minus I while booting I can get to initialize the console. And everything will boot and after setup I can play as normal. Then after I reboot again I get a purple screen.

TallahaseeTosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
take it back apart unplug the nand chip and then plug it back in and reboot see if that will help.
I'm going to give that a shot. It's just strange that when I wipe everything it works for one boot. I can play games and all. Then when I reboot the console it goes to black. I'll post my results after removing NAND and rebooting.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the Clear log function even work? My switch is stuck on the Initializing... screen within RCM
Ah nevermind holding the power button for 10 secs got out of it. Seems Clearing the log is buggy on the 5.1.0 payload

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: Update

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Does the Clear log function even work? My switch is stuck on the Initializing... screen within RCM
Ah nevermind holding the power button for 10 secs got out of it. Seems Clearing the log is buggy on the 5.1.0 payload
Besides, SciresM stated that clearing the log isn't enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: what did hirade and rez do? +1