www.saves.wikidot.com
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
DigitalDeviant said:
that sucks what a HORDER! that buyer is

edit: yeah what will he do with it?

A. Resell it for $$ for somebody who DOES wanna dump it (asshole move, but expect it)
B.Dump it and take credit
C. Troll the entire hacking community and just hold onto it and collect dust

I say you should just dump it for your personal use, at LEAST since you most likely won't ever see it again...
wink.gif

It's such a valuable piece; it'd be a shame to lose it forever.
He said he had no intntions of dumping it so B is not possble

NintendyFan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
Schlupi said:
DigitalDeviant said:

A. Resell it for $$ for somebody who DOES wanna dump it (asshole move, but expect it)

I say you should just dump it for your personal use, at LEAST since you most likely won't ever see it again...
wink.gif

I second this, please dump it first! I'm sure us tempers can help you with that.

Well, as said, I don't have the ability to do so. :/

D

Deleted_171835

I can understand why the buyer doesn't want to dump it.
If it gets dumped, the cartridge wouldn't be considered rare anymore. Anybody would be able to obtain it online. Considering he paid big bucks for it (to be part of his collection), I can understand why he doesn't want it available to the masses.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NintendyFan said:
DigitalDeviant said:
Schlupi said:
DigitalDeviant said:

wink.gif

I second this, please dump it first! I'm sure us tempers can help you with that.

Well, as said, I don't have the ability to do so. :/

its okay.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
Schlupi said:
DigitalDeviant said:

wink.gif

THIRDED! Great idea Schlupi!
wink.gif

I agree with this guy. Man... Like I said to you, I would have no issue helping you dump it (have flashcarts, DSes, Wifi, computers, etc.) and I am sure many of has have no issues helping you (plenty of trusted people here who will help you out).

Of course I understand if you decline our offers. You DID sell it to this guy, after all.

NintendyFan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
DigitalDeviant said:
Schlupi said:
DigitalDeviant said:

wink.gif

THIRDED! Great idea Schlupi!
wink.gif

I agree with this guy. Man... Like I said to you, I would have no issue helping you dump it (have flashcarts, DSes, Wifi, computers, etc.) and I am sure many of has have no issues helping you (plenty of trusted people here who will help you out).

Well, I'm supposed to have a flash cart coming in from someone in the EU.., but who knows.

I'm not so sure I have many other options at this time. However, it's still not paid for yet.

D

Deleted-236924

Doesn't matter if this isn't dumped.
Didn't we already establish that this wouldn't help the hacking community?

someperson_12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The buyer is probably (definitely?) reading this thread, since nobody would win the auction without thoroughly researching the product AND the seller, which would lead them here.

That said, dumping it for personal use cannot really be stopped by the buyer. I think you should listen to his wishes and NOT release the dump.

After this whole thing has cleared up (in about a few months, the guy can't return the item and what not) you can think about release a dump (well if you want every buyer of your stuff on eBay to trust you, you would NOT)

NintendyFan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
someperson_12345 said:
The buyer is probably (definitely?) reading this thread, since nobody would win the auction without thoroughly researching the product AND the seller, which would lead them here.

That said, dumping it for personal use cannot really be stopped by the buyer. I think you should listen to his wishes and NOT release the dump.

After this whole thing has cleared up (in about a few months, the guy can't return the item and what not) you can think about release a dump (well if you want every buyer of your stuff on eBay to trust you, you would NOT)

Welcoming PM's for help, lol.

D

Deleted-236924

someperson_12345 said:
(well if you want every buyer of your stuff on eBay to trust you, you would NOT)
Except he didn't say all of those carts he is selling would stay undumped.
So even if they get dumped, why should you stop trusting him?

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
NintendyFan said:
someperson_12345 said:

Wait, you're the one who bought/is selling it!?

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
NintendyFan said:
someperson_12345 said:

Have you read the thread?
tongue.gif
He is the one selling them; he ALSO has tons of other special cart goodies.
happy.gif

Sent a PM, by the way.

EDIT: DO NOT FALL FOR IT!!! DO NOT let him pay half; he shouldn't have bidded so high if he wasn't planning to pay it; just report him for fake bidding if he doesn't pay... he is leterally trying to scam you. Paying outside of ebay is the first no no (Ebay seller protection is OUT THE WINDOW). Also, like I said, it's unethical for Ebay standards to bid and try to pay half... Please, don't fall for his crap.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Schlupi said:
8BitWalugi said:
NintendyFan said:
someperson_12345 said:

Have you read the thread?
tongue.gif
He is the one selling them; he ALSO has tons of other special cart goodies.
happy.gif

Sent a PM, by the way.

EDIT: DO NOT FALL FOR IT!!! DO NOT let him pay half; he shouldn't have bidded so high if he wasn't planning to pay it; just report him for fake bidding if he doesn't pay...
I have no plans to read 16+ pages of info.
tongue.gif

Just go to the NDS backup guide I guess.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Fucking asshole motherfucker son of a bitch

Guess I was right that he was a horder....

I the seller should dump the cart before he sends it.

At least Nintndyfan is interested in dumping it..

This guy just wants to. Horde it.

AND he doesn't want to pay for it????

REPORT HIM.

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
Fucking asshole.

I would dump the cart before I sent it... Just to spite this douschebag

This guy just wants to fucking horde it.

At this point, if the buyer isn't willing to pay in full, I would NOT even sell it to him.

The final price of a bid is SUPPOSED to be non-negotiable; you are in a binding agreement to pay said price after bidding.

I do Ebay all the time, and have had MANY people try this. You do not EVER accept this no patter what the situation is. It's just them trying to cheat you out of your money.

NintendyFan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
Fucking asshole.

I would dump the cart before I sent it... Just to spite this douschebag

This guy just wants to fucking horde it.

At this point, if the buyer isn't willing to pay in full, I would NOT even sell it to him.

The final price of a bid is SUPPOSED to be non-negotiable; you are in a binding agreement to pay said price after bidding.

I do Ebay all the time, and have had MANY people try this. You do not EVER accept this no patter what the situation is. It's just them trying to cheat you out of your money.

It won't be a problem. I've been selling on eBay for 4 years and we've sold over over 50,000 games on ebay alone in that time on other accounts. If he doesn't do the deal the right way, I won't sell it to him. I'll just end up relisting it. I am sure he will pay. I've sold him a few other items and haven't had issues with those.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NintendyFan, u should report the buyer, then dump it yourself or re-auction it.
Then we could have a pool!

NintendyFan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone for the support of this. I'll keep you updated. I will also answer any PM's in the morning. It's been a loooooong day.. hah.

I'll probably start up a thread this weekend for the continuation of any discussion on this. I don't want to flood this one too much and would like to be able to edit the first post on the page of course with updates.

Night all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work