Hacking Nintendo get KongzNutz

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
nintendo just wants to show their victory to the public, and i doubt that he really has to pay 1.6 million$, im pretty sure they just say that in public to scare off other pirates , im not familiar with the australlian law tough

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
urherenow said:
Daco said:
some1 try and convince me why this is so called outrages.
First of all, this is a person, not a company or corporation. $1.5M is a stupid number that no normal joe will EVER be able to pay. So it's just... STUPID.

Second... they were quoted as saying that the game was downloaded "thousands" of times. If the game was downloaded 10,000 times (which it probably wasn't) @ $60 that would be $600,000. Add the $100,000 courts cost and it brings things to $700,000. So they awarded Nintendo MORE THAN DOUBLE thier claimed damages? Bullshit.

Third... $700,000 while still very unlikely to get paid off in full (without much help from others) would at least be possible in his lifetime.
1 second

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA.....*¨1 year later*....HAHAHAHAHAHA

ok, first of all "thousands of times" can be ten thousands, or hundred thousands of times. nobody would use it but its possible in theory

so lets say 99999 for a second here
99999*60 = 5 999 940

now you could say that im saying bullshit; but think about it. how retarded can you be by thinking the game was downloaded < 10k times. if you think that should are really stupid. this forum alone prob has thousands of incoming and outgoing users / month (that, or the forum is run on a P2 server or something). 99% of those users downloads
98% of those users prob downloaded NSMB
...and thats gbafail alone.

second, if he can't pay that money then he shouldn't have shared illegal shit and should have gotten a career first. cause some1 with a decent career sure can pay that in about 4-5 years (if not less if you earn loads of money). that, and its his own fault. BUT ITS NOT FAIR i hear you think, well sharers & leechers basicly steal money from the company so why can't the company steal money back from the sharers ? if 1 of the 2 parties can do it, why can't the other?

3th , i can pay that 700k with a 4 year salary. so he CAN pay that unless he's a complete retard like stated before who isn't smart at all and thought his sharing plan trough.

there, NEXT PERSON TO ATTEMPT AND CONVINCE ME CAN TRY
smile.gif

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How much money do you think ACA (the tv show) paid him for that feature? I don't think nintendo would be against it, given the benefits to them: sending a message to other pirates and getting their pockets filled at the same time.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just because the game was downloaded n number of times doesnt not mean that n number of people actually got the game. the whole time that shit was going on and he was uploading the image, people downloaded the first version he made. then when they couldnt play the whole thing, they bitched and downloaded a different version. and a different version. some people probably downloaded the thing 20 different times. and nintendo is using that number to say that they are missing out on 20 different people buying the game, when in fact, its just 1 person that probably wouldnt have paid for it if they couldnt download it. they just wouldnt have the game.

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
A Current Affair would have paid an "okay" ammount... i used to live in Aus, i was actually living in Aus when this whole thing went down... but yeah, A Current Affair hopefully paid him an okay amount.
I really do feel for him though, Ninty are being whores thats all. A Girl committed suicide for harrasment at a workplace in Aus the other day, and the guy got a 200k penalty... This is BULL SHIT!, You reading this Nintendo? BULL SHIT!

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
rizzod said:
A Girl committed suicide for harrasment at a workplace in Aus the other day, and the guy got a 200k penalty... This is BULL SHIT!, You reading this Nintendo? BULL SHIT!
sounds pretty reasonable to me.

but thats prob cause im older and ifnot smarter then all you retards
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Daco said:
rizzod said:
A Girl committed suicide for harrasment at a workplace in Aus the other day, and the guy got a 200k penalty... This is BULL SHIT!, You reading this Nintendo? BULL SHIT!

but thats prob cause im older and if not smarter then all you retards
smile.gif
Pirating is worse to you than making someone kill herself?
huh.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Daco: Cool it, bro. Calling other people retards or acting like you're better than everyone else isn't going to do you any good. While you can differ on your opinion, acting like that isn't going to do anything except rile up anger. And doing that just so you can act all "mature" and "smart" compared to the people who fall hook, line, and sinker for trolling isn't going to get you anything except some unwanted attention from moderators. Keep the discussion civilized.

