Suggestion Nintendo DSi section?

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
With the recent release of TWLTool to downgrade and be able to hack any DSi that exists right as of now, as well as being able to run DSiWare on hacked 3DS consoles, it'd be nice to have a place for all the DSi-related development on the site, whether it's homebrew or tools for DSiWare (Such as tools for editing various games). Could this be a possibility in the near future, perhaps even just a single subforum of the Nintendo DS section?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
As is always the case, when/if there is enough content to warrant a new section, that section will be made. As of now, there is still not nearly enough focused around DSi hacking to have an entire section devoted to it.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
But how to make a 16x16 dsi icon look different from ds one. :P That would be a challenge.
Yeah, probably not. Even with the new tool, I doubt there will ever be enough of an audience to merit a DSi section.
it actually just needs a separated area inside the nds part. or even a sub section like the different flashcarts own sections...

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
it actually just needs a separated area inside the nds part. or even a sub section like the different flashcarts own sections...
That still requires more threads than what are currently available. Three or four threads is not enough, and there is a very good chance the DSi scene still won't really take off since the 3DS scene is far more viable.

Reactions: Margen67

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
This was exactly what I had in mind, actually.
That still requires more threads than what are currently available. Three or four threads is not enough, and there is a very good chance the DSi scene still won't really take off since the 3DS scene is far more viable.
Keep in mind, however, that every single DSi that exists right now is exploitable. That isn't the case for the 3DS. I do see your point though. Perhaps if news about it were spread it may gain popularity.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Also, as for activity in the forum, I think it'd beat out the CycloDS forum easily, seeing as the last five posts in that section go back exactly one year:

April 13, 2015
April 04, 2015
February 11, 2015
December 01, 2014
July 31, 2014.

Go back 4 more posts and we're in 2013! If activity is the sole reason as for not having a DSi section now that there's a bit of a need, then I'm not sure why even less-active sections haven't been merged elsewhere since they're deader than dead.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
get outta here cearp :creep:
DSi has its unique features :nds:
just like n3ds
Also, as for activity in the forum, I think it'd beat out the CycloDS forum easily, seeing as the last five posts in that section go back exactly one year.
Go back 4 more posts and we're in 2013! If activity is the sole reason as for not having a DSi section now that there's a bit of a need, then I'm not sure why even less-active sections haven't been merged elsewhere since they're deader than dead.
at one point in time (not now) there was a need for the cyclods section, it's still interesting to keep it i guess, for information maybe.
but, i don't think there is a present need for a dsi section.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Even with that tool, I don't see much spark being brought back into the DSi hacking scene. Hell, when the DSi was hacked and there was even a flashcard that ran in DSi-mode, it was met with a resounding, meh. Hackers weren't interested and the community fell flat before it could even take off.
Maybe this tool will spark some interest now, but I don't see it taking much away from the 3DS hacking scene, at least not enough to make it's own section. Maybe a sub in the DS, but that's implying this tool actually draws enough people in.

Also, as for activity in the forum, I think it'd beat out the CycloDS forum easily, seeing as the last five posts in that section go back exactly one year
I can easily argue that they remain for archival purposes and easy for those still using the card. As of right now, the section still has some current use. Verses creating an entire new section with the gamble that something might happen. Looking back when DSi hacking was new there wasn't much interest in it then, then it's safe to assume there might not be much interest in it now.
If there's not a high enough demand, then there's no reason to create section until it proves itself to be a stable community.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.