I really don't see this discussion going anywhere good. The main discussion didn't and all other ones aren't. If you want to keep discussing, discuss it in a mature matter, not in a giant feces throwing fight. I've already taken the liberty of reporting the thread so that we can, if the mods are in a good mood, have the flaming thrown out. Still, this may as well get locked.

I've already said before I feel bad for the guy, but it's not exactly smart to upload games anyway (hardly anyone gets busted for downloading, honestly), let alone with your name and such. Hopefully he can learn his lesson, pay off the debt, and live out his life.

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I've already said before I feel bad for the guy, but it's not exactly smart to upload games anyway (hardly anyone gets busted for downloading, honestly), let alone with your name and such. Hopefully he can learn his lesson, pay off the debt, and live out his life.

Aye, Aye.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Daco said:
second, if he can't pay that money then he shouldn't have shared illegal shit and should have gotten a career first. cause some1 with a decent career sure can pay that in about 4-5 years (if not less if you earn loads of money). that, and its his own fault. BUT ITS NOT FAIR i hear you think, well sharers & leechers basicly steal money from the company so why can't the company steal money back from the sharers ? if 1 of the 2 parties can do it, why can't the other?

I don't think anyone is saying they are not in there right to get him punished, but these sort of figures should only apply to "comercial" pirates, and in most jurisdictions, because there was no commercial gain he would be in for a large fine (but thousands to tens of thousands of dollars, not millioms) if he'd have gone through the courts. It's sort of akin to deporting someone for stealing 1 apple. Man is it hard to avoid bad Aussie jokes here.

The figure is smelling more and more like a publicity stunt, and that's why he can talk about the case (because that's good for Nintys PR with 3rd party devs), but not the sum, but they can talk about the sum. Normally in an out of court settlement the "loosing" side would have to stay quiet and the winning would announce "an undisclosed settlement".

QUOTE said:
3th , i can pay that 700k with a 4 year salary. so he CAN pay that unless he's a complete retard like stated before who isn't smart at all and thought his sharing plan trough.

Someone was born with a silver spoon in their mouth or has being very lucky in the job market. I'm a higher rate tax payer with a university education and career (though probably not by your >$125000 per annum crteria). Even if I had no tax, bills etc to pay it would take me over 10 years to pay that off. Well hopefuly not come April but you know what I mean. And if he did have a career he'd have probably lost it because of this anyway.

Edit:
QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Feb 10 2010, 04:26 PM)

+1

abel009

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Jacobeian said:
http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/games/n...00209-np4i.html

QUOTE said:
Nintendo applied and was granted a search order by the Federal Court forcing Burt to disclose the whereabouts of all his computers, disks and electronic storage devices in November.

He was also ordered to allow access, including passwords, to his social networking sites, email accounts and websites.

be careful, they are watching us
ph34r.gif

I also think the fact this was settled out of court is very weird, after reading the article, a court would have noticed he didn't earn any money from this, that it was the first time he was doing this, etc... the 1.5 million bill seems to be a little over-exagerated in regard to the facts and since Nintendo forbidded him to comment the issue, I'm now wondering if this isn't just something made public to scare "wannabe" pirates and he's not going to pay that much in reality.

A good thing is that in mexico no one gives a crap about piracy.
Piracy is every where, you can buy a wii game for 5 pesos (50 cnts ), 360 games for 20 pesos (2 dollards)
its actually better buying them there than actually downloading them
biggrin.gif
. Cheers

Ohh and the police doesn't care at all wich is good. Somos pobres :"(

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
cwstjdenobs said:
I don't think anyone is saying they are not in there right to get him punished, but these sort of figures should only apply to "comercial" pirates, and in most jurisdictions, because there was no commercial gain he would be in for a large fine (but thousands to tens of thousands of dollars, not millioms) if he'd have gone through the courts. It's sort of akin to deporting someone for stealing 1 apple. Man is it hard to avoid bad Aussie jokes here.

The figure is smelling more and more like a publicity stunt, and that's why he can talk about the case (because that's good for Nintys PR with 3rd party devs), but not the sum, but they can talk about the sum. Normally in an out of court settlement the "loosing" side would have to stay quiet and the winning would announce "an undisclosed settlement".

QUOTE said:

Someone was born with a silver spoon in their mouth or has being very lucky in the job market. I'm a higher rate tax payer with a university education and career (though probably not by your >$125000 per annum crteria). Even if I had no tax, bills etc to pay it would take me over 10 years to pay that off. Well hopefuly not come April but you know what I mean. And if he did have a career he'd have probably lost it because of this anyway.

LOL, the internet : where ppl think fine's are commercial stunts

and euh... i think loads of ppl here think its not rightful of punishing him.

also, i said 4 year salary meaning if i had my salary of 4 years i could pay it. without it its prob around 400€ / month(if i drop saving money)+ my savings now + some money im getting soon sound be enough to pay it in around 10-20 years. and to get back to the main point : if he couldn't pay something like that then why share shit knowing you have a chance of paying those amounts of moneyz unless you are smart and dont get cought obviously

EDITED IN : also, i earn waaaay less then my brothers so im sure they could do it

tj_cool said:
Daco said:
QUOTE(rizzod @ Feb 10 2010, 05:16 PM)

but thats prob cause im older and if not smarter then all you retards
smile.gif
Pirating is worse to you than making someone kill herself?
huh.gif
ye
more humans die = less chance of stupid ppl making me want to rage so badly
but that is my point of view on humanity and isn't rational sooooo

1x 1,7m is better then 1489189189x 200k for harassment ? is that what you think i said?

no, i said that it sounds reasonable for 1,7M for piracy and 200k for harassment which gets done loads and makes you earn more then 1,7m without any trouble.

@ Guild McCommunist : ive gone past the "feeling bad" point to the point its either stupid or smart. if its stupid there should be no weeping or feeling bad. a rough mind for a rough stupid world
smile.gif

if you think im an ass and shit like that then go ahead and get a hammer smacked on my ass. see if i care, all you prove then is how fail the forum is. yes you can read then showing anger, and that you dont care and bla bla bla (been admin on countless of forums/servers before, i know what goes trough an average joe admin/mod's head while reading that)
but if a mod/admin would open his eyes for a minute and think about the forums' state in user&hardware...

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Daco said:
How isn't that thought rational? It's completely rational. Seeing as you seem to hate every single human being, murder seems a pretty good thing to do. Does it get anymore rational than this?

What it isn't, is social or intelligent. So I conclude that you are in fact more rational than you think, and less smart. Whether I'm right or wrong, I think most people would agree that basing the justice system on your beliefs wouldn't be the right thing to do. That's great, because the majority still decides what happens in countries like the United States and most countries in Europe, including Belgium.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Daco said:
LOL, the internet : where ppl think fine's are commercial stunts

There's no fine, only a settlement. the 100k legal costs don't even count as a fine. And I said the amount was a publicity stunt. Sort of "go along with what we say and we'll let you off much lighter".

rizzod said:

Anywhere where the law is still heavilly based enough on English common law anything to do with large amounts of money is the worst possible crime. That includes murder and rape.

Daco said:

1x 1,7m is better then 1489189189x 200k for harassment ? is that what you think i said?

no, i said that it sounds reasonable for 1,7M for piracy and 200k for harassment which gets done loads and makes you earn more then 1,7m without any trouble.
@ Guild McCommunist : ive gone past the "feeling bad" point to the point its either stupid or smart. if its stupid there should be no weeping or feeling bad. a rough mind for a rough stupid world
smile.gif

Daco man, I'm scared of turning into you as I get older. I really hope you're not like me and nicer OTI than IRL.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Daco, if you don't like these forums, then stay out!
We don't force you to be here, you're free to go wherever you want, but if you truly despise these forums as much, it'd be better both for you and for the rest of us if you left "gbafail" alone.

Remember, it's okay to have different opinions and discuss these, as long as you choose an appropriate tone. When you said how bad the current state of "gbafail" users was, you were probably - at least in part - referring to the fact that there are many users on these forums who don't respect that simple rule. However, you are now doing exactly the same thing, bashing the forum and its users in an utterly non-constructive way. Ergo, you aren't better in any way then the people you are bashing without reason. If any users are in any way superior to other users, it must be those who understand that your claims of superiority are devoid of merit.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, so one thread about this gets closed due to flame wars and another one opens? Yea, it sucks what happens, we all feel that way. Or not, tough. Discussion over. No more of these threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc